Official Training Camp Thread 7/28

Villain The Foe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Psyched for him..I freaking loved his college film. I hope he continues to shine.

Got to watch him play live half dozen times at Maryland .  If the kid could stay healthy I whole cholesterol filled heartedly think he could be a very good player. 

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Why would Geno EVER re-sign here?  And the Jets would never place the franchise tag on Geno so no matter what happens this year if Fitz starts the year as QB, he will, Geno is 1, and done, hopefully Fitz is 1, and done, and the Jets are in a much worse situation come January 2017 then they were yesterday afternoon. 

You honestly believe there is going to be a long line waiting to talk to geno's agent next feb ? Ha. He will be in the exact same scenario as Fitz was this yr.. Where else would he get a better offer, opportunity to start on a good team..  Atleast in 17.. I'd be surprised if hac or petty were declared starters to start camp next yr.. Mac will want a qb in camp who has actual reg season experience.. Why Mac originally wanted Fitz for more than one yr.. But they will cut ties with him after this offseason fiasco..  Geno would be cheap and knows the O.. 3way competition..geno could be enticed with the starting job and give hac extra half season to get ready if geno isn't sharp.. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You honestly believe there is going to be a long line waiting to talk to geno's agent next feb ? Ha. He will be in the exact same scenario as Fitz was this yr.. Where else would he get a better offer, opportunity to start on a good team..  Atleast in 17.. I'd be surprised if hac or petty were declared starters to start camp next yr.. Mac will want a qb in camp who has actual reg season experience.. Why Mac originally wanted Fitz for more than one yr.. But they will cut ties with him after this offseason fiasco..  Geno would be cheap and knows the O.. 3way competition..geno could be enticed with the starting job and give hac extra half season to get ready if geno isn't sharp.. 

GL with that fantasy land you live in.

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

High Road 

smart..Sorry to get testy.. My brain is wired to always be thinking ahead to the future with this team, every yr ha. 2016 Training camp just started and I'm already trying to visualize the unavoidable 2017 offseason qb circus ?.. Because googling "Ryan Fitzpatrick " every dam day for the past 5 months looking for latest update was so much fun ??

11 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Ah yes, always one of the most comical days of the year around here.  Nothing like seeing folks desperately trying to push their own agenda based on a grand total of one practice, the very first at that.  It doesn't even matter if the argument being made is in favor of a player I like / against one I dislike, it's still completely moronic.  The beat writers are clueless enough on their own, they really don't need an assist in that department.

This.  So very much this.

5 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

If there was a betting line on Breno being the starter or not on Opening Day, what would he odds be?

4 to1 I'm afraid. I'm sure we'll be giving guys plenty of chances to unseat him, but chances are they won't. We can only hope someone steps up. 

2 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

4 to1 I'm afraid. I'm sure we'll be giving guys plenty of chances to unseat him, but chances are they won't. We can only hope someone steps up. 

An off season where a team does not replace the worst starter on both O and D is an off season that is less than it could have been, at the least.  I won't say failure, but it's kind of an obvious move a team should make.  I know all of 3rd wideout (I count that a starting position), RG and TE were all underperformers, but my vote goes to RT as worst last year.

I know Ferguson's retirement made replacing LT the top need other than dealing with Wilk and Fitz's situations.  But anyone inclined otherwise to give the FO a high grade for the off season has to take it down a notch or two if Breno is still starting.

The odds are hopefully not as bad as you say, but you may be right.  Maybe Qvale can step up.

No matter how it all plays out, am very excited for the start of football.  Rocking my old Patrick Ramsey (Jets) Jersey today to the office.

Never say I don't embrace and wear my predictive/rooting failures!

But it's great that real, actual, on-field stuff will now be happening.  Soon enough, Pre-Season!

we have a good team with alot of talent, yes the schedule is harder, but we have alot of reason for optimism!  Lets win some games!

12 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Ah yes, always one of the most comical days of the year around here.  Nothing like seeing folks desperately trying to push their own agenda based on a grand total of one practice, the very first at that.  It doesn't even matter if the argument being made is in favor of a player I like / against one I dislike, it's still completely moronic.  The beat writers are clueless enough on their own, they really don't need an assist in that department.

no doubt, and I'll add the first preseason game is always near the top of silly days

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

If there was a betting line on Breno being the starter or not on Opening Day, what would he odds be?

He has zero odds unless everyone else gets hurt. Breno is getting Wally Pipped.

On July 28, 2016 at 1:19 PM, Maxman said:

@AFJF and @KRL are both at camp right now waiting for it to begin. Glenn will be live tweeting. KRL is taking notes for his camp report which will be posted later today. They will both be there the first 4 days. KRL will do the first four camp reports, Glenn is focusing on some specific positions. Just want to say thank you to both of them for going on their own time, really appreciated.

What is KRL and Afjf Twitter handle?

On July 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM, JoeC36 said:

It's not official unless it has ******

Hey kid that mojo only works in game threads. And you see how that worked out for Max when he didn't use ***** for the last game in buffalo 

22 hours ago, mkajet01 said:

I'm curious how hack & petty are looking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not very good.  Lots of balls wayyy off target and more wobblers than you'd expect from Hackenberg.

On July 28, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Colgateman said:

Bowles has shown he is one of those, " I only want players I like playing" just like when he kept on trotting Anotnio cromartie out there last season and lettign him get burnt for atleast a TD a game because he liked him

That's because he is the coach. I am sure being a DB in the NFL and moving up into the coaching ranks he probably knows more about the DB's than you do. Just my opionion.

Archived