RV - Anyone here own one?

Maxman

On 8/28/2016 at 2:44 AM, Maxman said:

Shadetree - I totally agree with everything you wrote, thank you. I actually read this post to Lauren. You saw it with your sister's battle and that is good that you appreciate everything that much more. It took me some time to get there but that is where I am at as well now.

Something about camping, just sitting in front of a fire with no internet \ no phone always made me happy. Something about sleeping on the ground in a tent eventually started making me unhappy.

Problem solved now. :)

I want to see a lot of places. Even just on weekend trips.

I can suggest some good spots in Maine.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Max, Was the engine, transmission, frame sound?

Why not get an estimate for repair of all defects from a qualified party. Multiply it X 2 and reduce your offer by that ammount?

It is the Ford Chassis V10. Not sure what frame sound means?

And on the repairs....currently going back and forth because everyone seems to agree they aren't a ton of money, other than the tires. But trying to figure out how worn the unit is. The inspector wrote this report that made it sound bad. Then yesterday he says it looked great. Um why didn't you put great in your report. Very frustrating process buying remote like this.

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

If it was just for tailgating I definitely would. But I have my wife pumped up about some nice trips so I have to go a step higher. We will be bringing the kids.

Hey can you shoot me an email? forums @ JetNation.com -- I want to send you the Inspection Report that I got. It is really detailed but I am curious to get your thoughts. Some people have read it and said walked away. Others were like it isn't much wrong at all. So damn confused. :)  Thanks.

ok i PM'ed you

41 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is the Ford Chassis V10. Not sure what frame sound means?

And on the repairs....currently going back and forth because everyone seems to agree they aren't a ton of money, other than the tires. But trying to figure out how worn the unit is. The inspector wrote this report that made it sound bad. Then yesterday he says it looked great. Um why didn't you put great in your report. Very frustrating process buying remote like this.

To clarify. The frame is what the whole RV is built on. 

It is also called a chassis.

It needs to be "sound" as in undamaged.

You want to know that it is not bent, not been repaired in the past and is not coroded.

Also the engine, transmission and rear gear (and to a lesser degree the cooling system, charging system)   are very expensive to replace / rebuild and when they fail leave you stuck during a trip.

A refrigerator, AC unit or sink can stop working but you will still get home easy enough.

Max saw these on Craigslist looks nice and has a Chevy power train in my opinion better and more reliable than Ford. You can view it in person and be present for the inspection. 1 is a Hurricane same model you were looking at.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/rvs/5739355752.html

http://cnj.craigslist.org/rvs/5756256068.html

A family friend recently purchased an RV at the huge place next to Cabela's in Hamburg PA every time I ride by there they have hundreds of RV's. 

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Max saw these on Craigslist looks nice and has a Chevy power train in my opinion better and more reliable than Ford. You can view it in person and be present for the inspection. 1 is a Hurricane same model you were looking at.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/rvs/5739355752.html

http://cnj.craigslist.org/rvs/5756256068.html

A family friend recently purchased an RV at the huge place next to Cabela's in Hamburg PA every time I ride by there they have hundreds of RV's. 

Good luck. 

Pretty funny on two counts:

1. The 2nd link you posted, I talked to the owner today. Very nice lady.

2. The RV dealership you posted, my In-Laws live a few miles from there. I might be headed out that way this weekend.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Wow @Maxman that thing is friggin HUGE.  Puts our Minnie Winnie to shame!  Where are you gonna keep it?

I am renting a parking spot at a business close to my house. $102 per month for parking. Wish I was a land owner. :)

On 8/30/2016 at 0:20 AM, Maxman said:

On the water? Definitely let me know. Maine would be a nice ride from NJ. Thanks.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=rv coast camping&tbs=lf_msr:-1,lf:1,lf_ui:1&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=43973026,-69671985,78603&tbm=lcl&rldimm=17850627634781702707

Not bad, got alot of options.

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Pretty funny on two counts:

1. The 2nd link you posted, I talked to the owner today. Very nice lady.

2. The RV dealership you posted, my In-Laws live a few miles from there. I might be headed out that way this weekend.

Thanks!

Ohhhh great..... That means you will be in my neighborhood this weekend. I better load up on  sausage, meatballs and orange soda.

2 hours ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Ohhhh great..... That means you will be in my neighborhood this weekend. I better load up on  sausage, meatballs and orange soda.

If you stock up the fridge with cold orange soda I am definitely stopping by. Been a stressful summer, nothing hits the spot like cold orange soda. :)

39 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If you stock up the fridge with cold orange soda I am definitely stopping by. Been a stressful summer, nothing hits the spot like cold orange soda. :)

You ever have Stewarts Orange and Cream soda? 

Orange 'n Cream

ORANGE 'N CREAM

Stewart's introduced Orange N' Cream to the super premium gourmet soda world in 1995. Many companies have tried to copy the rich orange and cream blend but nothing comes close to the original. Stewart's Orange N' Cream tastes great, is completely non-dairy and makes the best ice cream floats in the world.
  • 12oz. Bottles (24 bottles/case)
    • - Single
    • - Four-Pack
  • 12oz. Cans (24 cans/case)
  • 16oz. Barrel Bottle (24 btls/case)
  • 32oz. Bottles (12 btls/case)

47 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am working Saturday til 5 other than that I will be home all weekend. You let me know you're coming and I will have cold orange soda plus you can see the new pool!

You better keep it on the DL though, some people in this area might get twisted out of shape if they knew you stopped by. LOL

3 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

You ever have Stewarts Orange and Cream soda? 

Orange 'n Cream

ORANGE 'N CREAM

Stewart's introduced Orange N' Cream to the super premium gourmet soda world in 1995. Many companies have tried to copy the rich orange and cream blend but nothing comes close to the original. Stewart's Orange N' Cream tastes great, is completely non-dairy and makes the best ice cream floats in the world.
  • 12oz. Bottles (24 bottles/case)
    • - Single
    • - Four-Pack
  • 12oz. Cans (24 cans/case)
  • 16oz. Barrel Bottle (24 btls/case)
  • 32oz. Bottles (12 btls/case)

Very good stuff

8 hours ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I am working Saturday til 5 other than that I will be home all weekend. You let me know you're coming and I will have cold orange soda plus you can see the new pool!

You better keep it on the DL though, some people in this area might get twisted out of shape if they knew you stopped by. LOL

No Pa this weekend. I am pretty much on an RV reality show with lots of twists and turns. Got some more photos of the one I was going to buy and have been advised to keep looking.

Found a really interesting one in South Jersey. Going to see it tomorrow night. Exact floor plan my wife likes. Seems like it is in really good shape. 35 feet though, bigger than I wanted but let's see if I can get this one done in time for opening day!

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No Pa this weekend. I am pretty much on an RV reality show with lots of twists and turns. Got some more photos of the one I was going to buy and have been advised to keep looking.

Found a really interesting one in South Jersey. Going to see it tomorrow night. Exact floor plan my wife likes. Seems like it is in really good shape. 35 feet though, bigger than I wanted but let's see if I can get this one done in time for opening day!

Good luck! Is it the Hurricane model from the link I sent you from Craigslist hopefully my finders fee will be a JetNation t-shirt or decal. :D

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Good luck! Is it the Hurricane model from the link I sent you from Craigslist hopefully my finders fee will be a JetNation t-shirt or decal. :D

No it isn't that one. Ironically I spoke to the owner of that RV yesterday before I saw your link. That one is out of my price range but it is a really nice model.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

No it isn't that one. Ironically I spoke to the owner of that RV yesterday before I saw your link. That one is out of my price range but it is a really nice model.

Make an offer you never know people need money and don't need or want a huge RV parked in their driveway especially if they aren't using it. 

Craigslist story a friend looking for a Harley Davidson sees a newer model out of his price range but wants to see the bike anyway calls the owner they meet he brings cash offers the guy $4000 less than the asking price shows the guy the cash gets the bike guy had the title and needed cash. 

Cash is king!

21 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

https://www.sunrvresorts.com/Community/wwh

I wouldnt suggest OOB, go further east. BUT hey..............

Come take a dip in our beautiful swimming pool, or play some billiards in our spacious clubhouse. Pet owners appreciate our fenced-in, 3,000 square-foot dog run, while all our guests enjoy our horseshoe pits. Our vibrant community’s social calendar is packed with bingo, potlucks, holiday barbeques and pancake breakfasts.

SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 8/4/2016 at 9:57 AM, nj meadowlands said:

For roughly the past 20 years my dad, brothers and I have taken a 1987 "Minnie Winnie" to every Jet home game, and many other locations (Heinz Field, Gillette several times, Buffalo several times, etc etc).  We don't really know tailgating any other way. 

Actually just last week we dropped it off with an RV guy in Hackensack who is re-doing all of our upholstery, carpets, and ceiling so we are righty-tighty for the season.

Totally recommend getting one, if you have a place to keep it of course.

It looks like this (though this is not ours):

maxresdefault.jpg

113ea134c51c3825e2b33539cc9d091d.jpg

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

Come take a dip in our beautiful swimming pool, or play some billiards in our spacious clubhouse. Pet owners appreciate our fenced-in, 3,000 square-foot dog run, while all our guests enjoy our horseshoe pits. Our vibrant community’s social calendar is packed with bingo, potlucks, holiday barbeques and pancake breakfasts.

SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL With real Maine maple syrup too I bet.

On 8/31/2016 at 10:22 PM, Maxman said:

Any updates? I need a place to tailgate next week!

Archived