Geno wants out

jets rooter

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I think overall he knows his weaknesses. And that's why usually not too many mistakes and a continuity in the offense. Just too bad that wasn't the case week 17. Hopefully they learned from that.  One reason our D was so successful was that Fitz sustained drives and kept them off of the field. Unfortunately our D is still prone to giving up 3rd and longs. Including the first team D. 

I think the additions of reliable pass catchers, forte in particular will help the offense on 3rd downs and the improved punting game will help take pressure off the D. I think they were stretched pretty tough last year but benefitted by forcing a bunch of clutch turnovers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

I didn't say he did anything unlawful.

He is, in fact, inarticulate.

And he's lazy, arrogant and irresponsible.

Can't wait for him to be cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geno Smith is definitely bad at football, he is also shown signs of laziness, entitlement, arrogance and has proven to be irresponsible however that does not in anyway make him a bad human. He's generally hard to like but if was a good player we'd all ignore it.

25 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I think the additions of reliable pass catchers, forte in particular will help the offense on 3rd downs and the improved punting game will help take pressure off the D. I think they were stretched pretty tough last year but benefitted by forcing a bunch of clutch turnovers

You and others can complain (and rightfully so) about week 17 if you want to. But Bilal Powell was our best Rb down the stretch and a very important part of our late season O. Him being injured was significant. 

12 hours ago, ljr said:

We do know Fitzy, Brice & Hack have been hanging out together after practice & doing extra work ... Then getting socially together outside of practice as well.

Certainly Mac & Bowles talked to him about mentoring the kids and imparting his wisdom upon them this year in their negotiations 

my Fitzy speak comment was tongue in cheek ... But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if, in private, he was talking the kid up & building his confidence!

How do you know any of this? 

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

Well said!

12 hours ago, ljr said:

We do know Fitzy, Brice & Hack have been hanging out together after practice & doing extra work ... Then getting socially together outside of practice as well.

Certainly Mac & Bowles talked to him about mentoring the kids and imparting his wisdom upon them this year in their negotiations 

my Fitzy speak comment was tongue in cheek ... But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if, in private, he was talking the kid up & building his confidence!

Link? 

1 hour ago, ljr said:

Reread the whole thread chief !

1.  You have no clue that he wants out

2. You have no clue that any of them hang out off the field.

3.  Pretty much all a hope and a dream

4.  To many chiefs, not enough indians

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Do you realize that below was my quote you questioned

13 hours ago,  ljr said: 

1 ... Has nothing to do with my post.

2 ... Multiple posts in this thread point out I am right & you are wrong.

3 ... Reasonable to assume our GM & HC want Fitz to mentor the kids along ... & that this was also a part of why we wanted him back ... I would hardly term it "a hope & a dream"

4 ... See # 1 above 

14 hours ago, jets rooter said:

it is very obvious that Geno wants out.He looks like one unhappy camper.It would be best for both him and the jets to part ways.Let another team deal with this head case.

He always looks like he is sulking. From the draft day fall onwards. I wouldn't put any stock in it.

8 hours ago, ljr said:

You off your med's brother ????

you were actually the antagonist of the story when it was discussed earlier in this thread!

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Nice job Jet Nut jr has no clue about anything.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So who would have the better team the KC Chiefs or the Cleveland Indians??:)

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thank you!!!

Almost 4 pages of just out and out conjecture and an obvious excuse for some more bashing. 

Utter madness.......

8 hours ago, ljr said:

Do you realize that below was my quote you questioned

1 ... Has nothing to do with my post.

2 ... Multiple posts in this thread point out I am right & you are wrong.

3 ... Reasonable to assume our GM & HC want Fitz to mentor the kids along ... & that this was also a part of why we wanted him back ... I would hardly term it "a hope & a dream"

4 ... See # 1 above 

Starting to believe your own BS? 

Not one shred of proof that anyone hangs out socially.  And reasonable to assume the HC & GM would want something to occur as proof.  Pretty much the definition of hope and a dream.

And you know, actually as fact that Geno wants out because of the way he looks to you. That's proof.  

Lol, you believe this shlt?   You should have just left it alone and moved on to something else. 

Not one shred of proof that anyone hangs out socially.  And reasonable to assume the HC & GM would want something to occur as proof.  Pretty much the definition of hope and a dream.

And you know, actually as fact that Geno wants out because of the way he looks to you. That's proof.  

Lol, you believe this shlt?   You should have just left it alone and moved on to something else. 

Can't we just all concede this a fan board for OPINIONS and not a court of law where said opinions must be shown beyond a reasonable doubt in order to have merit? Cat we have a discussion without demands for proof, video, and other evidence?

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm too lazy to link but there are pictures of Decker, Fitz, Mangold and Petty hanging out, there are pictures of Marshall and Fitz hanging out, there are quotes about how often these players talk to each other, and I'm pretty sure there are pictures of Petty with defensive players hanging out. 

The one who is consistently absent but has a lot to gain from being with these guys is Geno. Add that to the lack of reaction to Geno getting decked last year and you have a reasonable assumption that Geno isn't the most popular guy.

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Can't we just all concede this a fan board for OPINIONS and not a court of law where said opinions must be shown beyond a reasonable doubt in order to have merit?

Opinions are great, we all have them.

He presented 2 things as fact though and I asked how he knows, where did he get his facts from.  Reasonable request. 

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I'm too lazy to link but there are pictures of Decker, Fitz, Mangold and Petty hanging out, there are pictures of Marshall and Fitz hanging out, there are quotes about how often these players talk to each other, and I'm pretty sure there are pictures of Petty with defensive players hanging out. 

The one who is consistently absent but has a lot to gain from being with these guys is Geno. Add that to the lack of reaction to Geno getting decked last year and you have a reasonable assumption that Geno isn't the most popular guy.

So if you don't see a picture of people hanging out, it never happens?  One picture of those guys out, minus Hack, at a Ranger game doesn't mean they hang together all the time.  Consistently absent would mean the others are consistently hanging out.  Something none of us would know.  You're just assuming off of one night.  Just as none of us know if Geno wants out or not.  

So if you don't see a picture of people hanging out, it never happens?  One picture of those guys out, minus Hack, at a Ranger game doesn't mean they hang together all the time.  Consistently absent would mean the others are consistently hanging out.  Something none of us would know.  You're just assuming off of one night.  Just as none of us know if Geno wants out or not.  

No one cares if Geno wants out or not.

He doesn't get to make that decision.

Cut this loser now.

2 hours ago, jfmckenna said:

No one cares if Geno wants out or not.

He doesn't get to make that decision.

Cut this loser now.

Apparently some did since they are saying he does.

Has nothing to do with him being cut or not.  

It might be time to say something more than cut him now though.

On 8/20/2016 at 11:04 AM, Bocajetfan said:

Agreed, but after watching the replay of the game Geno appeared ill prepared and lacking confidence. Its hard to argue the assumption.

I was a big Geno supporter after his first season as a starter and I defended him alot; but, he has done very little to earn my support since his 1st season.

I think that sh!t with IK last season, was a demonstration of complete immaturity on Geno's part - not that I think that IK was justified breaking his jaw, but, if Geno was mature and handled that situation properly, it never gets anywhere close to that point.

I'll tell you quite honestly, Geno looked like sh!t vs Washington - the kid has no confidence anymore.

If Petty is really coming on as many are saying (and honestly I have not seen much of either pre-season game thus far but I did catch some of the Washington game) I'd say cut Geno Smith.

Experienced back-up or not, at this point, he is bringing nothing to the table other than some discontent.

If Petty is coming along, I think he has more upside and probably a higher ceiling and I'd be o.k. entering the season with Petty as the back-up.

It probably won't happen because he is cheap insurance, but I think letting Geno move on to another organization is the right move at this point, he's just playing with no confidence & enthusiasm right now and in my opinion it REALLY showed against the Redskins from what I saw of the game.

We don't need Geno's negative mojo mixing into this team's chemistry now.

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I was a big Geno supporter after his first season as a starter and I defended him alot; but, he has done very little to earn my support since his 1st season.

I think that sh!t with IK last season, was a demonstration of complete immaturity on Geno's part - not that I think that IK was justified breaking his jaw, but, if Geno was mature and handled that situation properly, it never gets anywhere close to that point.

I'll tell you quite honestly, Geno looked like sh!t vs Washington - the kid has no confidence anymore.

If Petty is really coming on as many are saying (and honestly I have not seen much of either pre-season game thus far but I did catch some of the Washington game) I'd say cut Geno Smith.

Experienced back-up or not, at this point, he is bringing nothing to the table other than some discontent.

If Petty is coming along, I think he has more upside and probably a higher ceiling and I'd be o.k. entering the season with Petty as the back-up.

It probably won't happen because he is cheap insurance, but I think letting Geno move on to another organization is the right move at this point, he's just playing with no confidence & enthusiasm right now and in my opinion it REALLY showed against the Redskins from what I saw of the game.

We don't need Geno's negative mojo mixing into this team's chemistry now.

Inside joke "THROW IT TO BECHT"

Archived