Hmmm Da Bills

Charlie Brown

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I actually thought about this the other day and while I don't write "click bait" headlines, I've definitely been a bit harder on Geno than I needed to be but I think it's similar to how I reacted with the Rex stuff.  

Rex won 4 playoff games and gave me some of the most enjoyable moments I've had as a fan.  He's far from perfect, but with what he was able to do, it bothered me that Jets fans were trying to give credit to Pettine for their success and saying Rex "knew nothing about football".  It was so absurd IMO that I probably "over-corrected" and spoke more highly of him that I actually believed.

Same with Geno/Fitz.  Geno has been very bad, but he's had bad circumstances.  However, when people start saying Fitz had nothing to do with their success last season and all he had to do was chuck the ball up in the air and let somebody make a play, I reacted.  A QB still has to read a defense, avoid a rush, keep his eyes down the field, and put the ball in a spot where it can be caught before being sacked.  Fitz did that very often and I felt he deserved a lot of credit for what he did.

Some of it was a little bit of off-season ball-busting, but I think we're all guilty of that from time to time.

Exactly, like I said I was a lot more salty 2 weeks ago about the situation then I am now, and came off exactly as you stated, but the opposite.  At the end of the day Fitz gives the Jets the best chance to win right now, Geno needed to go out, and basically show he was the man, and command the respect of the coaches, and players, and he did not do that so I do get that Fitz is the best man for the job this year.  And everything you said about Fitz reading the blitz, and getting balls out quick avoiding sacks is 100% accurate.  At the end of the day with the Jets looking like they will be a poor running team with that OL, Fitz is going to have to win more games by himself this year then he had to last year, and I hope for hell I am completely wrong on what the final outcome will be with him this season.

All good, keep up the great work for JetNation!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Exactly, like I said I was a lot more salty 2 weeks ago about the situation then I am now, and came off exactly as you stated, but the opposite.  At the end of the day Fitz gives the Jets the best chance to win right now, Geno needed to go out, and basically show he was the man, and command the respect of the coaches, and players, and he did not do that so I do get that Fitz is the best man for the job this year.  And everything you said about Fitz reading the blitz, and getting balls out quick avoiding sacks is 100% accurate.  At the end of the day with the Jets looking like they will be a poor running team with that OL, Fitz is going to have to win more games by himself this year then he had to last year, and I hope for hell I am completely wrong on what the final outcome will be with him this season.

All good, keep up the great work for JetNation!

:thumbup:

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Dak Prescott looking awesome for Dallas.  8-9, 122 yds, 2 TDs

We probably need a thread for non-Jet promising rookie chatter. Personally, Dak was one of very few QB in this class I hoped we'd draft late. I don't pretend to know college scouting, so more of a hunch... I think I mocked him to us  a few times when posting about fixing holes via draft.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

We probably need a thread for non-Jet promising rookie chatter. Personally, Dak was one of very few QB in this class I hoped we'd draft late. I don't pretend to know college scouting, so more of a hunch... I think I mocked him to us  a few times when posting about fixing holes via draft.

Yeah I actually started a thread about him, and hoping the Jets would draft him in the 3rd round not knowing about the DUI thing in the draft forum, everyone basically said he just got a DUI not happening, this was back in March probably, or whatever.  The guy must have interviewed well to not drop further then he did after getting a DUI.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Funny Dak was also found Not Guilty on his supposed DUI.

Screw the bills. We are focused on beating them not admiring them.(no disrespect to the OP) Yes, like or not, they have a solid squad...but so do we. I think we got their asses 2-0 this season..call me out on it if I'm wrong but i have a gut feeling this team gets back to 10 wins. Tyrod got his deal now but staying healthy is growing to be an issue with him. McCoy won't be the same back forever and Rex is too hard headed to adjust to players strengths so instead he forced a scheme on the D and tells them to run with it.. Is it effective sometimes? Sure, but it's also inconsistent as hell just as the 2011-14 Jets Defense. That's the two important leg ups we have on the Bills. An adaptable staff that can keep the Defense  disciplined and consistent. We won't be perfect but we will always be more consistent in my eyes. That's my reasoning for a 2-0 prediction.

when Irsay is the voice of reason......

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Rex Ryan took exception to Colts owner Jim Irsay's suggestion that the reason Indianapolis sat Andrew Luck was that the Buffalo Bills coach doesn't let up in the preseason.

"Take a look at the tapes, and see how many times we blitzed," Ryan said before pausing to collect his thoughts.

"I can tell you one thing, [Colts coach] Chuck Pagano's a good friend of mine, a legitimate, good friend of mine. I have way more respect for him than I do others."

Ryan's comment was clearly directed at Irsay following Buffalo's preseason-opening 19-18 loss to the Colts on Saturday night.

Two hours before the game, Irsay announced on his Twitter account that the Colts would wait until next week at home for Luck to make his first preseason start.

Irsay followed with a second tweet:

Pagano said it was his decision to sit Luck against Buffalo. Pagano didn't waver when reminded that he was prepared to have Luck play a week earlier against Green Bay in the Hall of Fame game, before it was canceled because of an unplayable field.

"It's one of the benefits that you get when you're the head coach," Pagano said with a smile. "You get to decide who plays and who doesn't play."

Without Luck, backups Scott Tolzien and Stephen Morris teamed up to pull off a

15 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Geno was an idiot, but IK deserves nothing less.  He ruined a guys season over 600 dollars.  Using your fists to settle a dispute with a teammate renders you a thug.  Not to mention his history of throwing punches at people.  Good riddance.

I don't think it was just the money  Geno never even called to say he couldn't make it so IK had lots of disappointed kids at his camp.. He felt disrespected and when Geno gave him lip in the locker room that was it.. He shouldn't have hit him but Geno should have known better..

I hope they do look good. I hope they do well this year so they can come up short and then get excited and give Rex an extension. Then I can watch and cackle as he crushes their dreams over the following years.

To be clear I harbor no ill will towards Bills fans, in fact I find them quite entertaining. I'm just anti-happiness for really everyone else in general.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

when Irsay is the voice of reason......

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Rex Ryan took exception to Colts owner Jim Irsay's suggestion that the reason Indianapolis sat Andrew Luck was that the Buffalo Bills coach doesn't let up in the preseason.

"Take a look at the tapes, and see how many times we blitzed," Ryan said before pausing to collect his thoughts.

"I can tell you one thing, [Colts coach] Chuck Pagano's a good friend of mine, a legitimate, good friend of mine. I have way more respect for him than I do others."

Ryan's comment was clearly directed at Irsay following Buffalo's preseason-opening 19-18 loss to the Colts on Saturday night.

Two hours before the game, Irsay announced on his Twitter account that the Colts would wait until next week at home for Luck to make his first preseason start.

Irsay followed with a second tweet:

Pagano said it was his decision to sit Luck against Buffalo. Pagano didn't waver when reminded that he was prepared to have Luck play a week earlier against Green Bay in the Hall of Fame game, before it was canceled because of an unplayable field.

"It's one of the benefits that you get when you're the head coach," Pagano said with a smile. "You get to decide who plays and who doesn't play."

Without Luck, backups Scott Tolzien and Stephen Morris teamed up to pull off a

Colts make a good decision here, and troll Rex in the process.

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

I don't think it was just the money  Geno never even called to say he couldn't make it so IK had lots of disappointed kids at his camp.. He felt disrespected and when Geno gave him lip in the locker room that was it.. He shouldn't have hit him but Geno should have known better..

When you dare someone to do something about it, then they do, you aren't allowed to be the victim. You're an idiot for taunting. The other guy is an idiot for swinging.

16 hours ago, AFJF said:

I remembered reading that the Jets sent 4 coaches to Cook's pro day.  Then I went back and watched 3 of his games in full and came away very impressed.  People talked about his low completion percentage and I know every team drops passes, but his cast was terrible.  I counted 17 drops in the first TWO games.  He also played very well against some big-time competition.  I could see the Radiers trotting him out there in hopes he plays well enough that they can get some picks for him down the road.

Every time i saw Cook play he would absolutely butcher a few short crossing patterns

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When you dare someone to do something about it, then they do, you aren't allowed to be the victim. You're an idiot for taunting. The other guy is an idiot for swinging.

Yep, same thing happened with Marshall and Revis last week.

Marshall said Revis had slapped him in the face during a play, and when Marshall confronted him on it, Revis said, "go ahead and slap me"

Marshall obliged.  Of course that was on the field, and no one was hurt, but could you imagine if Marshall re-inured  Revis wrist?

Would ever one want Marshall cut? 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I hope they do look good. I hope they do well this year so they can come up short and then get excited and give Rex an extension. Then I can watch and cackle as he crushes their dreams over the following years.

To be clear I harbor no ill will towards Bills fans, in fact I find them quite entertaining. I'm just anti-happiness for really everyone else in general.

Beginning of the offseason Owner said this was a playoff birth or fired type of season for Rex. Funny how the media isn't over using the "hot seat" story like they did with us.

18 hours ago, AFJF said:

I agree with Bowles and Revis on the incident.  Both equally at fault.  Entire thing is avoided if Geno just pays the guy his money instead of getting in his face and telling him he won't "do anything".

When one man breaks anothers jaw with s sucker punch the fault isnt equal.

The argument is another story. But the fact that Ik is still in the league shows what a buffoon Rex is.

Buffalo is the last stop for both clowns.

18 hours ago, cant wait said:

The only other quotes I read were metha's "sources" which I immediately disregarded but who knows. It's hard to believe it's been a year, it feels like this dark cloud has been hanging over this team for ages. really looking forward to turning the page and moving on from all of this nonsense

I've never seen a direct quote from Bowles or Revis that claims Geno was equally at fault.  I heard it could have been avoided, I've heard Bowles say that under no circumstances is it right to punch another man in the face so wondering when and where this fantasy quote originated.  

Because owing someone a few bucks isn't the same as assaulting and injuring someone.  To try and make the case that it's he same is stupid.

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The argument is another story. But the fact that Ik is still in the league shows what a buffoon Rex is.

Agree both will soon be out of the NFL 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Nonsense.  You have no idea that he dared him to do it and you don't ever get the right to assault someone.  

No matter how much you hate Geno, you don't hit people over this stupid shlt.  Too many people think they're allowed to justify illegal activity. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Nonsense.  You have no idea that he dared him to do it and you don't ever get the right to assault someone.  

No matter how much you hate Geno, you don't hit people over this stupid shlt.  Too many people think they're allowed to justify illegal activity. 

I tell you, cant trust the media bro. No one know's exactly how the situation led up to that day except them, yet everyone else has an opinion on it. Not only have I shown how I caught a reporter basically lying in order to fabricate a story just to take shots at Geno because it's good for "traffic", but this is the same media that decided to have a "1 year anniversary" of this nonsense. What self respecting journalist/reporter even does that? Yet, it fits the narrative given that it generates clicks and traffic. 

This is how far its gotten. This guy summed it up quite nicely. 

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I tell you, cant trust the media bro. No one know's exactly how the situation led up to that day except them, yet everyone else has an opinion on it. Not only have I shown how I caught a reporter basically lying in order to fabricate a story just to take shots at Geno because it's good for "traffic", but this is the same media that decided to have a "1 year anniversary" of this nonsense. What self respecting journalist/reporter even does that? Yet, it fits the narrative given that it generates clicks and traffic. 

This is how far its gotten. This guy summed it up quite nicely. 

didn't you hear about the soap opera ?  the jets actually have competition for the 2nd string job, its a soap opera !

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I wasn't there so I don't know that it was a sucker punch.

Thats why I defer to Bowles and Revis.

Both at fault.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Both at fault.

I think what Max is saying is that there's a difference with both parties being at fault on the disagreement and one of the two taking it way further than what was needed. Revis and and Bowles saying that both was at fault is based on the situation that led up to the outcome in which that was totally IK's fault. 

The fact that Bowles immediately released IK yet kept Geno kinda proves where the difference was. 

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You know its a soap opera when beat writers completely disregard what the coach said in order to create a hashtag! lol.

somewhere there is a 5 paragraph post about a broncos beat writer talking about a single practice where lynch anticipated the break of a WR (!) and lead his team on a drive (in practice vs the 3's) to the 34 yard line for a FG attempt

what do we get ?

"another high throw by hack"

they are the worst

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Both at fault.

Funny, Bowles words were under no circumstances is it ok to punch a man in the face.  

But you defer

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You know its a soap opera when beat writers completely disregard what the coach said in order to create a hashtag! lol.

The fact that Hack is not getting reps, Petty is getting reps before Geno with 2nd team today tells me that the coaching staff wants Petty to win the job, and will give him every chance to do it, and it might just end being a case where Bowles declares Petty the winner because that is the way he wants it to end, IMO Bowles wants nothing to do with Geno Smith, and for the first time I actually think Geno is in danger of being cut, they were ok with Petty as backup QB last year till Geno got healthy, I don't see why that would change this year if Bowles wants to believe Petty is the better QB whether it is true, or not.  Also this is really messing with Hackenberg development, I don't get how a 2nd rd QB can't get reps in a preseason game, or even practice, one who is supposed to be your future QB possibly as soon as next season yet I have seen about 10 other QB's drafted in rounds 3-7 get plenty of preseason game 1 reps.

I also think there is a chance Geno gets moved, cut after preseason game 3 (unjustly, and not for the better of the team IMO) giving Petty the 1st quarter of the Eagles game, and Hack the final 3 quarters.  Something has to give in Christians development for the better, he NEEDS to face live bullets even against guys who will be selling insurance next month.

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Both at fault.

LOL, ok  Two guys in a work environment, one guy gets his jaw broken. The other guy stopped using his words and made it physical.

I don't care what happened they are not equally to blame here. The bitch had it coming defense really doesn't apply here, or anywhere.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny, Bowles words were under no circumstances is it ok to punch a man in the face.  

But you defer

Bowles cut one player immediately and kept the other on the team. But I wasn't there, so I rally don't know what Bowles feels haha.

Archived