Macc Do Geno a Favor and Cut him NOW

JetBlue

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Nope. Doesn't make sense to me. You either keep 4 QBs or you cut Petty. It all depends on how much faith you have that Petty can develop into a legit NFL starter- that's on Macc and the coaching staff to decide.

As far as Geno, he is easily the best backup option the Jets  have, and a cheap one at that. 

Here's a VERY possible scenario that could totally change the 'writing on the wall'. Fitz gets hurt. Geno takes over and plays great/wins games. That's it. That's all it will take for Geno to end up being the starting QB on this team, possibly for a long time. Is it so hard to believe that this could happen?

If FItz gets hurt early and is out for 3-4 weeks and Geno steps in and wins 3-4 games and plays well, I don't think Bowles benches him when FItz is ready to go. It would make o sense. The fact that Fitz is only signed for one year means there's no REAL commitment to either Fitz or Geno beyond this season. 

Conversely, if Fitz gets hurt and Geno was cut, you are hoping Petty does well. Which is possible, but A LOT less likely than Geno doing well. If Petty has to come in and the Jets lose 3-4 games b/c he isn't ready, well, there goes the season.     

If that happened and Geno was lights out then like last year Bowles would stay with Geno. Because he wants to win. I'm not talking about winning a game and he's just ok I mean over a period of time and he's excellent. If he gives us our best chance to win, I'd be for it. But imo he's just not that good. 

41 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I am sure there are real haters out there, but I, for one, don't hate Geno (as a player or a person). I, like many, think that Fitz gives the Jets the best chance to win. No hatred there. By the same way that I think that Geno give the Jets the best chance to win over Petty or Hack this year; therefore, you don't get rid of one of the better back-ups just to 'do the right thing'; Geno can walk after this season. It may not be fair, but it is what it is.

As far as getting a raw deal and do nothing wrong; he handled the situation with IK poorly - even many teammates came out and said that he egged IK on - he didn't deserve to be punched, but at the same time he 'did nothing wrong' is a bit of a whitewash of the situation. He also, apparently, interviewed poorly which had him drafted by the Jets in the 2nd round instead of going somewhere else. He had bad coaching and WR, but the Sanchez haters on this board didn't seem to care. Also, look at Hack, he should have left Penn St. instead of staying and got screwed by coaches and a lack of talent. That is the reality of the situation.

Either way, you don't get rid of a cheap quality backup because you feel bad for him. He will have his chance for a fresh start next year.

Nice post.

I am a real hater. He disrespected his team and himself. Will he get another chance? Who knows. If it's with the Jets, I hope he does well. But the fact is if there be any lingering doubts about his ability to be a starting QB due to lack of "evaluation" (I argue this is not the case, 2 years as undisputed starter is plenty), those doubts only exist because he opened the door for fitz with his colossal arrogance and stupidity and the beard strolled on through it.

Why is there no love for petty! Guy looked pretty good few chances he played preseason. He's big, cannon, pretty athletic! Smart! Friggin Fitz is journeyman. If I remember right, he was pretty 1st half in a lot of games, sh*t arm! Not effective playing good secondaries! Petty or hackensburg! Those are the 2 guys I'm excited about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes, the team should make decisions based upon how a message board conversation makes one feel.

Dude please just shut the **** up already. Stop taking this thread so seriously. 

42 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes, the team should make decisions based upon how a message board conversation makes one feel.

Why not they make decisions based on what the players want, keeping Rex after the 2013 season, and now caving, and signing Fitzpatrick. 

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Dude please just shut the **** up already. Stop taking this thread so seriously. 

Thanks for using big boy words to explain how others take threads too seriously.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Why not they make decisions based on what the players want, keeping Rex after the 2013 season, and now caving, and signing Fitzpatrick. 

And sometimes, the fans can influence decisions, too. For right or wrong. But I'd like to think that influence isn't based on hurt feelings on a web forum.

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you know that, stop whining.  Geno will make an excellent #2 QB this year, and when his contract ends, he'll have the freedom to move on.

We owe Geno nothing whatsoever.  Quite the contrary.

Nice to see evidence tho that you put Geno fandom ahead of Jets fandom, because keeping Geno as the #2 is whats best for the Jets.  

Stop whining?  How about stop being such a dick and telling people what to post.  Who died and left you in charge?   If don't like the topic, there are plenty others you can post in. 

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Stop whining?  How about stop being such a dick and telling people what to post.  Who died and left you in charge?   If don't like the topic, there are plenty others you can post in. 

Pace yourself. Training camp is here. Plenty of time to be bitter and angry when the season starts.

@JetBlue You see what I'm saying? You got these bullsh*t comments in hear bashing him personally. Disliking him as a person is 1 thing, but the (unwarranted) person swipes on him are disturbing and honestly frustrating. And we've had some garbage QBs before.

You can't tell me it isn't what I think know it is

@JetBlue You see what I'm saying? You got these bullsh*t comments in hear bashing him personally. Disliking him as a person is 1 thing, but the (unwarranted) person swipes on him are disturbing and honestly frustrating. And we've had some garbage QBs before.

What is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is it?

Don't be a coward, speak up.

Call it what you think it is.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Pace yourself. Training camp is here. Plenty of time to be bitter and angry when the season starts.

Thanks for the advice Doc.  Nothing bitter or angry about wanting to see a young guy succeed, if not with the Jets with some other team.   It would seem you would be happy to see him go. 

Just now, JetBlue said:

Thanks for the advice Doc.  Nothing bitter or angry about wanting to see a young guy succeed, if not with the Jets with some other team.   It would seem you be happy to see him go. 

Nah make him play out the final year on his deal. He has to be a good little puppy because anything that whiffs of him not being a team player flushes whatever shot at redemption he has down the crapper. 

Just now, jgb said:

Nah make him play out the final year on his deal. He has to be a good little puppy because anything that whiffs of him not being a team player flushes whatever shot at redemption he has down the crapper. 

lol, boy you must really be fun at parties. 

6 minutes ago, King P said:

Let it go dude.... 

3 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

What is it?

Just now, jfmckenna said:

What is it?

Don't be a coward, speak up.

Call it what you think it is.

You know what the **** it is you dirty piece of sh*t. I saw your slick comment in the other thread. You're the worst kind of scum.

Talking about "affirmative action". **** you, racist piece of sh*t.

If you ever said that in person, I'd make sure to slap the sh*t out of you.

But I'll just put you on ignore instead. I won't even bother going back and with the likes of you. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Why do so many people care so much about doing the right thing by a guy who doesn't even respect the team enough to pay his debts to his own teammates? It's like a disease.

Those who care so much share the same disease.

25 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

100% on board. Cut Geno today and bring in Foles for the veteran minimum.

1. Vet minimum for Foles is more than we are paying Geno (or there abouts) - we only have to pay him 1 million and he has an extra .5 million in dead cap; what do you think you are going to get Foles for?

2. Geno is a better backup than Foles; he knows the system and players better; we would have to completely revamp our offense to have Foles play in it - not what you want to do for a backup.

Personally, I don't hate him, but I wouldn't let him babysit for my family either. Either way, he is the best we can hope for as far as a backup is concerned.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not sure the turnabout works in this instance but at least it sounds clever until actually thinking about it

You'd be surprised.  You are talking about Geno supporters. It takes a certain type of personality to be one.

You know what the **** it is you dirty piece of sh*t. I saw your slick comment in the other thread. You're the worst kind of scum.

Talking about "affirmative action". **** you, racist piece of sh*t.

If you ever said that in person, I'd make sure to slap the sh*t out of you.

But I'll just put you on ignore instead. I won't even bother going back and with the likes of you. 

There you go.

True colors shining through.

Archived