#TEAMPETTY

CobraVerde

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cant wait said:

No but if he continues to improve he'll be he best QB on the roster soon

Without a doubt. Let him back up Fitz this year and lets see if he can't earn that starting job next year. I'm all for an old school quarterback onboarding for Petty.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Without a doubt. Let him back up Fitz this year and lets see if he can't earn that starting job next year. I'm all for an old school quarterback onboarding for Petty.

already looking forward to the petty/hack QB competition next summer

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Petty is playing a lot better than Geno did today. And behind him the team has put 10 points on the board. But Geno has regular season Ws. Like 11 of them. But out of 29. If Petty had 29 starts would he have better than 11 Ws. Probably?

Petty is throwing to better WR's. Why can't people here understand that?

10 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Petty is throwing to better WR's. Why can't people here understand that?

I'm not saying based on an exhibition game that Petty should beat out Geno. But tonight they had similar personnel. Where do you get that Petty has better receivers. If anything it was Geno who played with the twos. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I'm not saying based on an exhibition game that Petty should beat out Geno. But tonight they had similar personnel. Where do you get that Petty has better receivers. If anything it was Geno who played with the twos. 

You clearly stated that Petty would win more games than Geno did. How could you not comprehend that Petty has better WR's tonite than Geno did then?

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

You clearly stated that Petty would win more games than Geno did. How could you not comprehend that Petty has better WR's tonite than Geno did then?

I didn't say that. I suggested it, there's a difference. What I mean is that 11 out of 29 isn't too hard to beat. And by far Geno had better receivers in 2013 and 2014 than Petty has tonight. I'm not a Geno hater but not a Geno apologist either. Petty is playing with 3rd and 4th stringers tonight and free agents. That Geno never had talent excuse is not true. David Nelson is a lot better than these guys are. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I didn't say that. I suggested it, there's a difference. What I mean is that 11 out of 29 isn't too hard to beat. And by far Geno had better receivers in 2013 and 2014 than Petty has tonight. I'm not a Geno hater but not a Geno apologist either. Petty is playing with 3rd and 4th stringers tonight and free agents. That Geno never had talent excuse is not true. David Nelson is a lot better than these guys are. 

I don't agree with this but ok

Fitz is horrible, I still have no idea why people think he is good. He is throwing to Decker and Marshall in a single read offense. All things any other Jets QB can do, He has no arm and no accuracy

Geno was a complete smelly turd tonight. He has looked pretty lousy outside of 1 throw to Peake. 

Why does anyone want either of these JAGs to play. Bowles will play Fitz and he will screw us up the butt in the first 6 games.

Petty looked like a NFL QB, with arm strength accuracy and touch. Care less it was against 3s. you can still see the quality of his play. I would rather just start Bryce and see what happens and I am OK with him as a 2.

1 hour ago, CobraVerde said:

He's better than Geno.

I agree, with the caveat that we'd need to see Petty do it with the #2's and not the #3's.

Geno was horrible tonight, 1 INT, at least 2 more "Advanced Stat" INT's his fans care so much about, and no production at all.

I said it before, I'm happy to go into 2016 with Fitz/Petty/Hack.  Fitz goes down, we're hosed regardless, and Petty (IMO) will win and produce just as well as Geno could.

The difference is Petty might have a future here.  Geno doesn't.

Sadly, our F.O. lacks the testicles for such a brave, forward-thinking, but risky, move.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I agree, with the caveat that we'd need to see Petty do it with the #2's and not the #3's.

Geno was horrible tonight, 1 INT, at least 2 more "Advanced Stat" INT's his fans care so much about, and no production at all.

I said it before, I'm happy to go into 2016 with Fitz/Petty/Hack.  Fitz goes down, we're hosed regardless, and Petty (IMO) will win and produce just as well as Geno could.

The difference is Petty might have a future here.  Geno doesn't.

Sadly, our F.O. lacks the testicles for such a brave, forward-thinking, but risky, move.

Our old front office, maybe, but I think if the writing on the wall is clear, Mac will part ways with Geno if not even move him for a late draft pick.  He didn't draft him so it's not so hard to let someone else's mistake walk.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Our old front office, maybe, but I think if the writing on the wall is clear, Mac will part ways with Geno if not even move him for a late draft pick.  He didn't draft him so it's not so hard to let someone else's mistake walk.

We'll see, because Geno looks like warmed over dogsh*t thus far in 2016, and he's still here.

We'll see who plays with the #2's next week.  If there is a real competition, it'll be Petty.

If not, it'll be Geno, and Petty is as good as cut.

Petty probably made the team tonight. But there's plenty of rookie and free agent Qbs who have good games during pre-season. Like Sudfeld who won the game. And that doesn't necessarily translate to the regular season. To say Petty should be our no 1 Qb based on an exhibition game is insane. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Petty probably made the team tonight. But there's plenty of rookie and free agent Qbs who have good games during pre-season. Like Sudfeld who won the game. And that doesn't necessarily translate to the regular season. To say Petty should be our no 1 Qb based on an exhibition game is insane. 

Sudfeld > Hackenburg

Prove me wrong.

;)

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We'll see, because Geno looks like warmed over dogsh*t thus far in 2016, and he's still here.

We'll see who plays with the #2's next week.  If there is a real competition, it'll be Petty.

If not, it'll be Geno, and Petty is as good as cut.

I don't think they could have reasonably done anything until at least this game and probably next week to be fair.  After game 3, they should have enough data to make an informed decision. 

And I see no way they let Petty go based on what he's shown so far.  I don't even know if he survives waivers to the PS anymore.

Look at it this way, if you are suggesting the FO is too scared to let Geno walk, how do you think the board would react if they let Petty go and kept Geno.  It would be far worse than the opposite.

Just now, Warfish said:

Sudfeld > Hackenburg

Prove me wrong.

;)

Look, I'll take Hack and trust Jets and NFL scouts. But sometimes free agents end up the better players. A game like that with 3rd and 4th stringers is hard to evaluate. Talent wise both Petty and Sudfeld were playing against FXFL caliber players. 

No one is saying Petty should be the starter. Just bidding farewell to the mistake from WVU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived