Geno wants out

jets rooter

2 hours ago, fltflo said:

At this point it may be best for both parties to part ways. I still believe this "young man" has a future in this game. Yet it s becoming more and more apparent that it may no be with the Jets.

Can any of you imagine the pressure this guy is under. Where every snap is put under a microscope and analyze to the 10th degree. Where the slightest miscues are greeted with 20 reason why he sucks and 100 reasons why he needs to be cut or traded right at this moment.

Geno ,I think most would agree,was thrown into the fire way before he was ready. An at this point the chances of him succeeding in the present environment are nil.

While I hate to see him go and do well elsewhere it may be the only fair shot he has.

But, a word of caution to my fellow Jets fans about Petty. While many of you see him as the next coming,beware, as he

has only faced 2nd and 3rd string defenses playing very vanilla schemes.

Pray Fitz stays healthy and that Petty Isn't this season Radcliffe.

You meant Ratliff.

Geno is owed nothing. He was paid millions to be bad at his job. No one blames him for his rookie year but we can blame him for getting benched in his second year and for putting himself in a bad spot last year. 

The players clearly don't like him personally and his performance doesn't overcome his lack of charisma. Every QB, especially in New York has that pressure, if he can't handle it then he isn't a professional QB.

People forget that even Sanchez had his loyal teammates, Mangold, Brick, Edwards and a few more defended him, no one even pretends to like Geno. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He should want out.  I would want out. The Jets organization and fans have treated him extremely unfairly.  

That's just simply not true on multiple levels. He has been given several opportunities on and off the field to get his act together and he either cannot do it or chooses not to. The excuses for this man have run out. Perform or be gone. Step up or step off. Period.  

38 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

What next team? He is so dreadful that I doubt any team would take him. He plain sux.

Some other team will pick him up as a backup. He has starter experience and some other team will take a chance that a change of scenery will help his performance.

Look at Sanchez. That guy left here after a terrible season, went backup in PHI and now he's the presumptive starter of a Super Bowl team.

33 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

This is an honest question since I've never heard this.  Is this a story or stories? Is this based on one day or something that is ongoing? Can you provide links to the stories ?  I've never heard this , and would think the coaches would discourage it

There has been multiple stories about how good friends Fitz and Petty are.  Petty spent 2 weeks at Fitz's house after he was drafted.  Fitz text's Petty play possibilities in the middle of the night.  They were together with Mangold and Decker at the hockey game.  Petty is close with Fitz's kids

Petty and Hack have become friends, and stay after practice every day running routes for one another,  hack has mentioned several times how much Petty has helped him.  Almost every picture you see of Fitz at practice, working out, jogging, what ever, it seems like petty is on one side, and Hack is on the other

Why in the world would the coaches discourage players from bonding, and vets mentoring young players.  That is one of the reasons the Jets wanted FitZ on a three year contract.

If smith chooses to isolate himself, and alienate the team from him, that's his problem 

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

There has been multiple stories about how good friends Fitz and Petty are.  Petty spent 2 weeks at Fitz's house after he was drafted.  Fitz text's Petty play possibilities in the middle of the night.  They were together with Mangold and Decker at the hockey game.  Petty is close with Fitz's kids

Petty and Hack have become friends, and stay after practice every day running routes for one another,  hack has mentioned several times how much Petty has helped him.  Almost every picture you see of Fitz at practice, working out, jogging, what ever, it seems like petty is on one side, and Hack is on the other

Why in the world would the coaches discourage players from bonding, and vets mentoring young players.  That is one of the reasons the Jets wanted FitZ on a three year contract.

If smith chooses to isolate himself, and alienate the team from him, that's his problem 

So wait its obvious Fitz wants Geno nowhere near his wife something about size....if we're gonna discuss conspiracy theories and bullsh*t reasons and lies to degrade Geno any further why the hell not. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

So wait its obvious Fitz wants Geno nowhere near his wife something about size....if we're gonna start conspiracy theories and bullsh*t reasons and lies to degrade Geno any further why the hell not. 

Would you please point out the BS theories and lies.  Fitz and Petty are good friends.

I guess smith and IK were good friends

Just now, flgreen said:

Would you please point out the BS theories and lies.  Fitz and Petty are good friends.

I guess smith and IK were good friends

Not saying its BS I'm just saying all these reasons to hate on Geno are ridiculous on the field stuff yes his play is whats its all about its not who hangs with him or who likes him that matters. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not saying its BS I'm just saying all these reasons to hate on Geno are ridiculous on the field stuff yes his play is whats its all about its not who hangs with him or who likes him that matters. 

Detroit had said he didn't know that Fitz and Petty were friends, I replied.  Really didn't say anything negative about smith except that he had isolated himself from the team.  The multiple pictures of him sitting alone strongly seems to indicate that.

That's not the reason he is more then likely going to be an ex-Jet sooner then later.  He has been out played by Petty is the reason for that.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Detroit had said he didn't know that Fitz and Petty were friends, I replied.  Really didn't say anything negative about smith except that he had isolated himself from the team.  The multiple pictures of him sitting alone strongly seems to indicate that.

That's not the reason he is more then likely going to be an ex-Jet sooner then later.  He has been out played by Petty is the reason for that.

Yes he has I agree.

If Geno played well nobody would be hating on him. He makes his own bed so let him sleep in it. He has two games left to show he knows how to run our offense. And not make stupid lazy throws the way he did last night. As for the Fitz haters they're still around unfortunately. Why not wait until the regular season to start again ripping the guy. Or if a ball is thrown two inches to the left or high to the receiver to say he bailed out Fitz. Anybody who watches football knows it's not the case. That good Qbs try to put a ball in places they can't be picked off or tipped. It's called smart football. 

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If Geno played well nobody would be hating on him. He makes his own bed so let him sleep in it. He has two games left to show he knows how to run our offense. And not make stupid lazy throws the way he did last night. As for the Fitz haters they're still around unfortunately. Why not wait until the regular season to start again ripping the guy. Or if a ball is thrown two inches to the left or high to the receiver to say he bailed out Fitz. Anybody who watches football knows it's not the case. That good Qbs try to put a ball in places they can't be picked off or tipped. It's called smart football. 

I dont consider myself a Fitz hater I'm a realist Ive seen Fitz mostly bad seasons and 1 good season I root for any player in a Jets uniform and hope they all do well.  

Fitzpatrick has had many opportunities with 6 teams has never made the playoffs i hope that all changes here in 2016 

Geno is what Geno is even he threw 6 TDs last night he would still be hated here look at all the threads that are against him on this board so basically so called fans hate players in Jets uniforms and hope they do bad. 

Not me

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah all the good QB's throw at their receivers feet and into triple coverage, it's called smart football :lol:

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

This is an honest question since I've never heard this.  Is this a story or stories? Is this based on one day or something that is ongoing? Can you provide links to the stories ?  I've never heard this , and would think the coaches would discourage it

Honest answer, It was 1 or 2 things ... May have even been tied into a charity / cause type of situation ... Want to say golfing may have been involved in one of them ... Sorry, been through a bunch of NY beat writer stories since then... And it wasn't important enough to save them ... You'll have to go back &review the local paper stories from camp.

i'm sure I misunderstood your last sentence ... You probably meant to write that the coaches would encourage their QB's to work late after practice, bond together outside of practice, and have Fitz impart his wisdom into the kids as often as possible.

14 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Yeah all the good QB's throw at their receivers feet and into triple coverage, it's called smart football :lol:

They do if it's a set play. You throw at an area where it isn't going to be picked off not always right at the numbers. And you practice a lot esp with a receiver like Marshall who is big and can stretch and make plays. If you're smart you take advantage of your team's talent and try your best to avoid turnovers. This isn't bailing out a Qb it's a smart Qb. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

They do if it's a set play. You throw at an area where it isn't going to be picked off not always right at the numbers. And you practice a lot esp with a receiver like Marshall who is big and can stretch and make plays. If you're smart you take advantage of your team's talent and try your best to avoid turnovers. This isn't bailing out a Qb it's a smart Qb. 

I agree with you on this point-- smart QB's know their WR's well enough to know what passes they are capable of catching and knowing how fast they are and when to expect separation, which is why bringing back fitz was good because it keeps the continuity going... but I think that fitz needs to do a better job at getting the ball in the receivers hands so it's not entirely dependent on the receiver to make plays happen. especially with all the young WRs the jets are trying to develop

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

A thread could be started Ryan Fitzpatrick got paid he now he doesn't care 

The more I think about the misleading threat title DUMP and BAN 

The title is misleading. The discussion hasn't been. Based on the information we have it is clear that Geno isn't beloved by his teammates. It's not a reach of a thought. People don't like Geno because he's bad and he was supposed to be not bad, and along the way to our discovery that he's bad Geno was a jerk, and an idiot and made the team look bad off the field. 

Geno has no future here and in a football sense Jets fans are done creating excuses for him and his whiny unearned behavior.

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

DING - DING - DING ...

... WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!!!

8 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I agree with you on this point-- smart QB's know their WR's well enough to know what passes they are capable of catching and knowing how fast they are and when to expect separation, which is why bringing back fitz was good because it keeps the continuity going... but I think that fitz needs to do a better job at getting the ball in the receivers hands so it's not entirely dependent on the receiver to make plays happen. especially with all the young WRs the jets are trying to develop

I think overall he knows his weaknesses. And that's why usually not too many mistakes and a continuity in the offense. Just too bad that wasn't the case week 17. Hopefully they learned from that.  One reason our D was so successful was that Fitz sustained drives and kept them off of the field. Unfortunately our D is still prone to giving up 3rd and longs. Including the first team D. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So wait its obvious Fitz wants Geno nowhere near his wife something about size....if we're gonna discuss conspiracy theories and bullsh*t reasons and lies to degrade Geno any further why the hell not. 

WTF Yo !?!?! ... Geno was barely mentioned ... Assuming you were just trying to be funny

otherwise don't forget you've accepted Geno s*cks

There is nothing wrong with Geno as a human being. He hasn't done anything in his personal life where he should be vilified. There's much worse than Geno. 

He's a moping, whining, irresponsible, unintelligent, inarticulate loser.

Can't wait for him to be cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, jfmckenna said:

He's a moping, whining, irresponsible, unintelligent, inarticulate loser.

I haven't seen evidence of any of that. If you hate him as a player that's another story. Based on your previous posts I think I know where you're coming from. Maybe it's time for you take a hike. 

I haven't seen evidence of any of that. If you hate him as a player that's another story. Based on your previous posts I think I know where you're coming from. Maybe it's time for you take a hike. 

You obviously haven't followed his career.

Maybe you should take a hike.

19 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

You obviously haven't followed his career.

Maybe you should take a hike.

I've followed it. He hasn't done anything unlawful. I mean going to a movie and being late for practice isn't a crime. They should have just fined him. And he's not inarticulate. And not stupid except sometimes on the field. But most people like you and like me aren't smart enough to understand an NFL offense let alone be one of only 32 starting Qbs esp in his rookie year. So Geno in real life is an intelligent person and smarter than most of us. I couldn't run an NFL offense and know all of the terminology like he does. 

I've followed it. He hasn't done anything unlawful. I mean going to a movie and being late for practice isn't a crime. They should have just fined him. And he's not inarticulate. And not stupid except sometimes on the field. But most people like you and like me aren't  smart enough to understand an NFL offense let alone be one of only 32 starting Qbs let alone in his rookie year. So Geno in real life is an intelligent person and smarter than most of us. I couldn't run an NFL offense and know all of the terminology like him. 

I didn't say he did anything unlawful.

He is, in fact, inarticulate.

And he's lazy, arrogant and irresponsible.

Archived