Geno is 'pissed off'

CanadaSteve

Geno should be mad, should be disappointed and should bear down and work hard.

its a long season and one that has a brutal start to it as of today.  It's not inconceivable that Geno will be called on sometime this season.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Still didn't deal with my point. He did not lose his job on the field.  So regardless of having 29 starts he lost his job because he was sucker punched by a teammate.  Not because of anything he did or didn't do on the field.

lmao! sucker punched? lmfao.

nothing to see here. Guy is competing and wants a shot. I hope he keeps practicing and preparing with the same vigour -- cause there's a good chance we may need him this year. 

I think he'll be ready when/if the time comes.

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

lmao! sucker punched? lmfao.

The sucker punch is such an under rated action. We should support the sucker punch in any way we can. I wonder If sucker punches have a cumulative effect ? If someone else gets smashed this year maybe rather than winning 10 games we go undefeated and win a SB.

I'm sure poor little Geno was standing at his locker reflecting on his practice like a good little solider singing Kum Ba Yah with the teammates that love him so much when out of the clear blue in the dark of night a monster came up and bashed his ******* face in with no warning. Poor Geno he's such a misunderstood fella.

11 minutes ago, ylekram said:

the pro-geno exaggerations hits an all time high. you want to whine about poor geno, fine. you want to make excuses. fine.lets not exaggerate

Where did you read this here?  Because you don't believe walking up to someone, arguing and cold cocking them isn't being sucker punched?  Funny how when it's someone you don't like the definitions change.

And the accusations. 

50 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Up until the day before he signed there was significant speculation that Mo would not sign the franchise tag.  So no, it was not a given that he would  be here anyway.

And Fitz was the unsigned starter.  The head coach said as much.  How did anyone lose their job when he signed?

When was the last time a franchised player didn't sign their contract and sat out an entire season?  Wilkerson is and always was going to be a Jet this season.

Fitzpatrick's presence on this team was much more questionable.  If reports are to be trusted, the Jets set a deadline and Fitzpatrick showed up to sign the offer on the table at the last minute.

It's really quite simple.  The job was Geno's until the day Fitzpatrick was signed.  He worked hard all offseason, did everything he could to impress the coaching staff and his teammates, then got usurped the day before camp by a guy who has been MIA all year.  If he didn't get a little pissed off, I would have to question his competitive nature and drive to be a professional football player.  It's human nature.

In any case, I'm done talking about the feelings of the backup quarterback, which in my opinion are completely understandable and expected.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where did you read this here?  Because you don't believe walking up to someone, arguing and cold cocking them isn't being sucker punched?  Funny how when it's someone you don't like the definitions change.

And the accusations. 

never said I don't like geno. I just think he isn't a good qb and I think fitz is a better qb. and how soon we forget about what happened last year. in no way, shape, or form did geno get "sucker punched". by the way, geno was the one who got in ik's face. get your facts straight.

23 minutes ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Wtf are you on about? People be saying the most.

wtf I am on about is the exaggerations coming out of the pro-geno crowd, that's wtf I am on about. an yes, people be saying the most exaggerated things

14 minutes ago, ylekram said:

never said I don't like geno. I just think he isn't a good qb and I think fitz is a better qb. and how soon we forget about what happened last year. in no way, shape, or form did geno get "sucker punched". by the way, geno was the one who got in ik's face. get your facts straight.

Exactly you don't like him as a QB.  I wasn't guessing that we were talking. Out anything other than his play.  

He was sucker punched in every way you define a sucker punch.  Bowles said he was, he description is he was.  Who gives a shlt anyway?  How do you feel better about splitting hairs?  How does it change the fact that he lost his job due to being physically unable to play?  So how is it am excuse?  And how does repeating what was reported everywhere make you pro anyone?  Why is it two who hate Geno want to tell all that what was reported didn't happen, what they want in order to lessen the crime is fact instead. 

Now find a single report that says, factually at Geno got in anyone's face.  You're the one making excuses, doing the nonsense dance where you try to justify what happened.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly you don't like him as a QB.  I wasn't guessing that we were talking. Out anything other than his play.  

He was sucker punched in every way you define a sucker punch.  Bowles said he was, he description is he was.  Who gives a shlt anyway?  How do you feel better about splitting hairs?  How does it change the fact that he lost his job due to being physically unable to play?  So how is it am excuse?  

Now find a single report that says, factually at Geno got in anyone's face.  You're the one making excuses, doing the nonsense dance where you try to justify what happened.

jetnut, you are so full of sh*t. you don't know what the phrase "sucker punch" means. the reason it means anything, is it is just another attempt to exaggerate what happened to poor geno.. it was said that ik told geno to "say it to his face". geno got up and got in ik's face. don't act like you don't know this. I know you like to argue, but stop with the playing dumb routine.

I don't like geno as a starting qb until he proves that he is. stop making the bullsh*t claim that I am trying to justify any bad break geno has caught because I don't like the guy

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Raise your hand if you think Geno will be offered any opportunity whatsoever to "compete" for the starting job this pre-season

tie goes to fitz, but if geno shines and fitz struggles he will have a short leash.  These things tend to sort themselves out.  if geno deserves a shot he will get it one way or another

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

tie goes to fitz, but if geno shines and fitz struggles he will have a short leash.  These things tend to sort themselves out.  if geno deserves a shot he will get it one way or another

Fitz has no leash. He's a free range beard.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Geno needs to keep working hard, have a great camp and be happy he is the back up during the brutal beginning to this schedule. It the Jets are 4 and 2 they are going to the playoffs. If they are 1 and 5, Geno will get a shot this year.

Have to admit I'm at a loss over this ongoing "Geno will play" idea.

What on earth has this organization done to make someone think they want to or are willing to "Give Geno a shot?"

We signed our starting QB, for better or worse, and outside of a season ending injury, he's going to be the #1 QB through till Week 16.

It would have to be a horrible abortion-level of play by Fitz to warrant/force this organization to change to another QB now.  And I doubt it'll get that bad.

If it does, frankly, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go to Petty or Hack and not Geno.

Geno's time in NY is over.  Best of luck to him in his next stop, whatever league it may be in.

19 minutes ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Do tell what these exaggerations are. Cause all everybody was talking about was how Geno had a right to be mad and we like how he's handling things. But then the Geno haters come in the the bulls*!t

just off the top of my head

"homie was throwing to jeff Cumberland and greg salas" - yea, that's all he had for 2 years

" the majority of the people on this board are not open minded when it comes to geno" - start of a clueless rant

"poor geno was sucker punched" - trying to take away any liability from geno

there are more. not just in this thread. in any and every geno thread

like I said, you want to cry that geno is not the starter. fine. keep the exaggeration to a minimal

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

just off the top of my head

"homie was throwing to jeff Cumberland and greg salas" - yea, that's all he had for 2 years

" the majority of the people on this board are not open minded when it comes to geno" - start of a clueless rant

"poor geno was sucker punched" - trying to take away any liability from geno

there are more. not just in this thread. in any and every geno thread

like I said, you want to cry that geno is not the starter. fine. keep the exaggeration to a minimal

Yeah whatever. Not like the Geno haters are any better.

Just now, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Yeah whatever. Not like the Geno haters are any better.

1 minute ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

geno is pissed because he wasn't "gifted" his 4th straight starting qb gig. from here on out, he has to earn it

7 minutes ago, ylekram said:

geno is pissed because he wasn't "gifted" his 4th straight starting qb gig. from here on out, he has to earn it

Lol what? As a competitor, he has the right to be mad. He was practicing the whole summer for this and getting ready for a chance to prove himself while Fitz was playing golf. And when it seems like he will finally get another chance, Fitz is signed as the automatic starter at last minute. He never said he was pissed at anyone, it's just that who doesn't want to play out there?

Listen, whatever personal vendetta you got against him is all you, but don't go blaming him for something almost anybody would feel in their right mind.

Archived