Geno wants out

jets rooter

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

I halfway expected there to be an actual story or at least a little substance to this thread after reading the title.  Phucktard post by the OP. 

lol I was thinking the exact same thing. I thought there was going to be some story claiming that Geno asked to be released 

I don't believe Fitz ever said that about Geno you know openly rooting for Petty to win the backup job. Geno did seem to be lacking in confidence on Friday but that could be a one week deal. Playing well helps him and playing poorly doesn't help him career wise. 

7 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

I halfway expected there to be an actual story or at least a little substance to this thread after reading the title.  Phucktard post by the OP. 

Agreed, but after watching the replay of the game Geno appeared ill prepared and lacking confidence. Its hard to argue the assumption.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't believe Fitz ever said that about Geno you know openly rooting for Petty to win the backup job. Geno did seem to be lacking in confidence on Friday but that could be a one week deal. Playing well helps him and playing poorly doesn't help him career wise. 

We do know Fitzy, Brice & Hack have been hanging out together after practice & doing extra work ... Then getting socially together outside of practice as well.

Certainly Mac & Bowles talked to him about mentoring the kids and imparting his wisdom upon them this year in their negotiations 

my Fitzy speak comment was tongue in cheek ... But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if, in private, he was talking the kid up & building his confidence!

13 minutes ago, ljr said:

We do know Fitzy, Brice & Hack have been hanging out together after practice & doing extra work ... Then getting socially together outside of practice as well.

Certainly Mac & Bowles talked to him about mentoring the kids and imparting his wisdom upon them this year in their negotiations 

my Fitzy speak comment was tongue in cheek ... But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if, in private, he was talking the kid up & building his confidence!

I don't know about Fitz hanging out with Petty and Hack and maybe kind of excluding Geno. You'd think that socially and in the Qb room Geno would be a part of things and have a relationship with the other Qbs. But it's something you don't see a lot. I don't know the facts but it seems like he doesn't click with the other players on the team. It did seem that as soon as Fitz returned he immediately cliqued with the other starting players on offense. And it's kind of a closed group which Geno isn't a part of. If so maybe he should be moved to another team. 

I don't know about Fitz hanging out with Petty and Hack and maybe kind of excluding Geno. You'd think that socially and in the Qb room Geno would be a part of things and have a relationship with the other Qbs. But it's something you don't see a lot. I don't know the facts but it seems like he doesn't click with the other players on the team. It did seem that as soon as Fitz returned he immediately cliqued with the other starting players on offense. And it's kind of like a closed group which Geno isn't a part of. If so maybe he should be moved to another team. 

What the hell does it matter who hangs out with who players dont get to choose the roster. Fitzpatrick is a likable guy a people person. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Not sticking up for Geno but the entire team looked flat last night 

Team was abysmal at the same time did not see an effort by Geno to rally the troops. Maybe he did try to show some leadership, but not in the replay I just watched. Could be wrong just my opinion.

Just now, Bocajetfan said:

Team was abysmal at the same time did not see an effort by Geno to rally the troops. Maybe he did try to show some leadership, but not in the replay I just watched. Could be wrong just my opinion.

No player or coach rallied anyone Bowles looks clueless on the sidelines sorry I had to say it. 

I don't know about Fitz hanging out with Petty and Hack and maybe kind of excluding Geno. You'd think that socially and in the Qb room Geno would be a part of things and have a relationship with the other Qbs. But it's something you don't see a lot. I don't know the facts but it seems like he doesn't click with the other players on the team. It did seem that as soon as Fitz returned he immediately cliqued with the other starting players on offense. And it's kind of like a closed group which Geno isn't a part of. If so maybe he should be moved to another team. 

Go back over the newspaper stories since Fitz returned & you'll find some about them hanging out.

I'd also use the tone of (Geno chooses to not be part the group) over (they kind of exclude him) ... Places the blame for this fact where it should be, on Geno and not the other guys

At this point it may be best for both parties to part ways. I still believe this "young man" has a future in this game. Yet it s becoming more and more apparent that it may no be with the Jets.

Can any of you imagine the pressure this guy is under. Where every snap is put under a microscope and analyze to the 10th degree. Where the slightest miscues are greeted with 20 reason why he sucks and 100 reasons why he needs to be cut or traded right at this moment.

Geno ,I think most would agree,was thrown into the fire way before he was ready. An at this point the chances of him succeeding in the present environment are nil.

While I hate to see him go and do well elsewhere it may be the only fair shot he has.

But, a word of caution to my fellow Jets fans about Petty. While many of you see him as the next coming,beware, as he

has only faced 2nd and 3rd string defenses playing very vanilla schemes.

Pray Fitz stays healthy and that Petty Isn't this season Radcliffe.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No player or coach rallied anyone Bowles looks clueless on the sidelines sorry I had to say it. 

The thing is Bowles is going nowhere and needed to do a better job. Geno is fighting for a position and needed to show why he deserves it. Not trying to hate on Geno but he needs to know with his situation he needs to show more.

Being the backup for the Jets in 2016 is probably the best available NFL job for Geno. There are no starting jobs available. A good chance with an older Qb who's had injuries the past few seasons and plays sometimes recklessly he gets a chance to play and maybe to start. If he plays and does well he'll find a job next season. But even if Geno is cut he'll probably find work because there will be injuries. If he plays poorly he won't last long. 

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

From your mouth to God's ear. It's dumbfounding to watch him last night continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. It's just not computing.

Not so dumbfounding lack of confidence in Recievers running proper routs cause QBs to lock on to Recievers and late throws. Soon this becomes habit and habits are hard to break.

At this point it may be best for both parties to part ways. I still believe this "young man" has a future in this game. Yet it s becoming more and more apparent that it may no be with the Jets.

Can any of you imagine the pressure this guy is under. Where every snap is put under a microscope and analyze to the 10th degree. Where the slightest miscues are greeted with 20 reason why he sucks and 100 reasons why he needs to be cut or traded right at this moment.

Geno ,I think most would agree,was thrown into the fire way before he was ready. An at this point the chances of him succeeding in the present environment are nil.

While I hate to see him go and do well elsewhere it may be the only fair shot he has.

But, a word of caution to my fellow Jets fans about Petty. While many of you see him as the next coming,beware, as he

has only faced 2nd and 3rd string defenses playing very vanilla schemes.

Pray Fitz stays healthy and that Petty Isn't this season Radcliffe.

No one sees Bryce Petty as the "next coming ".

No one sees Ryan Fitzpatrick as anything other than a journey man QB.

We simply see them as what they are: Better than Geno Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Its time for Geno Smith to move on best for him and best for this organization. 

i wish him well on his next team.

What next team? He is so dreadful that I doubt any team would take him. He plain sux.

2 hours ago, jets rooter said:

it is very obvious that Geno wants out.He looks like one unhappy camper.It would be best for both him and the jets to part ways.Let another team deal with this head case.

That's the problem with geno.  He doesn't want out. He wants the job but he just doesn't know how to grab it.  That unnecessary intentional grounding was all I needed to see last night.  Nothing has changed. He's the same knucklehead he's always been.  

The talent is there but the intangibles to play qb are missing. 

2 hours ago, ljr said:

Go back over the newspaper stories since Fitz returned & you'll find some about them hanging out.

I'd also use the tone of (Geno chooses to not be part the group) over (they kind of exclude him) ... Places the blame for this fact where it should be, on Geno and not the other guys

This is an honest question since I've never heard this.  Is this a story or stories? Is this based on one day or something that is ongoing? Can you provide links to the stories ?  I've never heard this , and would think the coaches would discourage it

No one sees Bryce Petty as the "next coming ".

No one sees Ryan Fitzpatrick as anything other than a journey man QB.

We simply see them as what they are: Better than Geno Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you serious ? Have you not been reading this forum for the last 3 months.

The majority of fans were the "sky is falling if we don't resign Fitz ".

An every time Petty throws a completion, there are numerous posts exulting them as the reason we need to rid ourselves of Geno Simth.

Archived