Macc Do Geno a Favor and Cut him NOW

JetBlue

12 minutes ago, Powpow said:

You'd be surprised.  You are talking about Geno supporters. It takes a certain type of personality to be one.

Good point. To get them off the board for a few hours just write this on both sides of a blank sheet of paper:

addtext_com_MTQ0NzA4MzQ0NDA1.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe people are posting threads about Gina Smith! Nothing personal he sucks! S is for sh*t! U is for ughh! C is for can't play! K is for kick the bitch off the team!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I know this is a business, but after everything that has happened I find it very difficult to see how Geno can co exist on this roster.  I am sure he, like most players, read the papers, listen to the radio, watch espn etc. and all we have read all off season is the tremendous support Fitz has among the Jets players like Marshall, Decker, Mangold, Forte etc.   He has to constantly hear how he sucks and is the worst quarterback in the history of football etc, etc. 

The hand writing is on the wall; there is no reason to have the guy on the team at this point; if Petty shows ANYTHING, he should be the back up.  Do the right thing Macc and put Geno out of his misery but cutting him now and letting him try and latch on with another team.   His days as a NY Jet are really over and maybe that is the best thing for his future.  

I am going to root for Fitz to do well but I can tell you now, I am not excited at all to see him back; I would have liked to see what Geno could have become with this offense. That is now water under the bridge.  For me, the countdown begins for the Hackenberg Era. 

This is not smart.  Geno is best prepared to be the back-up on this team and he's relatively cheap.  Let's keep the Geno hate within reason, okay?

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I totally get that, I know he will not be cut until exactly that happens if that happens.  I am simply making a point from player perspective; I KNOW Mac won't cut him at all unless he feels Petty is ready to be the back up.   I am just so tired of the Geno Hate that I wish they would just cut the guy already so folks have to find someone else to sh*t on. 

Then maybe stop starting threads that you know the smart people that think Geno sucks will post in??    

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who the hell cares what's best for Geno? People concerned with what's best for Geno should start their own Genonation.com message board. 

What's best for Geno has nothing to do with what's best for the Jets.  The 2 things do not have to be inclusive.

What's best for Rob is to be the official chiropractor of the Jets, or even the Cowboys, since I live out here.   But that's not happening right now either.

I think if a team operates fairly and treats the players like human beings not chattels people hear about and want to be in that org. It's not just money but the rep of a team, too. Players like to be treated honestly by the FO and esp the coaches. Orgs get reputations, some good some bad. The Giants, for example, under the Maras always good. As for Geno he's under contract and has another year to go. He'll be a FA next year and can sign wherever he wants. 

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

You are actually preaching to the choir.  In fact, I would have had NO problem with him going into the season as the starter assuming there was an open qb competition.  My point really had to do with how the guy is so disrespected by the fans, (his own locker room?) if I were him, I would just say, "get me outta here".   Time for a fresh start. 

Canada wouldn't even let him in the country.

58 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

This is not smart.  Geno is best prepared to be the back-up on this team and he's relatively cheap.  Let's keep the Geno hate within reason, okay?

Wow you really have a problem with reading comprehension....

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I know this is a business, but after everything that has happened I find it very difficult to see how Geno can co exist on this roster.  I am sure he, like most players, read the papers, listen to the radio, watch espn etc. and all we have read all off season is the tremendous support Fitz has among the Jets players like Marshall, Decker, Mangold, Forte etc.   He has to constantly hear how he sucks and is the worst quarterback in the history of football etc, etc. 

The hand writing is on the wall; there is no reason to have the guy on the team at this point; if Petty shows ANYTHING, he should be the back up.  Do the right thing Macc and put Geno out of his misery but cutting him now and letting him try and latch on with another team.   His days as a NY Jet are really over and maybe that is the best thing for his future.  

I am going to root for Fitz to do well but I can tell you now, I am not excited at all to see him back; I would have liked to see what Geno could have become with this offense. That is now water under the bridge.  For me, the countdown begins for the Hackenberg Era. 

I disagree. We will see a QB change during the year n it'll give Geno some playing time with this cast n show what he's made up of. I hope I'm wrong, n would love to be wrong, but I don't see us making it to the playoffs. Brutal start. 3-4 would be the best case scenario to start.  And to win 8 out of the last 9 games which include two against the cheaters, we would have to click on every cylinder. Not saying it can't happen because it can, but probably won't happen. 

5 hours ago, JetBlue said:

In respect to what Geno has been reading and dealing with the past year I do kind of feel sorry for the guy I don't wish anyone to fail. The fact is, however, Geno has not played well and he had a lot to overcome most of which was self inflicted. This regime of Macc and Bowles were not as inclined to let their careers ride on Geno like Rex did with Sanchez and from their perspective that was a very smart move. Geno should be cut to see if he can't catch on with another team and change the scenery but that's going to all depend on Petty and Hack and how they progress through training camp.

5 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Lol what did geno do wrong ? He worked his butt off all summer preparing to be the starter in case fitzdrama didn't come back.. I'm glad for that.. If he acted like a ryandiva and cried about his situation no doubt Fitz would have used that against the jets and they would have caved big time to sign Ryan.. He is a quality backup making peanuts.. He isn't going anywhere.. Jets don't have anything faith yet in petty or hac for the #2.. If they did they probably would have not been pressured to up Fitz offer.. You need a quality #2 qb if you are in a win now mode..

Geno is a BUM pure and simple. On top of that he definitely rides the short bus. Only a total dumb A$$ does the stupid sh*t he has done. He wrote his own death warrant in NY.

What's worse is people making excuses saying how they can't coexist in NY??? Personally, I want Geno cut ASAP, but what is truly bad is posters claiming Geno can't coexist with Fitz when the truth is.... HE CAN'T COMPETE. If he could, he would have kept his sh*t for brains out of trouble last offseason and he would have WON the starting job in TC. Instead the f*cking dingbat goes out and gets his jaw broken.

Bottom line here is Geno is dumber than dirt, and a lot of posters have the audacity to try and defend him and make excuses for him.

2 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Geno is a BUM pure and simple. On top of that he definitely rides the short bus. Only a total dumb A$$ does the stupid sh*t he has done. He wrote his own death warrant in NY.

What's worse is people making excuses saying how they can't coexist in NY??? Personally, I want Geno cut ASAP, but what is truly bad is posters claiming Geno can't coexist with Fitz when the truth is.... HE CAN'T COMPETE. If he could, he would have kept his sh*t for brains out of trouble last offseason and he would have WON the starting job in TC. Instead the f*cking dingbat goes out and gets his jaw broken.

Bottom line here is Geno is dumber than dirt, and a lot of posters have the audacity to try and defend him and make excuses for him.

Lol lets move on from last training camp.. Nobody in the jets front office cares what you want lol.. Geno is not going ANYWHERE.. He is the best bargain # 2 in the nfl.. We need geno to backup Fitz because Fitz hasn't shown he can play well vs quality teams and we have a tough schedule this yr..  Fitz earned the right to start, but he is getting yanked if he does not backup the statement he made this offseason of how great he is.. Jets have no commitment past this yr with Fitz .. If he can't navigate through the tough schedule he will be benched so he has time to think about where he wants to try to play next yr.. 

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You people are so dramatic.

"Everything that has happened"

As in what? The Jets took a hard stance on contract offers to bring back the starting QB from last year, so he could be the starting QB this year. Making Geno the backup again. So, he's in the exact same situation he was in last year?

If they're going to cut him, it should be because they think he's trash as a player. Not because of the PR manipulated appearance of whatever... Fitz could have been a Jets months ago if he just signed then. He balked at the contracts offers, until he ran out of options and the Jets told him they were done waiting on him.

There is no "everything" that happened. Geno has the same job now that he had last year. Same opportunity to steal Fitz's job too, if he can.

Yep.  And everyone around the Jets knew that the Jets had no intention of going into the season with Geno as the starter. 

What kind of nonsense am I reading. I'd kinda to like to make a run in 2016. We needs all hands on deck, including a backup qb with starting experience who's been in the system for a bit

Maybe everyone could put their pu$$ies away and see how August plays out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

So which is it? I'm confused.

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Yep.  And everyone around the Jets knew that the Jets had no intention of going into the season with Geno as the starter. 

So are you saying the 7pm deadline last night was bs ? The jets were absolutely prepared to move on from Fitz if He did not accept that last offer.. Giving a deadline was a bit surprising, because NO WAY could they give a deadline and then say " ohh just kidding." Mac has really demonstrated strong leadership, getting Mo deal done was obviously much more important than signing fitz

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

So are you saying the 7pm deadline last night was bs ? The jets were absolutely prepared to move on from Fitz if He did not accept that last offer.. Giving a deadline was a bit surprising, because NO WAY could they give a deadline and then say " ohh just kidding." Mac has really demonstrated strong leadership, getting Mo deal done was obviously much more important than signing fitz

Fitz knew that there wasn't a team out there who was going to pay him more than the Jets were.  The Jets also knew this.  Fitz was just milking it for as much as he could get.

40 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol lets move on from last training camp.. Nobody in the jets front office cares what you want lol.. Geno is not going ANYWHERE.. He is the best bargain # 2 in the nfl.. We need geno to backup Fitz because Fitz hasn't shown he can play well vs quality teams and we have a tough schedule this yr..  Fitz earned the right to start, but he is getting yanked if he does not backup the statement he made this offseason of how great he is.. Jets have no commitment past this yr with Fitz .. If he can't navigate through the tough schedule he will be benched so he has time to think about where he wants to try to play next yr.. 

He's not a bargain, not by any stretch. The fact is, the stupid sh*tbag should never be paid another thin dime from the Jets. He's too dumb. And here we go with you again constantly trying to argue. Listen, you have no argument. ALL of your arguments are laughable at best. Like I said, the ONLY thing saving Geno's roster spot right now is the possibility that Bryce Petty is not ready for the number 2 role. If he is? Geno is GONE....

4 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Fitz knew that there wasn't a team out there who was going to pay him more than the Jets were.  The Jets also knew this.  Fitz was just milking it for as much as he could get.

Everyone knew that.. Why the jets didn't need to up their offer.. Would Fitz have still accepted the untimatum if it was say- one yr at 9, 10 mil ? My guess is yes.. But mac was smart, no jet fan would be mad at the jets if he actually did turn down the deal he signed.. 

11 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

He's not a bargain, not by any stretch. The fact is, the stupid sh*tbag should never be paid another thin dime from the Jets. He's too dumb. And here we go with you again constantly trying to argue. Listen, you have no argument. ALL of your arguments are laughable at best. Like I said, the ONLY thing saving Geno's roster spot right now is the possibility that Bryce Petty is not ready for the number 2 role. If he is? Geno is GONE....

Lol take a Xanax.. For " some " reason  You seem to have a deep hatred for geno.. I'm not arguing, I'm simply stating there is no way the jets are cutting geno.. Despite your small minority opinion he is a very good bargain.. Look at what all the other teams are paying their #2.. Much more than a mil and change.. Jets overpayed for Ryan Fitzpatrick but I am glad he is here.. If he doesn't produce Bowles will go to geno no doubt.. If petty was the backup Fitz would be free to stink until the jets were mathematically out of the playoffs.. Maybe that is why you want geno gone so bad.. So Fitz has all the rope in the world.. 

23 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Just curious..... Is everyone in Maine as rude and uncivil as you, or are you just that special?

44 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Everyone knew that.. Why the jets didn't need to up their offer.. Would Fitz have still accepted the untimatum if it was say- one yr at 9, 10 mil ? My guess is yes.. But mac was smart, no jet fan would be mad at the jets if he actually did turn down the deal he signed.. 

But they did up their offer.  Fitz said a month ago that he would accept a 1 year 12M deal.  That's what the Jets gave him

Archived