Geno wants out

jets rooter

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Opinions are great, we all have them.

He presented 2 things as fact though and I asked how he knows, where did he get his facts from.  Reasonable request. 

Just seems a tiresome game of semantics. Let's just assume everything is an opinion and stop playing Internet Matlock. It's really, really boring.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glauber ranks Geno as the third best backup Qb in the NFL http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/bob-glauber-s-nfl-backup-quarterback-rankings-for-2016-1.12168590. I thought he was in the top ten maybe, but in all honesty after looking at this list I could barely put him in the top twenty. Which is good enough for him to make this team. Everybody says he has the experience but what if the experience is bad. Poor games and a winning percentage under 40%. It's something you have to consider. At some point you have to give somebody else a chance. I still want to see if he can resurrect this pre-season and show us what Bowles was talking about earlier in training camp. That Geno was light years ahead of last year. He unfortunately isn't. 

57 minutes ago, jgb said:

Just seems a tiresome game of semantics. Let's just assume everything is an opinion and stop playing Internet Matlock. It's really, really boring.

Tiresome?  Because it's Fitz?  I'll ask whenever I feel the need.  

Still never got an answer.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Tiresome?  Because it's Fitz?  I'll ask whenever I feel the need.  

Still never got an answer.  

Because no one comes here to footnote their opinions to your satisfaction. Doubt you'll find anyone here that accepts your little homework assignments.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Because no one comes here to footnote their opinions to your satisfaction. Doubt you'll find anyone here that accepts your little homework assignments.

I'll remember that next time someone asks me where I got something.  

Of course i just tell them.  Aren't so pissy that o think it's a bother to respond to a simple and reasonable request. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll remember that next time someone asks me where I got something.  

Of course i just tell them.  Aren't so pissy that o think it's a bother to respond to a simple and reasonable request. 

Pro tip: when you have to repeat a request over and over you're being ignored.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Pro tip: when you have to repeat a request over and over you're being ignored.

Unless of course you're making the point that the story is bullshlt that he made up.

Thanks for the tip though.?

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nice job Jet Nut jr has no clue about anything.

I'm sure "jr" was not an attempt to say me ... You and I had bonded over your I accept Geno s*cks spiritual awakening jw12 

On August 20, 2016 at 11:13 PM, Jet Nut said:

How do you know any of this? 

I'm sure it wasn't me you were saying didn't respond to you ... But if you did happen to mean this post that was lost in plethora of   Petulance That usually spreads from your appearance ... The answer is go back through the local NY camp articles

7 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I was a big Geno supporter after his first season as a starter and I defended him alot; but, he has done very little to earn my support since his 1st season.

I think that sh!t with IK last season, was a demonstration of complete immaturity on Geno's part - not that I think that IK was justified breaking his jaw, but, if Geno was mature and handled that situation properly, it never gets anywhere close to that point.

I'll tell you quite honestly, Geno looked like sh!t vs Washington - the kid has no confidence anymore.

If Petty is really coming on as many are saying (and honestly I have not seen much of either pre-season game thus far but I did catch some of the Washington game) I'd say cut Geno Smith.

Experienced back-up or not, at this point, he is bringing nothing to the table other than some discontent.

If Petty is coming along, I think he has more upside and probably a higher ceiling and I'd be o.k. entering the season with Petty as the back-up.

It probably won't happen because he is cheap insurance, but I think letting Geno move on to another organization is the right move at this point, he's just playing with no confidence & enthusiasm right now and in my opinion it REALLY showed against the Redskins from what I saw of the game.

We don't need Geno's negative mojo mixing into this team's chemistry now.

Love seeing the argument of "higher ceiling" for Petty over Geno. It's just desserts since that been literally the only argument that Genoids have been able to muster for 2+ years.

Another fan starts a speculation thread like and amateur psychologist and its taken like gospel.

Did Geno do an interview and hint that he wanted out or did the club announced Geno had requested a trade.

Did I miss something, because until I hear it from him or the Jets its all malarkey.

12 hours ago, ljr said:

I'm sure it wasn't me you were saying didn't respond to you ... But if you did happen to mean this post that was lost in plethora of   Petulance That usually spreads from your appearance ... The answer is go back through the local NY camp articles

So the answer is you're guessing, assuming or something else.  Because you no real idea whether this is true or not. 

As I said much earlier.

Another fan starts a speculation thread like and amateur psychologist and its taken like gospel.

Did Geno do an interview and hint that he wanted out or did the club announced Geno had requested a trade.

Did I miss something, because until I hear it from him or the Jets its all malarkey.

So the answer is you're guessing, assuming or something else.  Because you no real idea whether this is true or not. 

As I said much earlier.

You heard it folks no opinions allowed unless you have notarized affidavits by current members of the Jets staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You heard it folks no opinions allowed unless you have notarized affidavits by current members of the Jets staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's what you got out of all this you're either a shlt stirrer or stupid as they come. 

Find one instance where I said opinions aren't allowed.  Or that they need an affidavit.   Sorry you're having a hard time distinguishing someone asking if a statement is fact or an opinion.  Reasonable request to any sane person.  Wait, I already explained this to you but you felt the need to put yourself back in the middle again.  Who f'n asked you?  If you're going to call people out, became the fact check police find someone else to bother.  Grow up already.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If that's what you got out of all this you're either a shlt stirrer or stupid as they come. 

Find one instance where I said opinions aren't allowed.  Or that they need an affidavit.   Sorry you're having a hard time distinguishing someone asking if a statement is fact or an opinion.  Reasonable request to any sane person.  Wait, I already explained this to you but you felt the need to put yourself back in the middle again.  Who f'n asked you?  If you're going to call people out, became the fact check police find someone else to bother.  Grow up already.

If you don't want commentary from the peanut gallery, send a PM. 

On August 20, 2016 at 9:46 AM, jets rooter said:

it is very obvious that Geno wants out.He looks like one unhappy camper.It would be best for both him and the jets to part ways.Let another team deal with this head case.

Terrible title. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Im not the one who put out a call to all posters.  But now wants a PM.  

What an ass

If Mongo get angry when other make respond to him post, don't put him post in public place on board.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If Mongo get angry when other make respond to him post, don't put him post in public place on board.

Lol, you can't keep your opinion to yourself, you butt in, tell me how I can respond then broadcast to all.  After be told your completely wrong. Then tell me I'm angry?  Never get angry over an Internet bully telling all what to do.  Just an observation, you're a douche. 

In another thread you talk about people who can't admit when they're wrong.  Read it over, your the poster boy for just that type.  

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lol, you can't keep your opinion to yourself, you butt in, tell me how I can respond then broadcast to all.  After be told your completely wrong. Then tell me I'm angry?  Never get angry over an Internet bully telling all what to do.  Just an observation, you're a douche. 

In another thread you talk about people who can't admit when they're wrong.  Read it over, your the poster boy for just that type.  

Opinions are what make these boards interesting. The problem is that many posts that are put up here by folks,are represented as fact.

When the poster is then called out about how they are representing there opinion as fact, they often become a victim

of some kind of personal attack.

31 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Opinions are what make these boards interesting. The problem is that many posts that are put up here by folks,are represented as fact.

When the poster is then called out about how they are representing there opinion as fact, they often become a victim

And apparently others feel the need to jump on the bandwagon.

Keeps going at it, post after post.  Fun to see him getting crazy and not being able to leave it be.  

2 hours ago, fltflo said:

Thank God you are here to defend truth, justice, and the American Way.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Do you have any proof that you're not angry, or is it just your opinion? 

On August 21, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Rangers9 said:

Glauber ranks Geno as the third best backup Qb in the NFL http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/bob-glauber-s-nfl-backup-quarterback-rankings-for-2016-1.12168590. I thought he was in the top ten maybe, but in all honesty after looking at this list I could barely put him in the top twenty. Which is good enough for him to make this team. Everybody says he has the experience but what if the experience is bad. Poor games and a winning percentage under 40%. It's something you have to consider. At some point you have to give somebody else a chance. I still want to see if he can resurrect this pre-season and show us what Bowles was talking about earlier in training camp. That Geno was light years ahead of last year. He unfortunately isn't. 

Geno does not have the qualities of a good back up QB.  Anyone can be a back up but can they be effective in the role.  Geno's temperent doesn't fit the bill.  His personality is selfish, his actions are arrogant, his play is inconsistent and he lacks the ability to rally his teammates around the primary purpose which is to fight back and instill a shift in momentum. See the game last year in Oakland. Perfect opportunity for him and he totally botched it.  He was so bad Bowles put Firtz back in the next week with a steel brace around his thumb.  George Blanda was the ultimate back up QB.  Geno is the antithesis of this.  He lacks poise, is easily disturbed by the questions from the press, continues to put his foot in his mouth and is delusional. The guy has ZERO humility which is probably the biggest ingredient a viable backup must possess.  This was evident when the press questioned him about Fitz returning and Geno's smart azz remarks were Fitz isn't on this team, he's not my teammate.  Geno's biggest failure could be if he were to contribute as the back up.  I could see him turning it into a circus and making the FO look bad.  He is that selfish.  These 'reports' of his demeanor stem back from his days at W. Virginia.  He was not well liked there by the coaching staff or players.  His actions at the combine were further proof of his immaturity. He followed this up at draft day by firing his agent and brooding like a lil biatch the entire time.  And the stories as we all know in Jetland continue.  Geno is an entitled prima dona.  Why Mac continues to keep him on this roster is mind boggling.  He must undue this tragic mistake by Idziot. BTW, the title of this post is brilliant because the OP presents the obvious.  There doesn't have to be a decisive comment or byte proving it. Geno's actions, attitude and personality demonstrate this clearly. 5 star heading.

40 minutes ago, ljr said:

Maybe some GM has a kid with a Dung Beatle farm at home and will give up a conditional 7th to feed them

Geno will be the back up in Tampa next year.  And he'd be fortunate to land that job. Glennon will move on and Geno behind the the other rocket scientist QB Winston make a perfect pair.  

10 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Geno does not have the qualities of a good back up QB.  Anyone can be a back up but can they be effective in the role.  Geno's temperent doesn't fit the bill.  His personality is selfish, his actions are arrogant, his play is inconsistent and he lacks the ability to rally his teammates around the primary purpose which is to fight back and instill a shift in momentum. See the game last year in Oakland. Perfect opportunity for him and he totally botched it.  He was so bad Bowles put Firtz back in the next week with a steel brace around his thumb.  George Blanda was the ultimate back up QB.  Geno is the antithesis of this.  He lacks poise, is easily disturbed by the questions from the press, continues to put his foot in his mouth and is delusional. The guy has ZERO humility which is probably the biggest ingredient a viable backup must possess.  This was evident when the press questioned him about Fitz returning and Geno's smart azz remarks were Fitz isn't on this team, he's not my teammate.  Geno's biggest failure could be if he were to contribute as the back up.  I could see him turning it into a circus and making the FO look bad.  He is that selfish.  These 'reports' of his demeanor stem back from his days at W. Virginia.  He was not well liked there by the coaching staff or players.  His actions at the combine were further proof of his immaturity. He followed this up at draft day by firing his agent and brooding like a lil biatch the entire time.  And the stories as we all know in Jetland continue.  Geno is an entitled prima dona.  Why Mac continues to keep him on this roster is mind boggling.  He must undue this tragic mistake by Idziot. 

Do you have any proof of this? :ph34r:

Archived