Fitz Speaks

AFJF

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

when a player moves on and improves you forget about the rest of his career because we are currently living in the present.

His play was not horrible in the Buffalo game the team however was horrible and that's what lost the game. I keep hearing this 3 Int bullsh*t when on one of the Ints he was Hit while throwing causing the ball to go way off course and the other Int was a desperation throw with about 7 seconds left in the game. Fitz had 2 nice TD drives in that game with 2 nice TD throws. Obviously the Decker throw is something you want back but you also don't want a receiver out fought for the ball either. As it has been stated Fitz played 5 games in a row before that one where he basically took the team on his back and played extremely well. It would have been nice to see that team step up and crush the Bills but that didn't happen and the team as a whole was to blame.

that's your opinion.  I saw Fitz not even notice wide open receivers in that game.  I saw him underthrow and make terrible decisions as he ALWAYS does in bad weather.  It is delusional to think that he is going to get any better than his fluke year.  

That said, I'll be rooting for him.  But honestly, his arm sucks and he can't deliver the long ball with any accuracy because he can't throw the long ball.  That, in and of itself, handicaps the offense.  

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah, let's hope the players are above the owner and the FO. But I'll give them one thing at least at the end they made the best decision for the team. 

Well, if they didnt then the FO will be held accountable for allowing "BFF relationships" to play such a role. The first two months will tell alot. 

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, if they didnt then the FO will be held accountable for allowing "BFF relationships" to play such a role. The first two months will tell alot. 

Believe me it's not that. If Fitz sucked and was as bad as you guys claim he is Marshall would not want him back. I mean guys like Marshall and TO (diva receivers) don't countenance terrible Qbs who can't get them the damn ball. It costs them money! And btw the ultimate Qb killer TO said his favorite all time Qb was Fitz. Same goes for Marshall. If he can get along with these guys give him a little credit, come on now.;)

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Believe me it's not that. If Fitz sucked and was as bad as you guys claim he is Marshall would not want him back. I mean guys like Marshall and TO (diva receivers) don't countenance terrible Qbs who can't get them the damn ball. It costs them money! And btw the ultimate Qb killer TO said his favorite all time Qb was Fitz. Same goes for Marshall. If he can get along with these guys give him a little credit, come on now.;)

Well, the competion will be vastly different so playing just 3 teams with a winning record last year isnt the same when playing 6 of your first 8 games against playoff teams this year. 

Time will tell. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Well, the competion will be vastly different so playing just 3 teams with a winning record last year isnt the same when playing 6 of your first 8 games against playoff teams this year. 

Time will tell. 

Bring it on. Sounds like fun. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Hopefully you're right though. I dont want to start the season 1-5 just so I can prove a point. 

I cant even call that bitter sweet. 

Enjoy life, Villain. It's ok to be wrong. I'm an expert at it. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im a Jets fan, There is no such thing as enjoying life from September to February! ;)

I just have one request for our upcoming season. But you guys can do whatever you want. Please no excuses for winning. Let's take our Ws and enjoy them. The good the bad and the ugly. As long as we get that W. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I just have one request for our upcoming season. But you guys can do whatever you want. Please no excuses for winning. Let's take our Ws and enjoy them. The good the bad and the ugly. As long as we get that W. 

I dont do that. Im fair when it comes to the games, which is why I had a problem when so many people was calling Geno's Oakland game "terrible". Im not sure if you were around last season. I make my general statements of course, but when the game is on it is what it is and I give credit where credit is due. The Geno hate however has gotten so out of control to where it no longer has anything to do with football. You would think that people actually knew this guy. 

I got you though, we'll enjoy the season! 

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

that's your opinion.  I saw Fitz not even notice wide open receivers in that game.  I saw him underthrow and make terrible decisions as he ALWAYS does in bad weather.  It is delusional to think that he is going to get any better than his fluke year.  

That said, I'll be rooting for him.  But honestly, his arm sucks and he can't deliver the long ball with any accuracy because he can't throw the long ball.  That, in and of itself, handicaps the offense.  

Amazing he cant throw the long ball when he actually threw numerous passes 55 yards plus last year and a 45 yard fairly low trajectory TD to Marshall. That's not my opinion that's fact. Fitz does not have a strong arm but his arm is not weak and terrible like some seem to believe. You don't throw 31 TD's in the NFL constantly throwing floaters. Fitz has a mediocre arm but I've also seen him step up and zip it as well.

Either way getting into the strong arm debate is foolish because some of the best QB's in history had arms just like Fitz . This is the first team Fitz has had good talent to work with and even with that last year this offense had glaring holes at TE and with the RB's receiving out of the back field. He has a TE now and 2 very good receiving backs so yes I expect improvement because now Fitz will not have to force every ball to decker or marshall

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont do that. Im fair when it comes to the games, which is why I had a problem when so many people was calling Geno's Oakland game "terrible". Im not sure if you were around last season. I make my general statements of course, but when the game is on it is what it is and I give credit where credit is due. The Geno hate however has gotten so out of control to where it no longer has anything to do with football. You would think that people actually knew this guy. 

Villian Genos Oakland gam was not terrible all Genos Oakland game did was expose him still making the same silly mistakes in his 3rd year. He made about 3 mistakes in that game that made you shake your head ...why is he still doing this ?? At want point does he learn to throw the ball away ?

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hopefully you're right though. I dont want to start the season 1-5 just so I can prove a point. 

Just so your aware when you play defenses like Seattle and The Cardinals they have shut down the Elite QB';s in this league ..those are the kind of games you need a full team effort and sometimes you have to find other ways to win other than the QB. The Broncos proved that in the SB. Its not all about the QB week in and week out

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Villian Genos Oakland gam was not terrible all Genos Oakland game did was expose him still making the same silly mistakes in his 3rd year. He made about 3 mistakes in that game that made you shake your head ...why is he still doing this ?? At want point does he learn to throw the ball away ?

And yet Fitz made silly mistakes in his 11th year. The difference? Geno is under a microscope and that's the "cool thing to do" at this moment in time while bringing up anything regarding Fitz situation is explained away. 

The fact that Geno's Oakland game could be considered by many fans (some fans who even changed their mind after I presented a breakdown on every throw) as terrible yet cant deal with the fact of what Week 17 was against the Bills is why the conversation itself is just useless. When you talk to people who dont want to understand or acknowledge then there is no point. When a guy can do some of the same stupid things in his 3rd year yet cannot see some of his improvements in that same game while at the same time not analyze Fitz in the same manner....whats the point? 

What I receive in return everytime I say this^^^^ is "But, however, although, Geno Sucks, Fitz is the starter" etc. I've heard it all before. 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Just so your aware when you play defenses like Seattle and The Cardinals they have shut down the Elite QB';s in this league ..those are the kind of games you need a full team effort and sometimes you have to find other ways to win other than the QB. The Broncos proved that in the SB. Its not all about the QB week in and week out

We do have the defense for that. And what the D guys loved about our offense last year was they were not on the field the entire game like in the past. We moved the ball regularly and made first downs. And converted drives to scores. If we can do that this season we have a good chance to win games. Against all opponents not just the "marshmallows." How's about a little optimism around here. Come on now. You know like,  Super Bowl or Bust!:D

22 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno is waiting if we start out 1-5..why I am glad we have both of them here not just 1.. In case of injury, or poor play.. Fitz really believes he is as good or better than the stats he put up last yr vs a weak schedule.. I like the guy's confidence, and hope he is right.. He will earn a ton of respect if he repeats last yr's stats with this schedule.. If not he is going to get booed out of town and back to his backup role somewhere else in 17.. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

And yet Fitz made silly mistakes in his 11th year. The difference? Geno is under a microscope and that's the "cool thing to do" at this moment in time while bringing up anything regarding Fitz situation is explained away. 

The fact that Geno's Oakland game could be considered by many fans (some fans who even changed their mind after I presented a breakdown on ever throw) as terrible yet cant deal with the fact of what Week 17 was against the Bills is why the conversation itself is just useless. When you talk to people who dont want to understand or acknowledge then there is no point. When a guy can do some of the same stupid things in his 3rd year yet cannot see some of his improvements in that same game while at the same time not analyze Fitz in the same manner....whats the point? 

What I receive in return everytime I say this^^^^ is "But, however, although, Geno Sucks, Fitz is the starter" etc. I've heard it all before. 

throwing an interception is not a silly mistake it happenes to the best of them. Taking Sacks when you shouldn't, Running out of the pocket when you shouldn't, holding the ball like a loaf of bread and fumbling at an alarming rate are all things Fitz does not do and Geno does. You can argue that all you want but those are the silly mistakes I'm refering too and Geno does all of them under pressure. We were in every game last year except the Oakland game just saying :)

Just now, Smashmouth said:

throwing an interception is not a silly mistake it happenes to the best of them. Taking Sacks when you shouldn't, Running out of the pocket when you shouldn't, holding the ball like a loaf of bread and fumbling at an alarming rate are all things Fitz does not do and Geno does. You can argue that all you want but those are the silly mistakes I'm refering too and Geno does all of them under pressure. We were in every game last year except the Oakland game just saying :)

Taking sacks when you shouldnt (while forgetting that he converted the 4th and 21 that he was in because of the sacks he took) is always worse than throwing 3 iNT's in a row to end your season with the playoffs on the line. 

I get it. Im moving on. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We do have the defense for that. And what the D guys loved about our offense last year was they were not on the field the entire game like in the past. We moved the ball regularly and made first downs. And converted drives to scores. If we can do that this season we have a good chance to win games. Against all opponents not just the "marshmallows." How's about a little optimism around here. Come on now. You know like,  Super Bowl or Bust!:D

I agree with what your saying Fitz and the Jets offense do move the ball regularly and I think our defense will move to elitye status with the speed we added at LB and hopefully a healthy Pryor.

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Taking sacks when you shouldnt (while forgetting that he converted the 4th and 21 that he was in because of the sacks he took) is always worse than throwing 3 iNT's in a row to end your season with the playoffs on the line. 

I get it. Im moving on. 

he was hit while throwing one of those ints and that was obvious yet you just gloss over that and the desperation throw at the end of the game with 7 seconds left. I don't see you praising Fitz for those 2 nice TD passes he threw. The team stunk on that day and yes Fitz Int to Decker was a part of that buit sh*t like that happens to every QB in the NFL sometimes the QB has really bad days. What we do have now is a QB who does not fumble and takes care of the football and leads drives to keep the defense off the field when was the last time we had that ? Vinny in 98 Chad in 02 . yet you still have issues . Aaron Rodgers had some really bad games towards the end of last year if he was a Jet I fully believe some here would be calling suck. That's what makes this all laughable. Fitz was sacked at a very low rate and only had 2 fumbles last year and didn't make boneheaded plays in the pocket so yeah lets move on.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

he was hit while throwing one of those ints and that was obvious yet you just gloss over that and the desperation throw at the end of the game with 7 seconds left. I don't see you praising Fitz for those 2 nice TD passes he threw. The team stunk on that day and yes Fitz Int to Decker was a part of that buit sh*t like that happens to every QB in the NFL sometimes the QB has really bad days. What we do have now is a QB who does not fumble and takes care of the football and leads drives to keep the defense off the field when was the last time we had that ? Vinny in 98 Chad in 02 . yet you still have issues . Aaron Rodgers had some really bad games towards the end of last year if he was a Jet I fully believe some here would be calling suck. That's what makes this all laughable. Fitz was sacked at a very low rate and only had 2 fumbles last year and didn't make boneheaded plays in the pocket so yeah lets move on.

lol. 

Fitz really is a very down to earth, NICE guy at the end of the day. I have NO problem with him and I am ecstatic (the for the Jets sake) that he will be their starting QB this season. I also think it takes major cohunes to make this deal. Fitz is in fact betting on himself. He's betting that he will have another great season after essentially having 10 very bad seasons. That takes major balls. It also leaves me felling that come hell or high water we WILL get Fitz very best each and every Sunday.

Fitz really is a very down to earth, NICE guy at the end of the day. I have NO problem with him and I am ecstatic (the for the Jets sake) that he will be their starting QB this season. I also think it takes major cohunes to make this deal. Fitz is in fact betting on himself. He's betting that he will have another great season after essentially having 10 very bad seasons. That takes major balls. It also leaves me felling that come hell or high water we WILL get Fitz very best each and every Sunday.

Nice caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived