#TEAMPETTY

CobraVerde

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

31 other teams said NO to Fitzpatrick lets not get crazy here, 

Stay on topic JW

you have come around to realize Geno s*cks & the kids need work ... Fitz was not part of the discussion 

22 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Geno's confidence looks completely shot on the field. He is often hesitant to pull the trigger, which leads to a lot of late throws. He is staring down his receivers before he is comfortable throwing the pass, thereby leading to passes defensed and INTs. Similar to RG3, I think Geno needs to go somewhere else and start fresh and the organization would be better off as well. Based upon what I have seen from Geno through 2 games, we are in deep sh!t if Fitzpatrick goes down. 

but this is how he always was.  he hasn't improved.  he just is who he is.  

15 minutes ago, ljr said:

Agreed ... That door is open though ... And they've seen Petty take 2 big steps through it ... If he doesn't trip on his next (or perhaps next 2) step(s) it will slam shut on Geno's face

I'm thinking last night allowed for the real possibility Petty could overtake Geno for #2.  However it'll take more than Petty just not messing up.  He'll need to impress vs the Gwomen while Geno plays poorly or perhaps even mediocre again.

And speaking of 'mediocre'..   It really wouldn't hurt for our $12mil QB to perhaps show some ability.  Like anything.  Dude is a complete waste so far.

Everyone is talking about the #2 spot, but our #1 has done nothing.  Kirk Cousins had a better showing than Fitz last night (for those that don't know, Cousins didn't play).  

As of now it looks like we wasted 12mil to head into these first 6 or 7 games needing the defense to play lights out to even stay competitive into the second half of games.

38 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'm thinking last night allowed for the real possibility Petty could overtake Geno for #2.  However it'll take more than Petty just not messing up.  He'll need to impress vs the Gwomen while Geno plays poorly or perhaps even mediocre again.

And speaking of 'mediocre'..   It really wouldn't hurt for our $12mil QB to perhaps show some ability.  Like anything.  Dude is a complete waste so far.

Everyone is talking about the #2 spot, but our #1 has done nothing.  Kirk Cousins had a better showing than Fitz last night (for those that don't know, Cousins didn't play).  

As of now it looks like we wasted 12mil to head into these first 6 or 7 games needing the defense to play lights out to even stay competitive into the second half of games.

Petty playing even better makes the move easier for Bowles ... But as long as he doesn't F up I think it happens.

Fitz is a mid level QB ... That is how he is paid as well.

the D is the strength of our team ... We've known that for 6 years

38 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i don't think it's a lock that geno replaces fitz vs the giants.  

Hope Petty comes in 2nd!

figure Fitz may get whole first half ... Should be awesome if they bring Petty in next. ... You know Geno will throw a temper tantrum if he does!

You clearly stated that Petty would win more games than Geno did. How could you not comprehend that Petty has better WR's tonite than Geno did then?

So basically no one can evaluate Geno unless they find a time machine and prove someone does better in the exact same circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Probably not a strong idea to make sweeping generalizations after a preseason game.

Two games.  (Not to mention 11 years.)

But you're somewhat right.  My worry is he'll be Mr. Mediocre vs the Gwomen too and everyone will say the same thing.

Then come week 3 of the regular season, fans will be saying, "oh it's still early."

Just wouldn't mind seeing some sort of skill/ability from our starting QB.  Hopefully it happens next game.

1 hour ago, ljr said:

Stay on topic JW

you have come around to realize Geno s*cks & the kids need work ... Fitz was not part of the discussion 

But in reality there is a market for sh*tty QBs Fitzpatrick was a sh*tty QB before 2015 so if we're going to classify Geno as a sh*tty QB lets use the same logic. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

But in reality there is a market for sh*tty QBs Fitzpatrick was a sh*tty QB before 2015 so if we're going to classify Geno as a sh*tty QB lets use the same logic. 

So please clarify for me JW ... In the "TeamPetty" thread are you trying to discuss Fitz's 2015 season? Or more about your new acceptance that Geno s*cks? Or perhaps something about Petty might be in order?

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

So please clarify for me JW ... In the "TeamPetty" thread are you trying to discuss Fitz's 2015 season? Or more about your new acceptance that Geno s*cks? Or perhaps something about Petty might be in order?

Fitz playing like... well Fitz, is somewhat pertinent in a thread about Petty.

If Petty can overtake Geno, overtaking Fitz isn't that far off.

5 minutes ago, ljr said:

Bryce Petty lets all hope he's that guy so far he looks good. 

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

It's almost as if no one learned from Brett Ratliff... And then no one learned again from Matt Simms...

Petty is different than both of those guys. Simms never passed the eye test like Petty does, and Ratliff just completed a couple bombs to Clowney. Petty, at least to my eyes looks like a potential franchise guy, HUGE arm, good accuracy, EXCELLENT ball placement, decent pocket awareness and improving, seems to have leadership skills and charisma, seems tough and fearless in pocket.

Petty was noticeably progressing through his reads on some plays and his footwork remains superior to Smith's. Smith wasn't stepping into his throws, even when he apparently had room to do so. This forces him to rely more on his arm to get the ball there, which is always risky. However, while Petty's final numbers were very good (16-of-26, 242 yards, two touchdowns), there were still warning signs that he could be a liability at times if he was to be called into real action at this stage of his career. One throw sailed over the middle and should have been intercepted. On another, he didn't see the linebacker dropping into the passing lane and had his pass broken up. He also struggled with pressure on a couple of occasions. On the whole, though, it was a positive performance from Petty against Washington's back-ups. He mostly threw the ball well and, even though his consistency was lacking at times, some of the successful throws he had were highlight reel material. That's sure to get some people in his corner to earn the number two job outright. We still need to see more though.

From the Jetsblog/SNY

I think a decision on Geno has to be made this week.  Only 2 QB's will see playing time next week.  The starters will go 3 quarters and the backups will go the remaining time. If Geno is still on the team for next game he isn't going anywhere in my opinion.  I'd like to see them attempt to move him early this week. There are like 4-5 teams and injury away from turning to a way worse QB than Geno. It's more likely to be for a conditional 7th that will upgrade depending on playing time. We have too much young talent to keep 4 QB's and after last night there is no way Petty would be released. 

7 hours ago, Shadetree said:

I'd still like to see the team keep all 4. I also think, as of this a.m., the team is still in a position where they have to keep 4 because Hack is sooo horrendous. It's a liability to have him as your 3.

As much as I do not like Geno, he IS a much better option than Hack right now. 

Nobody knows how Hack is right now. He barely gets reps. That has nothing to do with his talent. It's hard enough to get 3 QB's reps in training camp let alone 4. And if you have to use your 3rd QB you're screwed anyway. 

4 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

A deflected pass at LOS is not necessarily a bad pass...it could be bad OL or just a good play by DE

he had about 2-3 passes where he led WR too much but they were not poor decisions

It wasn't deflected at the line of scrimmage, a LB got pretty much both hands on it, but still went through, and then I believe the safety had it drop into his right hand, but dropped it.  It wasn't a good pass by any means.  He definitely had his moments, don't get me wrong, but he also did have plays where he messed up quite a bit.  

15 minutes ago, win4ever said:

It wasn't deflected at the line of scrimmage, a LB got pretty much both hands on it, but still went through, and then I believe the safety had it drop into his right hand, but dropped it.  It wasn't a good pass by any means.  He definitely had his moments, don't get me wrong, but he also did have plays where he messed up quite a bit.  

Your right when I 1st watched it the camera angle had me believe it was tipped.  The fact the lb had to make a diving catch and didn't come up with means it was not that bad but rather a good play by lb

as far as all these other errors yeah I suppose he made a few but so does Brady but I didn't spot any coaches tape I am sure will.

he was also victimized in 1st series by a dumd penalty which I could not see and was also victim to At least 3-4 blatant drops

Don't get me wrong...Petty is good but I want Fitz to win the Super Bowl this year with petty never coming off the bench as #2 while Geno starts his next carreer as a Pin the tail on donkey 

11 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Your right when I 1st watched it the camera angle had me believe it was tipped.  The fact the lb had to make a diving catch and didn't come up with means it was not that bad but rather a good play by lb

as far as all these other errors yeah I suppose he made a few but so does Brady but I didn't spot any coaches tape I am sure will.

he was also victimized in 1st series by a dumd penalty which I could not see and was also victim to At least 3-4 blatant drops

Don't get me wrong...Petty is good but I want Fitz to win the Super Bowl this year with petty never coming off the bench as #2 while Geno starts his next carreer as a Pin the tail on donkey 

I think it was a bad throw because of the defensive positioning, albeit Geno had a much worse throw to Peake, when Amaro was wide open next to Peake.

Pre-season, it's almost impossible to analyze the QBs because there are so many different factors like backups, vanilla defenses, etc that I figured it was pointless to write articles about it;  Even Fitz yesterday for the most part looked decent, but got some brutal drops, that stalled drives, and same with Geno.  I wasn't even sure who to write about besides Anderson.  

I think the only guy that significantly raised his positioning was Anderson.  To me, he was all but a lock for the PS (doesn't offer much in special teams, could use size, perfect PS type) but his performance yesterday definitely raised his stock.  

10 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I think it was a bad throw because of the defensive positioning, albeit Geno had a much worse throw to Peake, when Amaro was wide open next to Peake.

Pre-season, it's almost impossible to analyze the QBs because there are so many different factors like backups, vanilla defenses, etc that I figured it was pointless to write articles about it;  Even Fitz yesterday for the most part looked decent, but got some brutal drops, that stalled drives, and same with Geno.  I wasn't even sure who to write about besides Anderson.  

I think the only guy that significantly raised his positioning was Anderson.  To me, he was all but a lock for the PS (doesn't offer much in special teams, could use size, perfect PS type) but his performance yesterday definitely raised his stock.  

Anderson would not have raised him position so much had it not for been Petty dropping in bucket under pressure

i do not think Geno can make such throws under pressure and unfortunately Fitz would have struggled to make those 2 throws as well

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz playing like... well Fitz, is somewhat pertinent in a thread about Petty.

If Petty can overtake Geno, overtaking Fitz isn't that far off.

Hopefully 365 days ...give or take

57 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Sorry man, but the only chance fitz will ever have to win the super bowl will be on the bench

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Granted...it is safer not to believe

Fitz brings a lot of intangibles to the team... Unfortunately outweighing what his tangibles actually provide. I do credit him for stabilizing the team when it could have easily gone into chaos and being a good mentor for the young QB's, but the guy just doesn't have enough talent to be competitive against better teams

18 hours ago, CobraVerde said:

Let the madness begin. He's better than Geno. And honestly not that far away from Fitz. If you want to get real he's better than Fitz. Id like to see him with the 1's.

To say he is better than Geno is really not saying much. Browning Nagle was probably much better than Geno. I agree that seeing him with the number ones would be incredibly interesting. Petty release is quick and smooth. I am not used to such as a Jets fan. I am most likely in the minority but I sincerely do not see the need to carry 4 QBs. Spare us all and release the circus that Geno is.  A pre season game usually means nothing, but it was superbowl week for Geno and he was well aware of it. Another typical Geno mind boggling INT . He again failed miserably. 

15 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Fitz brings a lot of intangibles to the team... Unfortunately outweighing what his tangibles actually provide. I do credit him for stabilizing the team when it could have easily gone into chaos and being a good mentor for the young QB's, but the guy just doesn't have enough talent to be competitive against better teams

Agree with this

7 hours ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

All last night watching him play I kept thinking he looks like Brooks Bollinger. Scrambling, running and throwing.   Oh he provided that "spark"

Backup yesoftware but he's not a starter

Pretty much reminds me nothing of Bollinger, who seemed small and weak armed to me

Archived