Non-Jet promising rookie chatter

BUM-KNEE

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

I really wanted Clemson corner Makenzie Alexander III instead of peake

Wut?  Peake was a 7th round pick.  Alexander was a 2ndround pick, IIRC.  What does one have to do with the other, other than they are both Clemson?  

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

Cardale Jones looked alright for a guy who isn't supposed to know how to play.  Showed some great velocity/timing on a bullet to former Jets WR Walt Powell with 3 defenders in the vicinity.  He also ran it 4 times for 34 yards.

I liked Cardale better than Lynch and Goff.  I won't be shocked if he has a better career than both of them

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well that doesnt sound good. He'll be hidden this year like Petty was last season. 

Petty was not hidden thou, he got plenty of preseason reps, and was the backup QB for the first 4, or so weeks.

16 minutes ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

If you read my follow up post you would understand. But I'm sure reading is hard for someone of your intelligence.

LOL.  Welcome to the board. Good start with the personal attack.  What's the over/under on the duration of your stay?  Your original post made no sense.  I didn't see your follow up. Good day sir.

19 minutes ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

If you read my follow up post you would understand. But I'm sure reading is hard for someone of your intelligence.

There is absolutely no need for personal attacks.

3 minutes ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

I do not need to be belittled and disrespected because of my opinion. Show some class and it will be graciously returned.

If you do not want to be belittled and disrespected for your opinion you have come to the wrong place sir.

23 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Makenzie Alexander was drafted in the second round...Peake was drafted in the 7th...

So.  Who wouldn't want an extra 2nd instead of a 7th?   Although, with the Jets track record, a 7th is more likely to be a good player...

21 hours ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

I do not need to be belittled and disrespected because of my opinion. Show some class and it will be graciously returned.

I agree.  No one should be belittled for an opinion expressed.  In this case, the adverse reaction to you had nothing to do with your opinion, and everything to do with the personal attack you gratuitously threw in.  If you can't see the difference, well this forum might not be the right place for you.

8 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

David Arquette gives him a serious run for his money in that category. 

No doubt.

My wife was watching Friends season 1 re-runs over the weekend... awful show... Courtney Cox's body was ******* insane. Just wow. It's amazing how Anniston got hotter as it went on, she started out almost like a normal, everyday hot girl... and became a knockout. Cox, was flawless back then.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

No doubt.

My wife was watching Friends season 1 re-runs over the weekend... awful show... Courtney Cox's body was ******* insane. Just wow. It's amazing how Anniston got hotter as it went on, she started out almost like a normal, everyday hot girl... and became a knockout. Cox, was flawless back then.

I hate David Arquette.  Asswipe ruined so many good bits on the Stern show over the years with his mumbling giggling like a schoolgirl

On 8/14/2016 at 7:34 AM, Villain The Foe said:

For sure. 

I just know @Paradis was giddy after that performance. Lynch looked good. Im happy with Lee, though we have no idea what Hack is. If he doesnt get any reps in camp this week I doubt we'll see him in game 2 as well.  

it's two separate feelings. One is happy for Lynch that he's coming along already, cause I like him a lot. I wanted BECAUSE i liked him so much, but it started with just really getting behind the kid... secondly, there's the whole "He's not a jet, and instead we took the worst prospect this side of Tebow" mess of emotions. Which i don't feel much like commenting on at the moment. 

On 8/14/2016 at 9:50 AM, Villain The Foe said:

Macc really "showed off" this past draft. We picked up some guys. Even if we dont see much of anything from Hack this preseason, what we're seeing from undrafted rookies like Jalin Marshall in the return game and Anderson in the passing game. Our 7th rounder Peake with the our sole passing TD in the game, our 1st round pick with 4 tackles, 2 tackles for loss and a sack in limited play is VERY unusual for a Jets team. 

Most of us are still waiting for Vernon Gholston to record a sack! 

This was Macc's first draft with his hand picked scouting department. I can't say that it's the best draft class since I've followed the team, however, I can't remember getting so many different players in the same class getting publicity during camp (including the FA acquisitions). Sh!t, by week 1, we may have 3 rookie starters in Lee, Jenkins and Edwards. I can't recall that ever happening before with the team. 

Not a rookie, but Brett Hundley looked great the other day before getting hurt.

After Winston/Mariota, he was the QB that I really wanted. Was really upset when we took Petty instead of him. If GB really develops him, they may have a 3rd franchise QB in a row.

And I'll be upset, especially if Petty and/or Hack don't live up to anything :(

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

it's two separate feelings. One is happy for Lynch that he's coming along already, cause I like him a lot. I wanted BECAUSE i liked him so much, but it started with just really getting behind the kid... secondly, there's the whole "He's not a jet, and instead we took the worst prospect this side of Tebow" mess of emotions. Which i don't feel much like commenting on at the moment. 

Impressive restraint!

a couple of Raider rookies to keep an eye on as the season progresses.1.   Ss Karl Joseph - they say he's the real deal , but it's  going to take a couple of real games to get comfortable in the defense( shake the rust off) .2. De/DT  Jihad Ward been the talk of training camp from Day one.   The Raiders think  he's bigger version of last year Stud rookie de/ DT Mario Edwards. ( Edwards emergence was a big reason K Mack had his breakout season.).  Ward like Edwards last year , will really start to come on with little more experience.  Ward will be a day one starter.    Rb Deandre Washington - will have a big role on offense, and wouldn't be surprising if he replaces Latavius Murray at some point as the lead Rb.

acouple of undrafted free agents . De/DT Darius Latham . Biggest surprise in camp as he has chance to play major minutes this year.  Could be the guy that benefits the most from Mario Edwards missing first couple of games( hip injury).

De/ Olb / Ilb James Cowser - has no chance of starting ( not with K Mack, Bruce Irvin, and eventually Aldon Smith when his suspension up.) but he does a lot of things well , and has versatility to play a lot of places.   Raiders coaches like him, and will play him early in their defensive rotations.

9 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

a couple of Raider rookies to keep an eye on as the season progresses.1.   Ss Karl Joseph - they say he's the real deal , but it's  going to take a couple of real games to get comfortable in the defense( shake the rust off) .2. De/DT  Jihad Ward been the talk of training camp from Day one.   The Raiders think  he's bigger version of last year Stud rookie de/ DT Mario Edwards. ( Edwards emergence was a big reason K Mack had his breakout season.).  Ward like Edwards last year , will really start to come on with little more experience.  Ward will be a day one starter.    Rb Deandre Washington - will have a big role on offense, and wouldn't be surprising if he replaces Latavius Murray at some point as the lead Rb.

acouple of undrafted free agents . De/DT Darius Latham . Biggest surprise in camp as he has chance to play major minutes this year.  Could be the guy that benefits the most from Mario Edwards missing first couple of games( hip injury).

De/ Olb / Ilb James Cowser - has no chance of starting ( not with K Mack, Bruce Irvin, and eventually Aldon Smith when his suspension up.) but he does a lot of things well , and has versatility to play a lot of places.   Raiders coaches like him, and will play him early in their defensive rotations.

Your best rookie is Connor Cook

On 8/23/2016 at 8:34 AM, Raideraholic said:

wut?

On August 23, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Raideraholic said:

Agreed on Washington.....he's a guy to watch

How about this Joe Callahan kid in at QB for Green Bay?

Passing the eyeball test wth flying colors tonight ... Great left sideline out pass to complete a 4th and nine ... Then a little bit later , rolling out of the pocket to his right ... Rifles ball to his WR for TD  heading towards right sideline

16-24 believe 167 YD's 1 TD 0 INT ... Plus a 2nd TD scores drive for his RB

Coming from D3 he's an Interesting story 

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/29990/locked-out-of-a-pro-day-small-college-qb-joe-callahan-found-way-to-impress-packers

Callahan is one of four quarterbacks on the Packers' roster. Behind Rodgers, second-year pro Brett Hundley has the backup job all but locked up. For now, it's Callahan and Ryan Williams, who was signed in January and has an unusual story of his own, as the No. 3s.

Definitely not a player at the sexiest position, but Joe Thuney looks like he will be the Pats' starting LG from opening day until he is unceremoniously traded for a 4th round pick 10 years from now.    And the league loves the Patriots so much and wants them to win so badly, he gets to hold on EVERY SINGLE PLAY.  That will ensure at least a few Pro Bowl appearances.  

23 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Honestly, nobody cares...Screw the Pats

Sorry.  I'll talk about Bills rookies instead. 

Buffalo has a lot to be excited about this season.  Cyrus Jones looks good returning punts.  Malcolm Mitchell and Kamu Grugier-Hill probably won't crack the Bills lineup this season, but they look like future starters.  

1 hour ago, AFCEastFan said:

Definitely not a player at the sexiest position, but Joe Thuney looks like he will be the Pats' starting LG from opening day until he is unceremoniously traded for a 4th round pick 10 years from now.    And the league loves the Patriots so much and wants them to win so badly, he gets to hold on EVERY SINGLE PLAY.  That will ensure at least a few Pro Bowl appearances.  

You had the "like" from me coming through the 1st half with the good info ... Lost it though with the whiney diatribe to end your post.

i'm sure you're heartbroken ;)

Archived