Hmmm Da Bills

Charlie Brown

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The fact that Hack is not getting reps, Petty is getting reps before Geno with 2nd team today tells me that the coaching staff wants Petty to win the job, and will give him every chance to do it, and it might just end being a case where Bowles declares Petty the winner because that is the way he wants it to end, IMO Bowles wants nothing to do with Geno Smith, and for the first time I actually think Geno is in danger of being cut, they were ok with Petty as backup QB last year till Geno got healthy, I don't see why that would change this year if Bowles wants to believe Petty is the better QB whether it is true, or not.  Also this is really messing with Hackenberg development, I don't get how a 2nd rd QB can't get reps in a preseason game, or even practice, one who is supposed to be your future QB possibly as soon as next season yet I have seen about 10 other QB's drafted in rounds 3-7 get plenty of preseason game 1 reps.

Everything the coaching staff for some reason says that. 

Question, Freddie Bishop started over Lorenzo Mauldin today to start drills. Does that mean that the coaching staff wants Freddie Bishop to with the job over Mauldin? 

They're evaluating talent, they're not playing favorites. They dont have to because its the coaching staff. If Bowles decided that he wanted to make Petty the #2 QB right now who's there to stop him? He's the darn HC of the team. 

You said "IMO Bowles wants nothing to do with Geno Smith". You know what that is? Exactly what you called it, your opinion. Because that's your opinion then anything Bowles does will be looked at through that lens. You dont know what Bowles feels or thinks my friend, and neither do I. The only thing that we know from a general standpoint is that Bowles is going to put together the best team possible, and if that doesnt include Geno Smith, then it wont. But I guarantee you that it will be based on talent and not favoritism. Nothing Bowles has ever said has given anyone the indication that Geno Smith is a detriment to the team. 

This is all hypotheticals based on your opinion, and I respect it as that. 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny, Bowles words were under no circumstances is it ok to punch a man in the face.  

But you defer

I'm done with the "Geno is never to blame for anything" conversations.  I'm ready to watch football.

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

somewhere there is a 5 paragraph post about a broncos beat writer talking about a single practice where lynch anticipated the break of a WR (!) and lead his team on a drive (in practice vs the 3's) to the 34 yard line for a FG attempt

what do we get ?

"another high throw by hack"

they are the worst

Twitter fingers. Im starting to think that the NY sports media scene is a notorious one given their lack of actual journalism and their fervor for anything negative. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Everything the coaching staff for some reason says that. 

Question, Freddie Bishop started over Lorenzo Mauldin today to start drills. Does that mean that the coaching staff wants Freddie Bishop to with the job over Mauldin? 

They're evaluating talent, they're not playing favorites. They dont have to because its the coaching staff. If Bowles decided that he wanted to make Petty the #2 QB right now who's there to stop him? He's the darn HC of the team. 

You said "IMO Bowles wants nothing to do with Geno Smith". You know what that is? Exactly what you called it, your opinion. Because that's your opinion then anything Bowles does will be looked at through that lens. You dont know what Bowles feels or thinks my friend, and neither do I. The only thing that we know from a general standpoint is that Bowles is going to put together the best team possible, and if that doesnt include Geno Smith, then it wont. But I guarantee you that it will be based on talent and not favoritism. Nothing Bowles has ever said has given anyone the indication that Geno Smith is a detriment to the team. 

This is all hypotheticals based on your opinion, and I respect it as that. 

I passed it along as IMO, by stating that I admitted that it holds no water for an argument, I am just looking at things I see, and forming what I said my opinion, and this is a forum nothing more, and it gives me a place to state my opinion.

I also said I don't think this should be the outcome, I think Geno should be handed the backup job everything he has done this offseason, and TC media aside makes think he deserves the chance, but like I said IMO from what I am seeing the Jets don't think this.  I wouldn't think this if the Hackenberg pick happened, but like I stated IMO something has to give here to get Christian some live bullet experience, and as long as both Geno, and Petty are auditioning this won't happen.

Just now, AFJF said:

I'm done with the "Geno is never to blame for anything" conversations.  I'm ready to watch football.

Well if this is what you get from me asking for a quote from the HC that says Geno is equally at fault, the story you're peddling, no wonder.  Bowles never said they're equally at fault.  That what Geno did was the same as punching someone in the face, on the same level.  

I passed it along as IMO, by stating that I admitted that it holds no water for an argument, I am just looking at things I see, and forming what I said my opinion, and this is a forum nothing more, and it gives me a place to state my opinion.

I also said I don't think this should be the outcome, I think Geno should be handed the backup job everything he has done this offseason, and TC media aside makes think he deserves the chance, but like I said IMO from what I am seeing the Jets don't think this.  I wouldn't think this if the Hackenberg pick happened, but like I stated IMO something has to give here to get Christian some live bullet experience, and as long as both Geno, and Petty are auditioning this won't happen.

I just read somewhere else that you did a complete 180 on your "zero percent" believe that Geno would be cut. Sounds to me that you believe Geno will be out the door any moment now. Petty had a good game 1. He deserves some time with the 2's based on that fact, not based on some coaching staff conspiracy is all im saying brother. 

Generally speaking. I honestly dont know what Geno Smith has done to deserve this treatment. Birth maybe? lol. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Well if this is what you get from me asking for a quote from the HC that says Geno is equally at fault, the story you're peddling, no wonder.  Bowles never said they're equally at fault.  That what Geno did was the same as punching someone in the face, on the same level.  

Here...but I know...Geno is 100% absolved and innocent....FREE GENO!!!!

Bowles called the Tuesday morning situation/altercation "childish" and "stupid," but added, "I didn't say [Smith] was innocent. It was tit for tat, he said/she said, high school stuff that they could have handled better than they handled it." 

I just read somewhere else that you did a complete 180 on your "zero percent" believe that Geno would be cut. Sounds to me that you believe Geno will be out the door any moment now. Petty had a good game 1. He deserves some time with the 2's based on that fact, not based on some coaching staff conspiracy is all im saying brother. 

Generally speaking. I honestly dont know what Geno Smith has done to deserve this treatment. Birth maybe? lol. 

I honestly don't know what Geno has done to get the full on treatment he is getting either, but I am not in the room everyday with the players, and coaches.

Like I stated I want Geno to be given a FAIR shake, and I don't think that he is going to get that anymore that is all.

We are on the same page as far as Geno, I just think that the team just wants to end the relationship before the season starts now for some reason, again it is my opinion, and hopefully it is completely wrong.

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno haters taking it  to the next level 

Just now, AFJF said:

Bowles called the Tuesday morning situation/altercation "childish" and "stupid," but added, "I didn't say [Smith] was innocent. It was tit for tat, he said/she said, high school stuff that they could have handled better than they handled it." 

lol. There really is no grey area with you. 

For what its worth, Bowles did say "he said/she said". sh*t went south when IK stopped talking and starting punching. If Bowles thought that the fault was equal then Geno would have been out the door along with IK. 

No worries, I've heard it "a million times" during the offseason that Geno deserved it...because by making the situation "equal" it then allows for people to say that he deserved it. In the scheme of things, thats really what fans want to do in order not to look cruel while doing it....because you know, "he deserved it, Bowles and Revis said so"! 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

For what its worth, Bowles did say "he said/she said". sh*t went south when IK stopped talking and starting punching. If Bowles thought that the fault was equal then Geno would have been out the door along with IK. 

No worries, I've heard it "a million times" during the offseason that Geno deserved it...because by making the situation "equal" it then allows for people to say that he deserved it. In the scheme of things, thats really what fans want to do in order not to look cruel while doing it....because you know, "he deserved it, Bowles and Revis said so"! 

You've got your opinion, I've got my opinion.  

I'm just happy Bowles was willing to hold Geno accountable and does not believe that everything bad that happens to Geno, has nothing to do with Geno.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm just happy Bowles was willing to hold Geno accountable and does not believe that everything bad that happens to Geno, has nothing to do with Geno.

If Bowles held Geno responsible for the altercation Geno would have been cut like IK. 

Just now, AFJF said:

I agree, and Im happy that bowles knows the difference between being at fault for not handling a disagreement correctly and when to immediately show a player the door when they go beyond simply mishandling a disagreement. 

Oh, and Revis needs to keep his hands to himself too before Marshall smokes his ass in practice again while wearing a DeAndre Hopkins Jersey! ;)

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm still looking for they're equally at fault.  Has a much different tone when Bowles insisted that no man is allowed to hit another.  Under any circumstances doesn't translate into both are equally at fault.  Nothing in that says what you're trying to sell.  

Just as your childish insistence that I'm saying Geno is 100% absolved.  Stick to direct quotes, editorialization isn't working out well. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

IF the situation played out like some have explained, and this were the streets Geno did deserve it, but regardless what words came out of Geno's mouth you can't punch him in corporate america, and get away with it.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

IF the situation played out like some have explained, and this were the streets Geno did deserve it, but regardless what words came out of Geno's mouth you can't punch him in corporate america, and get away with it.

The problem with the streets is that there are no rules. Just because something happened to you in the streets doesnt mean that you deserved it. No matter the situation, no one should put hands on anyone, especially for $600. 

Maybe IK should have seen this movie and taken heed. He would have got of "cheap". 

The problem with the streets is that there's no rules. Just because something happened to you in the streets doesnt mean that you deserved it. No matter the situation, no one should put hands on anyone, especially for $600. 

Maybe IK should have seen this movie and taken heed. He would have got of "cheap". 

LOL that really is great advice he was given, the problem is that the dude didn't run like he did in the bronx tale, he actually (well supposedly) told yeah end what are you going to do about it, then I think Sonny would have had different advice for C lol.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm still looking for they're equally at fault.  Has a much different tone when Bowles insisted that no man is allowed to hit another.  Under any circumstances doesn't translate into both are equally at fault.  Nothing in that says what you're trying to sell.  

Just as your childish insistence that I'm saying Geno is 100% absolved.  Stick to direct quotes, editorialization isn't working out well. 

Unfamiliar with the term "tit for tat"?

LOL that really is great advice he was given, the problem is that the dude didn't run like he did in the bronx tale, he actually (well supposedly) told yeah end what are you going to do about it, then I think Sonny would have had different advice for C lol.

If IK stopped asking for the money...problem solved. People gotta think and stop letting their emotions control their actions. Furthermore, fans have to stop condoning such actions simply because they dont like the other guy. That is once again, emotions controlling the situation. 

Oh, and A Bronx tale was a great movie! :D

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Nonsense.  You have no idea that he dared him to do it and you don't ever get the right to assault someone.  

No matter how much you hate Geno, you don't hit people over this stupid shlt.  Too many people think they're allowed to justify illegal activity. 

I'm not justifying anything. I also don't hate Geno, I just think he's s dead-end player.

From a social standpoint, they are both idiots. From a legal standpoint, Ik was 100% in the wrong. The latter is a given, all I'm talking about is the former, the social aspect, and I stand by it 100%. 

You are overlapping the two. 

If IK stopped asking for the money...problem solved. People gotta think and stop letting their emotions control their actions. Furthermore, fans have to stop condoning such actions simply because they dont like another guy. That is once again, emotions controlling the situation. 

Oh, and A Bronx tale was a great movie! :D

So many legendary scenes in that movie.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Unfamiliar with the term "tit for tat"?

Unfamiliar with that's what kept it going?  One simple statement and one simple action says it all.  He said under no circumstances is it ok to punch another man in the face.  You want to debate what he meant by that?  And if equally at fault why was IK cut?  

3 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

They were equally at fault for the situation. That does not mean they are equally culpable. 

Up until the punch they were both childish. 

^^^^^^Pretty much what Bowles said. And his immediate actions showed that there's a difference between being childish and being a danger with a history. 

I doubt anyone here would say that when IK assaulted that cop that the cop deserved it.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Unfamiliar with that's what kept it going?  One simple statement and one simple action says it all.  He said under no circumstances is it ok to punch another man in the face.  You want to debate what he meant by that?  And if equally at fault why was IK cut?  

Again...he's in no position to publicly condone violence.  He was asked who was at fault and he said it was "tit for tat".  That's all I've been saying.  I don't recall saying he deserved to be punched in the face.  Did I say that?

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

^^^^^^Pretty much what Bowles said. And his immediate actions showed that there's a difference between being childish and being a danger with a history. 

I doubt anyone here would say that when IK assaulted that cop that the cop deserved it.  

No he deserved another tat. I'd say he raised it to a whole other level. 

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

When you dare someone to do something about it, then they do, you aren't allowed to be the victim. You're an idiot for taunting. The other guy is an idiot for swinging.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Also, there are verbatim a from several witnesses that Geno told him he wouldn't do anything. That's s taunt.

And if he did taunt him, said you won't do anything about it then it becomes ok?  

Nah, not justifying it

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Bowles had nothing to lose no loyalty to either one if he thought they were both to blame both would have been cut 

One was a meh QB, the other was a likely PS LBer....the meh QB wins that every time in today's NFL.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Again...he's in no position to publicly condone violence.  He was asked who was at fault and he said it was "tit for tat".  That's all I've been saying.  I don't recall saying he deserved to be punched in the face.  Did I say that?

I said you're saying that Bowles said they're equally at fault.  And Bowles never said that they were equally at fault.  It was tit for tat up until IK decided to get violent and punch Geno.  No matter how many ways you twist the words. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Only one person got punched. Im looking for the tat in that equation. 

We don't know what it was...the team chose not to release any details.

Archived