RV - Anyone here own one?

Maxman

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, faba said:

I just can not picture Max cruising down the highway in  a RV-hah

Its not just an RV. It will have ####Official JN Tailgating Vehicle#### on the side of it, which means it will be officially official. Joe will have the official tailgate, and Max will have the official fecal matter deposit box available to our new exclusive VIP JN members.

4 minutes ago, faba said:

I just can not picture Max cruising down the highway in  a RV-hah

He'll put it on cruise control and go get a drink from the fridge..B) I pm'ed Max and said to register it down here in FL we don't have no stinking inspections or Emission checks..

9 minutes ago, BP said:

Its not just an RV. It will have ####Official JN Tailgating Vehicle#### on the side of it, which means it will be officially official. Joe will have the official tailgate, and Max will have the official fecal matter deposit box available to our new exclusive VIP JN members.

No taking a leek on the wheels

Max,

This sounds awesome. I don't know you, and I've never met you, but I love this community here at Jetnation and hope to get to meet many people at tailgates and:or road trips. 

Furthermore, My sister had a long 12 year battle with cancer. During that battle, the time spent on vacations with her, and the times I took road trips with her, are forever etched in my memory among the very best memories of my life.

Her courageous battle and the determination in which she willed those vacations and road trips upon her family has served to make me ALWAYS take the time, and whatever money I had, to take those vacations and road trips with my own young family. 

May you soak in and enjoy every waking moment on those road trips, tailgates, and vacations with your courageous wife and family. 

The price of that RV is insignificant. It will carry cargo that is, and will always be, priceless. 

Regards,

Shadetree 

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Need to add one of these on the back directly below the Hurricane emblem keep it neat real and simple,good luck and many happy years of use. 

Image result for jets emblem

I have a quote from a guy that will go this graphic for that exact spot:

jn_logonew.gif

16 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Its a beautiful coach max.  Lots of fun times ahead.  Driving it will be so much fun.  Probably a 454 or a 460 had both and both are great. 

You should try hitting a good music festival as well.  Plus good campsites.  Its too good for just tailgating

Definitely plan on doing much more than tailgating in this. The Jets games are just a bonus. But I want to do a lot of camping.

16 hours ago, BP said:

LOL! He might want to hire your son as security. Duane is getting old, and well Shane is just too nice of a kid. Max needs sh*tter security!

I don't want to get accused of outsourcing jobs and have this thread turn political. But I am just buying a lock for the bathroom door. :) With a key.

14 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Max,

This sounds awesome. I don't know you, and I've never met you, but I love this community here at Jetnation and hope to get to meet many people at tailgates and:or road trips. 

Furthermore, My sister had a long 12 year battle with cancer. During that battle, the time spent on vacations with her, and the times I took road trips with her, are forever etched in my memory among the very best memories of my life.

Her courageous battle and the determination in which she willed those vacations and road trips upon her family has served to make me ALWAYS take the time, and whatever money I had, to take those vacations and road trips with my own young family. 

May you soak in and enjoy every waking moment on those road trips, tailgates, and vacations with your courageous wife and family. 

The price of that RV is insignificant. It will carry cargo that is, and will always be, priceless. 

Regards,

Shadetree 

Shadetree - I totally agree with everything you wrote, thank you. I actually read this post to Lauren. You saw it with your sister's battle and that is good that you appreciate everything that much more. It took me some time to get there but that is where I am at as well now.

Something about camping, just sitting in front of a fire with no internet \ no phone always made me happy. Something about sleeping on the ground in a tent eventually started making me unhappy.

Problem solved now. :)

I want to see a lot of places. Even just on weekend trips.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't want to get accused of outsourcing jobs and have this thread turn political. But I am just buying a lock for the bathroom door. :) With a key.

Also invest in a few of those portable potty set ups with the tent and the spackle bucket let that be for all guests and keep the RV bathroom for family when the tailgate is over just drive away and leave it in the lot or grab the tent and leave the bucket. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Also invest in a few of those portable potty set ups with the tent and the spackle bucket let that be for all guests and keep the RV bathroom for family when the tailgate is over just drive away and leave it in the lot or grab the tent and leave the bucket. 

Yeah. No.

So....I got the inspection report back. Got it early this evening. My head is spinnnnnnnnnng.

Some problems that I wasn't aware of. Some problems that I was aware of. Just frustrating that the seller didn't just take pictures of some of the problem areas.

34 page inspection report. They tested everything. Just have to digest it all and make a final decision now.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

So....I got the inspection report back. Got it early this evening. My head is spinnnnnnnnnng.

Some problems that I wasn't aware of. Some problems that I was aware of. Just frustrating that the seller didn't just take pictures of some of the problem areas.

I, for one, am shocked that the online RV market is not a more forthcoming collective. 

23 hours ago, Maxman said:

Definitely plan on doing much more than tailgating in this. The Jets games are just a bonus. But I want to do a lot of camping.

Get yourself up to the PNW. Lot of fun camping to do in RVs around Rainier National Park, Baker Park, Mt Adams...etc. And the views are second to none in the world. Was just out there climbing for a week and I'm still recovering from how stunning everything was.

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I, for one, am shocked that the online RV market is not a more forthcoming collective. 

LOL. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

Totally sucks. Got approval for the financing today at 3.5%. Then after fully digesting the inspection report, speaking to the inspector and my RV guru who read the report I have to walk away. Paid $425 for the inspection, really glad I did because it saved me a ton of money and aggravation. A few issues with this that they didn't disclose. Like the fact that it isn't registered and hasn't been driven at all this year. And some minor body damage that they didn't disclose in a few areas. And a ripped awning. Oh and the fridge didn't get to below 85%. That isn't a good temp for a fridge.

So frustrating, have to start the process over again.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Totally sucks. Got approval for the financing today at 3.5%. Then after fully digesting the inspection report, speaking to the inspector and my RV guru who read the report I have to walk away. Paid $425 for the inspection, really glad I did because it saved me a ton of money and aggravation. A few issues with this that they didn't disclose. Like the fact that it isn't registered and hasn't been driven at all this year. And some minor body damage that they didn't disclose in a few areas. And a ripped awning. Oh and the fridge didn't get to below 85%. That isn't a good temp for a fridge.

It wasn't meant to be move on and keep looking you will find that perfect RV be patient dont be foolish its a big investment make it a right one. 

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't know anything about this trailer park lifestyle you've chosen, but don't they have half-year rentals so you can dip your toe in the water before jumping in with both feet?

SAR I

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Max have you considered older models in suler clean shape? 10 grand gets a nice late 90sclass thats probably going to give you the same experience but at 1/3 the cost

Like thjs

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/rvd/5710780545.html

If it was just for tailgating I definitely would. But I have my wife pumped up about some nice trips so I have to go a step higher. We will be bringing the kids.

Hey can you shoot me an email? forums @ JetNation.com -- I want to send you the Inspection Report that I got. It is really detailed but I am curious to get your thoughts. Some people have read it and said walked away. Others were like it isn't much wrong at all. So damn confused. :)  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't know anything about this trailer park lifestyle you've chosen, but don't they have half-year rentals so you can dip your toe in the water before jumping in with both feet?

SAR I

I want to go here:  http://www.campgulf.com/

Not sure I would call it a trailer park, it costs $199 per night to park on a beach site during peak season.

Archived