@san Francisco-win

Miami-loss

@new England-loss

buffalo-win

10-6 folks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick glance at the schedule and I can only see 5 wins but the football bounce is unpredictable and losses turn into wins and wins in to losses. I think this could be and 8-8 season which is disappointing because no playoffs again.

I think with a better defense than last season a much more effective Fitzpatrick the addition of Forte and a healthy Amaro we should have no problem winning 11-12 games. 

We will come out of the gate on fire we will destroy Buffalo to avenge last years 2 losses 

The 2016 NY Jets are the sleeper team in the AFC 

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Quick glance at the schedule and I can only see 5 wins but the football bounce is unpredictable and losses turn into wins and wins in to losses. I think this could be and 8-8 season which is disappointing because no playoffs again.

I can respect your opinion. what are the 11 losses?

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I think with a better defense than last season a much more effective Fitzpatrick the addition of Forte and a healthy Amaro we should have no problem winning 11-12 games. 

We will come out of the gate on fire we will destroy Buffalo to avenge last years 2 losses 

The 2016 NY Jets are the sleeper team in the AFC 

Who are you and what have you done with joewilly??!!

40 minutes ago, ylekram said:

Cincinnati-win

@ buffalo-loss

@Kansas city-loss

seattle-win

@pittsburg-win

@Arizona-loss

Baltimore-win

@Cleveland-win

@Miami-win

los angeles-win

new England-win

Indianapolis-loss

@san Francisco-win

Miami-loss

@new England-loss

buffalo-win

10-6 folks

The Cincinnati Bengals in 2015 had a 12-4 record. They scored 26.2 points per game to make them the 7th ranked offense. Their defense allowed 17.4 points per game making them the second ranked defense in the league. I don't know what the Bengals Special teams were ranked last season, but I am certain they were better than the New York Jets.

Meanwhile, the Jets defense, which is what this team hangs it's hat on, was ranked 9th in the league. So needless to say even our best unit was inferior to there's.

The Cincinnati Bengals won 12 games while playing the 2nd hardest schedule based on winning percentage of their opponents. The Jets ranked 18th in schedule with their opponents combined win/loss total amounting to 125-131. The Jets managed to win 10 games against a very easy schedule. The Bengals beat 4 teams with a winning record last season, the Jets have beaten only one winning team on average over the last two seasons.

They also happened to beat the Buffalo Bills, a team we have not beaten in two seasons now.

Well, pardon me for asking, but what exactly are you looking at that makes you think the Jets will come out victorious?

It's skill and luck in close games. The teams with better records (the better teams) win the close games. And even when playing fair to mediocre find ways to win games. The other teams find ways to lose games. How many times have you watched the scoreboard hoping NEP would lose a game and final score they win in the last minute. Got you pretty mad but you have to respect them. So maybe we learned something last year and can build on it. So if we're a better team I'd say this season 10 Ws with the tiebreakers in our favor. My guess is 10-6. Last year believe me at most people predicted (and they were being optimistic after 2014) 8-8. 

As far as the season goes, The Jets have done some rather positive things recently, but nothing that is specifically going to make the Jets a better team in 2016. My prediction has been 6 wins all of the offseason, so that is what I am sticking with. I just cannot see this defense being able to compete with some of the top offenses we face this season. I also think specifically due to neglect of the OL, this offense will not be nearly as productive as they were last season.

Overall, I see a much better Special Teams unit, a defense that will not be any better than they were last season, and an offense on it's way down. That given that our lineup of our 1st 7 opponents is nothing short of murder.

So all in all, I do not see this team getting better, in fact I see the complete opposite

Cincinnati - L

Buffalo - L

Kansas City - L

Seattle - L

Pittsburgh - L

Arizona - L

Baltimore - W

Cleveland - W

Miami - W

LA - W

New England - L

Indianapolis - L

SF - W

Miami - W

NE - L

Buffalo - W

7-9 season on deck

41 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

The Cincinnati Bengals in 2015 had a 12-4 record. They scored 26.2 points per game to make them the 7th ranked offense. Their defense allowed 17.4 points per game making them the second ranked defense in the league. I don't know what the Bengals Special teams were ranked last season, but I am certain they were better than the New York Jets.

Meanwhile, the Jets defense, which is what this team hangs it's hat on, was ranked 9th in the league. So needless to say even our best unit was inferior to there's.

The Cincinnati Bengals won 12 games while playing the 2nd hardest schedule based on winning percentage of their opponents. The Jets ranked 18th in schedule with their opponents combined win/loss total amounting to 125-131. The Jets managed to win 10 games against a very easy schedule. The Bengals beat 4 teams with a winning record last season, the Jets have beaten only one winning team on average over the last two seasons.

They also happened to beat the Buffalo Bills, a team we have not beaten in two seasons now.

Well, pardon me for asking, but what exactly are you looking at that makes you think the Jets will come out victorious?

just my prediction, is all

Cincinnati-win

@ buffalo- win

@Kansas city-loss

seattle-loss

@pittsburg-loss

@Arizona-loss

Baltimore-win

@Cleveland-win

@Miami-win

los angeles-win

new England-win

Indianapolis-loss

@san Francisco-win

Miami-win

@new England-loss

buffalo-loss

9-7, nice 5 game win streak in there but we fizzle out at the end. I think those last 3 games will tell the tale of whether we make the playoffs or not. I have them sweeping Miami but I'm splitting the buffalo and NE games. 

57 minutes ago, King P said:

Cincinnati - L

Buffalo - L

Kansas City - L

Seattle - L

Pittsburgh - L

Arizona - L

Baltimore - W

Cleveland - W

Miami - W

LA - W

New England - L

Indianapolis - L

SF - W

Miami - W

NE - L

Buffalo - W

7-9 season on deck

I might be a little generous with 3 wins and 3 loses in the 1st 6 games, but there is no way the jets go 0-6 to start the season. zero chance

34 minutes ago, ylekram said:

I might be a little generous with 3 wins and 3 loses in the 1st 6 games, but there is no way the jets go 0-6 to start the season. zero chance

Outside of the Bills, the rest of those teams are just flat out better than us.

Maybe we go 1-5 to start off, 2-4 at best. No way in hell we start off 3-3 though

1 hour ago, King P said:

Cincinnati - L

Buffalo - L

Kansas City - L

Seattle - L

Pittsburgh - L

Arizona - L

Baltimore - W

Cleveland - W

Miami - W

LA - W

New England - L

Indianapolis - L

SF - W

Miami - W

NE - L

Buffalo - W

7-9 season on deck

You have us losing 6 straight to open the season? That's ridiculous. Not with this amount of talent on offense and defense. Have some faith

17 minutes ago, King P said:

Outside of the Bills, the rest of those teams are just flat out better than us.

Maybe we go 1-5 to start off, 2-4 at best. No way in hell we start off 3-3 though

Noted Nostradomus.

2 hours ago, King P said:

Cincinnati - L

Buffalo - L

Kansas City - L

Seattle - L

Pittsburgh - L

Arizona - L

Baltimore - W

Cleveland - W

Miami - W

LA - W

New England - L

Indianapolis - L

SF - W

Miami - W

NE - L

Buffalo - W

7-9 season on deck

Let me guess, after Arizona is when they switch Fitz for Geno, right?

3 hours ago, ylekram said:

Cincinnati-win

@ buffalo-loss

@Kansas city-loss

seattle-win

@pittsburg-win

@Arizona-loss

Baltimore-win

@Cleveland-win

@Miami-win

los angeles-win

new England-win

Indianapolis-loss

@san Francisco-win

Miami-loss

@new England-loss

buffalo-win

10-6 folks

Next to predicting our draft pick in 2017, slotting Ws and Ls against teams in July is the next most trivial thing. Teams get better/worse every year. IND was favoured to be in the SB in 2015 - how'd that work out? You've got teams like CLE with competent HC and lots of weapons, and others like KC who's entire offense is hovering around 30 years old...  Anything can happen. 

I'd say you could probably speculate for fun on who's got a good chance to be above or under .500... i think we definitely are looking at shooting for over .500

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Next to predicting our draft pick in 2017, slotting Ws and Ls against teams in July is the next most trivial thing. Teams get better/worse every year. IND was favoured to be in the SB in 2015 - how'd that work out? You've got teams like CLE with competent HC and lots of weapons, and others like KC who's entire offense is hovering around 30 years old...  Anything can happen. 

I'd say you could probably speculate for fun on who's got a good chance to be above or under .500... i think we definitely are looking at shooting for over .500

agreed. that why I don't know why posters make such a big deal about the strength of schedule, but it is what it is. just having fun and guessing

45 minutes ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

You have us losing 6 straight to open the season? That's ridiculous. Not with this amount of talent on offense and defense. Have some faith

Sorry, I don't operate on faith. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I can't be objective.

Buffalo is 50/50 and I believe we'll split with them. So yeah I can see 1-5. The rest of those teams are just flat out better than us. Maybe we have a good day and 1 of the other teams have a bad day (Steelers most likely culprit). But other than that, no. I definitely don't see us beating Arizona, Seattle, or Cincy

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Let me guess, after Arizona is when they switch Fitz for Geno, right?

I don't know and quite frankly I don't care. I made these predictions independent who who's under center. If we go the whole season with Fitz, this will still be the record.

I've been saying from the start that the difference between Fitz & Geno is marginal IMO. I didn't look at the schedule and say "well Fitz can beat this team, but Geno can't". Because quite frankly no such team exists IMO

2 hours ago, King P said:

Cincinnati - L

Buffalo - L

Kansas City - L

Seattle - L

Pittsburgh - L

Arizona - L

Baltimore - W

Cleveland - W

Miami - W

LA - W

New England - L

Indianapolis - L

SF - W

Miami - W

NE - L

Buffalo - W

7-9 season on deck

Waaaaaay off buddy. Cincy W, @Buffalo W, @KC W, Seattle L, @Pitts L, @Arz W, Balt W, @Cleve W, @Mia L, LA W, NE L, Ind W, @SF W, Mia W, @NE L, Buffalo W

I see another 10-6 mark but WITH a playoff spot this time around.

18 minutes ago, King P said:

Sorry, I don't operate on faith. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I can't be objective.

Buffalo is 50/50 and I believe we'll split with them. So yeah I can see 1-5. The rest of those teams are just flat out better than us. Maybe we have a good day and 1 of the other teams have a bad day (Steelers most likely culprit). But other than that, no. I definitely don't see us beating Arizona, Seattle, or Cincy

I agree with you here.  Maybe not the exact breakdown but this feels like a 7 win team. 

Like you,. I am a fan, will cheer and I couldn't be happier to be wrong....But this schedule is brutal and IMO, the Jets may have slightly above average talent with bottom five QB play.  Tough to beat good teams like that.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree with you here.  Maybe not the exact breakdown but this feels like a 7 win team. 

Like you,. I am a fan, will cheer and I couldn't be happier to be wrong....But this schedule is brutal and IMO, the Jets may have slightly above average talent with bottom five QB play.  Tough to beat good teams like that.

you really like 27 qb's better than Fitzpatrick? not for years to come, but just in 2016?

Just now, King P said:

What teams on the list do you believe we'd beat w/ Fitz but lose to against Geno?

Having Fitz at least increases our win chance against a team by 30% thus it will result in more wins. It's impossible to say which teams are "wins" or "loses" in July. Anyone who says differently is BS'ing.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes,  I would prefer just about any other starting QB in the NFL than Fitz.

I think your "bottom 5" prediction will be shattered to dust. time will tell. since his days in buffalo, I don't think Fitzpatrick hit the bottom 5

7 minutes ago, ylekram said:

I think your "bottom 5" prediction will be shattered to dust. time will tell. since his days in buffalo, I don't think Fitzpatrick hit the bottom 5

I certainly hope you're right, but I just don't think a 35 year old QB's arm is going to get stronger.  You can be a genius, have the best leadership skills, top WR's - etc...if your arm's not big enough to make NFL throws you can't compete at a high level...

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I certainly hope you're right, but I just don't think a 35 year old QB's arm is going to get stronger.  You can be a genius, have the best leadership skills, top WR's - etc...if your arm's not big enough to make NFL throws you can't compete at a high level...

33 going on 34. not 35. while not possessing a rocket for an arm(well not even close) it was adequate enough. his arm will be the same as it was last year. his arm is not going to break inside a year

Archived