Official Training Camp Thread 7/28

Villain The Foe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries about paying any of those bonuses according to some on here. 

Jordan Jenkins, the time when the draft when I started to be happy with our picks.  That has the potential to e a great pick.  Very glad to see the offense performing well for the most part.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I cant help but to take it one game at a time with any of our QB's. We got to make the playoffs first. 

Totally.   I just like the whole incentive of us making the Super Bowl.

Just.   Do what he did last year, without ripping his thumb off.   Throw for 4000 ish yards, 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio, and with our D we should be a good team.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

No worries about paying any of those bonuses according to some on here. 

Jordan Jenkins, the time when the draft when I started to be happy with our picks.  That has the potential to e a great pick.  Very glad to see the offense performing well for the most part.

But according to Rex's theory the Offense should be terrible because they need time to work on timing. ;)

In all seriousness, its nice to have an offense already working in strides!

Just now, chrisfaceoff said:

But according to Rex's theory the Offense should be terrible because they need time to work on timing. ;)

In all seriousness, its nice to have an offense already working in strides!

Rex would just brag all the time that 'his' defense was clobbering shottys offense.  Quality 'head coach'

Just now, chirorob said:

Totally.   I just like the whole incentive of us making the Super Bowl.

Just.   Do what he did last year, without ripping his thumb off.   Throw for 4000 ish yards, 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio, and with our D we should be a good team.

Gonna need more than what he did last year. Stats aside, we need not to be swept by the Bills or lose to the Texans. Winning just one of those three games would have put us in the dance. Fitz completed about 45% of his throws in those 3 games and threw like 7 INT's. That sh*t cant happen. 

When we look at the stats as a whole, he had a nice season, he needs some consistency though. If Fitz can do that I think we'll be fine. 

Gonna need more than what he did last year. Stats aside, we need not to be swept by the Bills or lose to the Texans. Winning just one of those three games would have put us in the dance. Fitz completed about 45% of his throws in those 3 games and threw like 7 INT's. That sh*t cant happen. 

When we look at the stats as a whole, he had a nice season, he needs some consistency though. If Fitz can do that I think we'll be fine. 

You'd expect the defense, specifically in the Texans game not let TJ Yates look like Dan Marino.

22 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Idk, Jordan was a much safer pick, he has life long Jet written all over him, and should make a few pro bowls if he plays to his potential. If Hack becomes a good QB, then this draft will be one of the best in Jets history along with '00 and 06'

Did you go to Colgate? I did. :)

I agree, if Hack is a legit starter for the Jets, I think this could be one of the best Jets drafts ever. Especially if Peake or Burris develop into a starters as well. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

This will his 12th year in the NFL he's a smart guy look for him to improve on last years stats and outcome. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

This will his 12th year in the NFL he's a smart guy look for him to improve on last years stats and outcome. 

With all knowledge that this is day one. Does anyone think Geno has a chance to outplay fitz in TC, and if he does would bowles n mac make the switch even thought they paid fitz all that money?? 

1 minute ago, jdeacon said:

With all knowledge that this is day one. Does anyone think Geno has a chance to outplay fitz in TC, and if he does would bowles n mac make the switch even thought they paid fitz all that money?? 

We shall see. 

Maybe thats the plan to punish Fitz for holding the organization hostage. LOL

lol I dont understand how the Jets cut the rookie punter and not this guy to create space for Fitz. 

i guess they're really scared about not having a blocking TE.  

i also would like to see the qbs throwing to persons other than marshall, decker and enunwa.  they really need another real threat - maybe amaro - to spread out the coverage.

Fitz throws another pick. Not sure if Connor is getting the targets mixed up (Decker/Davis) I hope so. 

Good to hear positive things regarding McDougle, he is another Idzik pick that has been pretty much written off. 

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The Bills, I put on him.  Both times.

The Texans, looked like a JJ Watt highlight real.  I don't blame any QB for that, there were plays drawn up with our awesome RT one on one with Watt.   Hell, they could have saved the money and put me on Watt, it would have worked out the same.

Archived