NYG Josh Brown gets only 1-game suspension (20 instances of domestic violence)

JetUp81

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17345996/ex-wife-new-york-giants-kicker-josh-brown-says-was-physically-violent-20-s

ESPN source and information:

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

1 game ban for this is a joke and further perpetuates the racial divide in America.

It's not racial.  There is an in group and our group of owners.  The Rooneys, Maras and until recently Kraft were the in group while our dolt of an owner is the dork on the outside of the party.

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

It's not racial.  There is an in group and our group of owners.  The Rooneys, Maras and until recently Kraft were the in group while our dolt of an owner is the dork on the outside of the party.

I agree its not racist. But because its only a 1 game ban creates the debate. He should be suspended for the season.

On August 19, 2016 at 8:58 PM, Adoni Beast said:

I agree its not racist. But because its only a 1 game ban creates the debate. He should be suspended for the season.

1.  Every criminal activity doesn't creat debate of racism.  Racist activity creates it.

2.  He wasn't accused, arrest or reported 20 times. She's claiming that was the case without any proof or details

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

1.  Every criminal activity doesn't creat debate of racism.  Racist activity creates it.

2.  He wasn't accused, arrest or reported 20 times. She's claiming that was the case without any proof or details

She was probably scared for her life (and her son's) to talk too much to the police.  The fact that she called the police that many times in 3 different cities tells a LOT.  And, when you combine it with the fact that the guy had already assaulted another woman years previous... the signs are all there that he is a P.O.S.

Just now, JetUp81 said:

She was probably scared for her life (and her son's) to talk too much to the police.  The fact that she called the police that many times in 3 different cities tells a LOT.  And, when you combine it with the fact that the guy had already assaulted another woman years previous... the signs are all there that he is a P.O.S.

Hey I don't know, you don't know but everyone is sure it happened like she said.  Even if we think it's true the NFL isn't going to go by that kind of flimsy story.  They'd be sued in a second.   The union would freak if they attempted to suspend someone for a full season off of a comment years after the fact. 

Doesnt mean it didn't happen

On 8/19/2016 at 7:42 PM, drdetroit said:

And this turd gets only a 1 game suspension.  Goodell is a clown once again.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/19/nfl-josh-brown-only-got-1-game-because-ex-wife-didnt-talk/

The best reason for the Pats to be pissed off.

Is the punishment standard  if you smack the woman around dependent on whether there is video footage? 

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Is the punishment standard  if you smack the woman around dependent on whether there is video footage? 

unfortunately, I think so.  If there was video of greg hardy doing what is outlined in the police report, his career would be over as well.  In the internet/mobile age, optics rule

“I, the undersigned, find that there is probable cause to believe that on or about the date of the offense shown [May 13, 2014] and in the county named above [Mecklenburg County, North Carolina] the defendant named above [Hardy] unlawfully and willingly did assault [redacted], a female person, by GRABBING VICTIM AND THROWING TO THE FLOOR, THROWING INTO A BATHTUB, SLAMMING HER AGAINST A FUTON, AND STRANGLING HER. The defendant is a male person and was at least 18 years of age when the assault occurred.”

On August 19, 2016 at 8:58 PM, Adoni Beast said:

I agree he should get a season long suspension but this is entirely Goodell doing a solid for the Maras.

God I hope Romo stays healthy and the Boys win that division I hate the Giants so much

26 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Exactly this nonsense.  Goodell is so arbitrary and he is such an inept stooge.

Where is the media on this?

16 hours ago, JetUp81 said:

Brown was arrested and suspended in 2001 while playing at Nebraska for domestic violence.

Hopefully, his days in the NFL are numbered... if not over.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/08/19/josh-brown-was-also-suspended-at-nebraska-in-2001-for-an-assault-arrest/

Supposedly the Giants want this POS

I guess they feel it's too late to find another kicker

Josh Brown needs to spend some time behind bars for his actions.  It appears that he always gets off with a slap on the wrist with every arrest and police report he adds to his growing list of offenses.

Keeping him condones his actions and sends the wrong message to the other players and fans.

4 hours ago, PCP63 said:

People are crucifying him even though an arrest is NOT being found guilty, and there's no evidence her claim is true.

I think some of these folks are more concerned that this Giant player is not being punished than what might have actually happened to the woman  ?

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I think some of these folks are more concerned that this Giant player is not being punished than what might have actually happened to the woman  ?

I understand that. But whether any of this even happened or not is extremely relevant. He's by no means a choir boy (as his DUI indicates), but this specific incident has no backing as of now.

I understand that. But whether any of this even happened or not is extremely relevant. He's by no means a choir boy (as his DUI indicates), but this specific incident has no backing as of now.

Criminal court burden is beyond reasonable doubt, NFL it's by preponderance (more likely than not, as in deflategate). Don't need a conviction to get a suspension. Same way OJ was found liable under lesser standard in civil court despite being acquitted under the more difficult standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Criminal court burden is beyond reasonable doubt, NFL it's by preponderance (more likely than not, as in deflategate). Don't need a conviction to get a suspension. Same way OJ was found liable under lesser standard in civil court despite being acquitted under the more difficult standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that. However, when there is literally zero evidence, that is far from a preponderance of evidence.

21 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I understand that. However, when there is literally zero evidence, that is far from a preponderance of evidence.

See here's the thing. They have at least one police report. You may not find that convincing evidence but it is indeed evidence. Saying there is zero evidence is ridiculous.

Archived