These Pats injuries certainly helps our cause.

32EBoozer

www.profootballtalk.com

It’s not a great morning for injury news concerning the Patriots.

Running back Dion Lewis reportedly needs another surgery on his knee and Jim McBride of the Boston Globe reports that right tackle Sebastian Vollmer is likely headed to injured reserve. Vollmer is currently on the physically unable to perform list with an undisclosed injury.

The move wouldn’t mean Vollmer is out for the entire season as teams can bring one player back from injured reserve each season. A rule change this year means that they do not need to designate that player at the time he goes on I.R. as was the case in past seasons. The team could keep him on the PUP list, leaving him ineligible to play or practice for the first six weeks, so going the I.R. route might indicate they believe he’ll be out for a longer period of time.

Marcus Cannon has been at right tackle with Vollmer on the PUP list this summer.LaAdrian Waddle and Cameron Fleming provide further depth at the position.

McBride also reports that guard Shaq Mason, who did not play against the Bears,broke his hand and that there currently isn’t a timetable for his return to action. Josh Kline started at right guard against Chicago.

Dion Lewis would be a nightmare matchup for us. White isn't nearly as shifty & by the time we play the Pats in the 2nd half of the season, Lee should be up & running the way Rogers & Bowles expected.

You guys think our Oline is thin? Bradys greatness & the Refs protecting Brady have been masking that weakness for years. Jimmy G aint getting no Brady treatment in those 1st four games, especially with with how critical Kraft & Pats fans have been regarding deflategate of Goodell (Ceasar). I don't care what anybody thinks, Pats will have a rough 4 games without Ninkovic, Vollmer, Lewis. And they start out @ Arizona with no pass rush vs one of the only teams in this league that push the ball down the field with a capable QB & WRs with either size (Floyd), Speed (Brown), strength (Fitzgerald now in the slot), and a kickazz RB that can run you over or catch the ball out of the backfield in David Johnson. Plus Chris Johnson & Ellington are not chopped liver!

Im calling it now, opening game for Pats @ Arizona = worst loss since @ KC in 2014. Cards have absolutely nasty secondary & a very good offense. Pats have zero running game to protect Jimmy G & will have zero pass rush to keep Palmer from slinging it deep. In those 1st 4 games, Pats depleted Oline will be on their heels & I'll bet you they suffer more injuries because of it. It's a helluva lot easier smashing people in the run game, than constantly back pedaling & taking blows from blitzes passing the ball 75% of the time. Time will tell. 

This helps.  The patriots were decimated by injury last year, and by the time they played Denver were basically Brady + a walking emergency room across the board.  They were lucky to even make it to the semifinals frankly.

They have talent on their oline when healthy but as the final games last year showed, if u don't have consistency in personnel and keep changing players around due to injury, eventually you see breakdowns and even the great qbs can't make up for it forever.  

The way to beat Brady is by rushing 4 and dropping the rest in coverage, if our front can beat their Oline straight up, I like our chances.  Volmer is a big loss for them and was probably their best linemen, and when they lost Lewis last year they lost a great deal of their explosiveness and big play potential.

13 hours ago, Hael said:

This helps.  The patriots were decimated by injury last year, and by the time they played Denver were basically Brady + a walking emergency room across the board.  They were lucky to even make it to the semifinals frankly.

They have talent on their oline when healthy but as the final games last year showed, if u don't have consistency in personnel and keep changing players around due to injury, eventually you see breakdowns and even the great qbs can't make up for it forever.  

The way to beat Brady is by rushing 4 and dropping the rest in coverage, if our front can beat their Oline straight up, I like our chances.  Volmer is a big loss for them and was probably their best linemen, and when they lost Lewis last year they lost a great deal of their explosiveness and big play potential.

Plus Solder is a huge question mark to stay healthy. He's been battling back issues (he's a long & lean guy) now for awhile. As anyone who's had back issues knows it's really just a matter of time before you tweak it again. Imagine being an NFL tackle taking on Mo, Leo, Sheldon play after play. Cannon was Aldo hurt at one time. They have a bunch of guys that don't stay healthy.

It hurts the pats for those first 4 games. Gorapolo is going to need all the help he can get to have the pats at 500 when Brady comes back. After Brady is back all he needs is Edelmen and Gronk and he will be as dominate as ever. One rb and one linemen doesn't change the fact the dude will murder 99% of the league every given sunday.

23 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The only true benefit that I could see from any Pats injury is Rob Ninkovich. Dude dominates damn near everytime we play them. Dude has wrecked plenty of Jets drives single-handedly. 

I never celebrate injuries, but that is one injury that I will not cry a river over. 

Ninkovich is a Fitz killer.  He knows him like the back of his hand, so many batted balls

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:13 PM, Villain The Foe said:

The only true benefit that I could see from any Pats injury is Rob Ninkovich. Dude dominates damn near everytime we play them. Dude has wrecked plenty of Jets drives single-handedly. 

I never celebrate injuries, but that is one injury that I will not cry a river over. 

The Vollmer injury provides a benefit as well.  This pushes the versatile Marcus Cannon into the starting role,  He sucks at both guard and tackle, but is worse at tackle.  Whomever lines up across from him will have a monster game.

38 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

The Vollmer injury provides a benefit as well.  This pushes the versatile Marcus Cannon into the starting role,  He sucks at both guard and tackle, but is worse at tackle.  Whomever lines up across from him will have a monster game.

Pretending he won't be repeatedly allowed to tackle any DL opposite him to protect Brady? That's cute. 

2 hours ago, jdeacon said:

It hurts the pats for those first 4 games. Gorapolo is going to need all the help he can get to have the pats at 500 when Brady comes back. After Brady is back all he needs is Edelmen and Gronk and he will be as dominate as ever. One rb and one linemen doesn't change the fact the dude will murder 99% of the league every given sunday.

Picking up Bennett is going to be huge for them.   Brady is going to kill teams with that 2 tight end offense. 

15 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Pretending he won't be repeatedly allowed to tackle any DL opposite him to protect Brady? That's cute. 

If that is not the pot calling the kettle black.  The Patriots OL has nothing on the Jets OL.

Archived