Pre Season Jets-Redskins Game Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Integrity28 said:

Keepers: Petty, Jalin, Robbie, Charone... may leave Ross on the outside looking in.

Cuts: Kenbrell, Sudfeld, Kellen Davis

Ross I think goes to the PS, there's just too much talent at the position for him to sneak in.  As much as it hurts given his potential, Smith's PUP status may wind up being a blessing in disguise to make the final cutdowns a bit less difficult.  A lot of people seem too convinced of Thompkins making the team, but I'm pretty sure his tender was nothing more than an insurance policy before any of these guys came to town.  Given what they pulled from the draft and UDFA, he looks like a sure goner.

The TE situation, just... ugh.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not. I think Fitz has been a huge help to Petty. 

Finding a true franchise QB is pricless, imo.

What are you talking about.. I'm sure Geno could have easily taught Petty about throwing balls into the dirt... or triple coverage... or you know.... how to run backwards for 20 yards and a sack... We don't need no stinkin' Fitz.

so robbie andersons having himself a game according to you guys and other sites. damn its gona be tough cutting one of these guys. i love marshall, peake, and now anderson making a case. whos gona go? i say worthy is def gone. ross even tho he had a good return is gone and i would cut thompkins but i know bowles loves vets. guess its a decent problem to hav

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

Please note; Petty is playing against the third and fourth stringers. He is playing very well though and I am very happy

Yea, and he's clearly too good for them to stop - so it's time to see him against first and second team defenses.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

We are seriously stacked at the WR position. I'd take a chance cutting guys like a Kembrell Tompkins to make enough room to keep guys like Peake/Anderson on the 53. 

Any teams watching these guys will pluck them off waivers if given the opportunity. Dont even take the chance. 

Exactly there is NO WAY those guys are not poached by another team.  Tompkins is redundant with Marshall and Decker.  He is a big position receiver.  Peake and Anderson are both faster and more talented and just as big (at least as tall).  Peake is the more physical receiver of the two, but Anderson is serious deep threat and at 6'3 is no smurf.   As he gets a bit stronger he is going to be a true BEAST.

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Please note; Petty is playing against the third and fourth stringers. He is playing very well though and I am very happy

True but no one was or is playing against Night Train Lane out there.

All any player can do is perform to the best of their ability against the competition that they are confronted with. 

So that I am happy for Petty. Does that mean that Smith stinks well no it just means that my eyes are telling me Petty probably has more upside than Geno but I really would like to see Petty go in first next week and see what we have then. 

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

so robbie andersons having himself a game according to you guys and other sites. damn its gona be tough cutting one of these guys. i love marshall, peake, and now anderson making a case. whos gona go? i say worthy is def gone. ross even tho he had a good return is gone and i would cut thompkins but i know bowles loves vets. guess its a decent problem to hav

Kenbrell Thompkins is a total waste of a roster spot.

4 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

He should.  He does two things that you can't really teach: 1) play the ball in the air, 2) catch the ball.

And create separation.  The guy ran 4.35 and it shows on the field. 

3 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I See Peake and Anderson making the team and Marshall to the practice squad.

Its a very tough decision. We need a KR/PR. When it comes to the WR position Im all for Peake/Anderson and placing Marshall on the PS. \

But who's going to return kicks? I'll admit though that this is a good problem to have. I couldnt even tell you the last time we've had a WR corp this deep. 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

It's crazy to think Petty actually missed about 3 big throws to.

Yup, his bad plays were bad throws, not defensive stops. He had open men and missed them. Drives got killed by that and dumb sh*t like the Sudd fumble. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Been saying it since OTA's

Yeah I have been loving since the draft. I know highlight films are often deceiving but I was VERY impressed with Anderson's ability to get behind the defense, to track the ball and also his hands.  Peake also showed me something; I couldn't wait for camp and preseason for them to show what they can do and so far they have NOT disappointed.  If anything Anderson has RAISED expectations. 

9 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

What makes Anderson's game so impressive is this isn't simply one of those preseason games where you see a guy running free and completely uncovered, making it tough to judge how much it is the WR and how much just awful coverage that a player would never see in a real game.  While a number of them have still been deep plays, he's been making some great catches in tight coverage on plenty of those plays.

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I really hate that The N.F.L. counts a third QB as a roster spot. I believe every team should have 3 QBS on their roster but only counts as two spots. 

Thats a great point. It does hurt the development around the league.

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Exactly there is NO WAY those guys are not poached by another team.  Tompkins is redundant with Marshall and Decker.  He is a big position receiver.  Peake and Anderson are both faster and more talented and just as big (at least as tall).  Peake is the more physical receiver of the two, but Anderson is serious deep threat and at 6'3 is no smurf.   As he gets a bit stronger he is going to be a true BEAST.

I agree. Tompkins may be the better WR today given experience, but talent wise these young receivers are off the chart. 

The only way I see us fitting all these guys is if we cut the rest of these crappy TE's. WE dont need Davis, Sudfeld etc. Keep Amaro and use Enunwa at that position when needed and just fit these young guys on the 53. Its not like if Amaro gets hurt that we will terribly miss the TE position anyway. Chan can run an offense and pretty much never use the traditional TE position in his offense if need be. 

I dont want to see Macc even run the risk of losing any of these 3 WR's

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not. I think Fitz has been a huge help to Petty. 

Finding a true franchise QB is pricless, imo.

I'm joking.

But then again I don't really want to wait another year to see if Petty is the real deal. 

SAR I

Archived