KRL Camp Notes (7/30/16)

KRL

General Notes

- Due to lightning and rain the fans were sent home and the practice was moved
inside.  What was available to fans lasted 40 minutes

- Players were in full pads

- We did see the full special teams period.  Lachlan Edwards was on display for
the first time and had impressive hang times (4-5 seconds) and distance (50+ yards)
on a consistent basis

- Brant Boyer (STC) had the unit going through situational punt drills from the 1,
10, 15 and 20 yard lines.  Having them even practice when to take a safety when backed
up

- Boyer set up eight stations where there were 1 on 1 matchups.  The man on the punt 
coverage team had to block and disengage from his man and then run down and practice
his tackling skills on a "dummy"

- Finally to get "pads popping" he set up four stations where one man was trying to tag
a dummy and his opponent was trying to keep him away from it

- I believe there are fewer practices open to the public this year because they don't
have parking access like they did in the past.  The land where fans used to park is 
no longer available because it's being developed and homes are being built.  They now
have you park in the BASF parking lot about 1-2 miles away and bus you into the facility

I'll be there tomorrow hopefully there will be good weather

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

- I believe there are fewer practices open to the public this year because they don't
have parking access like they did in the past.  The land where fans used to park is 
no longer available because it's being developed and homes are being built.  They now
have you park in the BASF parking lot about 1-2 miles away and bus you into the facility

Woody needs to get it together and make the experience more accessible for the fans.

Archived