Official Training Camp Thread Day 2 - 07/29/16

AFJF

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Larz said:

is he practicing but doing nothing or nowhere to be found ?

gettung some reps on D but tough to say with no hitting.  I've seen him make a few good pre-snap reads, but he may have screwed up in Fitz TD to Thompkins.  Came off shaking his head and mad...a coach pulled him aside to get his head back in it.

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

gettung some reps on D but tough to say with no hitting.  I've seen him make a few good pre-snap reads, but he may have screwed up in Titz TD to Thompkins.  Came off shaking his head and mad...a coach pulled him aside to get his head back in it.

I actually enjoy screwing up the titz, lol

txs for the feedback, the tweets were awesome today

2 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Seems to me that Bowles has a lot of that Parcells hatred (for lack of a better word) for rookies.

He definitely loves his vets that's for sure. The love he showed for Pace and Cro was concerning at the least.? But I expect Darron to show up with pads on. That's what will turn heads.

14 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Seems to me that Bowles has a lot of that Parcells hatred (for lack of a better word) for rookies.

Parcells did not hate rookies, he could not trust them. Once they earned that trust it was all good. 

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He definitely loves his vets that's for sure. The love he showed for Pace and Cro was concerning at the least.? But I expect Darron to show up with pads on. That's what will turn heads.

It seems all defensive coaches want veterans especially on offense 

27 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Parcells did not hate rookies, he could not trust them. Once they earned that trust it was all good. 

Yup..agreed

but he sure did make sure to mentally skull **** the sh*t out of them to prove they could take it. Ha!

I think even if Geno played like Brady in training camp, fans would want Fitz. They would claim "the lights weren't on."

9zc8ayqD_reasonably_small.jpg Chris Nimbley‏ @Cnimbley Jalin Marshall keeps on making crazy plays. I really don't know what else to say about him at this point #nyj #Jets

If geno played like Brady we would lose draft picks for cheating.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

I'm liking the comp between Fitz and Geno. Pecking order settled or not those two are pushing themselves which is improving the QB play.

Exactly we havent had a decent QB in years my belief is Rex Ryan ruined Mark Sanchez but having 2 decent QBs is a breath of fresh air. 

13 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

I swear this guy is going to take Devin Smith's spot

I'm looking forward to see what Devin could do this year if he can stay healthy but Marshall could very well take the 3rd spot from him.  

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

I'm looking forward to see what Devin could do this year if he can stay healthy but Marshall could very well take the 3rd spot from him.  

I am not sure that Smith was ever going to be a good slot. To me he seems like more of an outside X or Z WR who could stretch the field. He would get too beat up and is too small for H or Y.

8 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

when was the last time we had a rookie wr impress in TC?

I called it back in June that The Lil' new Marshall in town was going to surprise and hopefully take the #3 WR role in terms of STAT Production, not snap counts. 

To answer your question, the last time a rookie WR impressed this early and got raves from the predatory NY Media was back in 2004 when a young #89 was KILLING it, but  stupid HC Herm Edwards had no balls (and couldn't remember the name Jericho Cotchery so he kept referring to him as #89 making plays). 

Before that, probably Laverneus Coles from the 2000 draft. 

12 hours ago, The Walrus said:

I'm liking the comp between Fitz and Geno. Pecking order settled or not those two are pushing themselves which is improving the QB play.

If this fresh bruise on Geno's ego doesn't wake him up its fair at this point to imagine nothing will.  Welcome to the board.. Coo Coo Ca Choo. 

8 hours ago, RSJ said:

I am not sure that Smith was ever going to be a good slot. To me he seems like more of an outside X or Z WR who could stretch the field. He would get too beat up and is too small for H or Y.

Smith to me is a Mike Wallace type. I'm not a fan of guys like this ever being a #1 or #2. I look at them as part time field stretchers that can do major damage to a tired defense.

8 hours ago, RSJ said:

Believe last season Chan had Decker playing out of the slot often for favorable match ups ... Despite being far & away WR2 ... Would expect a lot of the same this year with Smith , or Q, or Marshall Jr. Lining up on the outside despite being WR3

11 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude already sounding like a potential ROTY candidate. 

If he could take the 4th WR spot we just might have a guy that could be a very dangerous open field player. WRs that are returners are scary as sh*t when they get the ball in space. Man, I love the potential of this offense! Chan can go BIGS, Marshall, Decker, Ununwa, Amaro or Sudfeld. He could go 5 WR, he could go to power running game with Khiry. He could even go 2 RBs with Powell and motion Forte into the slot. I don't know how good of a blocker Khiry is but both Forte & Powell are interchangeable & both are excellent blockers. This with the fact that Fitz knows how to get the ball out fast will really help this Oline out.

9 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Wouldn't Q be the 3rd WR currently?

jalin fits perfectly with the other wrs b/c he brings a different skill set.  with him and amaro they would have a bunch of weapons and size too.  i like that fitz and geno are already realizing the 'other' marshall is a player.  now teams can't double brandon or decker.  

Marshall wouldn't take Smith's spot, as Marshall is a slot guy, and Smith is an outside burner. If Marshall can actually be our slot guy, it just makes our offense more dynamic.

I think Smith is very talented and unlucky with his punctured lung and torn acl last year. I ate crow after calling calvin pryor a lost cause after his rookie season, so I hold out hope that Smith can heal and learn the offense nuances in the interim, and become a real contributor by end of the season or in 2017.

Archived