A few notes from camp today (Aug 21st)

AFJF

Looks like the camp/twitter threads have died down but still a few folks that might want a bit of info on today.

A few random observations:

- Geno looked much better than he has over the past week or so.  Had one or two head-scratchers but no INT's or fumbles that I can recall.  

- Robby Anderson made a good catch on a Geno jump ball near the sidelines...was ruled out/pushed out but still a great job of going up to get it, and hanging on through contact.

- Peake has quicker feet than I thought he would...showed nice break on slant pass coming over the middle at one point.

- Didn't see any drops from Amaro

- Forte looked good.  Can't imagine he won't play vs. NYG.

- Qvale and Ijalana still rotating in and out.

- Fitz also looked very good.  Connected on several deep balls.

- Great day for Eric Decker.  Scored a few long TD's from Fitz, all 35+ yards.  Was held on two of them and still broke away from the defender to make the catch.

- Jalin Marshall almost pulled off the best catch of TC.  From deep inside the RZ, took a pass (from Fitz?) that was high and outside, leaped, while in mid-air, grabbed it with his right hand and pulled it back/pinned it to his helmet, a la David Tyree.  Momentum carried him out of the back of the EZ so incomplete, but worth mentioning.

- Burris got a lot of run with the 1's at CB 2.

- Leo had a couple of plays (again) where he blew up the blockers and applied pressure.

- More great instincts from Darron Lee...broke up a Fitz would-be TD pass in the EZ from inside the 5 yd-line...diagnosed/reacted immediately, dove and batted the ball down.

- Milliner was playing and looked very good for the most part..had a few PBU's.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Looks like the camp/twitter threads have died down but still a few folks that might want a bit of info on today.

A few random observations:

- Geno looked much better than he has over the past week or so.  Had one or two head-scratchers but no INT's or fumbles that I can recall.  

- Robby Anderson made a good catch on a Geno jump ball near the sidelines...was ruled out/pushed out but still a great job of going up to get it, and hanging on through contact.

- Peake has quicker feet than I thought he would...showed nice break on slant pass coming over the middle at one point.

- Didn't see any drops from Amaro

- Forte looked good.  Can't imagine he won't play vs. NYG.

- Qvale and Ijalana still rotating in and out.

- Fitz also looked very good.  Connected on several deep balls.

- Great day for Eric Decker.  Scored a few long TD's from Fitz, all 35+ yards.  Was held on two of them and still broke away from the defender to make the catch.

- Jalin Marshall almost pulled off the best catch of TC.  From deep inside the RZ, took a pass (from Fitz?) that was high and outside, leaped, while in mid-air, grabbed it with his right hand and pulled it back/pinned it to his helmet, a la David Tyree.  Momentum carried him out of the back of the EZ so incomplete, but worth mentioning.

- Burris got a lot of run with the 1's at CB 2.

- Leo had a couple of plays (again) where he blew up the blockers and applied pressure.

- More great instincts from Darron Lee...broke up a Fitz would-be TD pass in the EZ from inside the 5 yd-line...diagnosed/reacted immediately, dove and batted the ball down.

- Milliner was playing and looked very good for the most part..had a few PBU's.

Who ran with the #2's first Geno, or Bryce?

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Who ran with the #2's first Geno, or Bryce?

IIRC it was Geno...he definitely out-repped Bryce today with the 2's.  Complete 180 from last week in terms of playing time.

Thanks for the information as camp comes to an end 

This season was the first  year in 20+ years I didnt attend training camp for some reason fans who arent season ticket holders dont matter to the Jets 

I tried to register and each and every time was shut out 

In case anyone who works for the Jets reads this thanks a lot 

13 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Thanks Glenn. I was there with my kids today and I would have loved to meet you. 

I wish I would've known.  Are you there tomorrow?

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

This season was the first  year in 20+ years I didnt attend training camp for some reason fans who arent season ticket holders dont matter to the Jets 

Reminds me of the time the Jets won the division for the first time ever, several years ago, and offered an AFC East champion T-shirt. I ordered it on the first day, but it never arrived. Wrote in and asked what happened. Was told, "it's sold out." So it's pretty clear the Jets have an "F the non-STH" attitude. Welcome to the club of snubbed non-STH fans.

8 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Nope. Will be at the Giants game with my son. Enjoy the camp tomorrow. 

Gotcha...should be at Jets/Giants myself but will be buying tix a bit before kickoff.  

Be happy today wasn't as bad as last weekend with the 107 temp w/ heat index :)

Today was beautiful.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I heard something about losing the parking they had in the past to facilitate the crowds.  I still want them to come to Stony Brook, Long Island in the future. 

They have parking, LIRR access, a 8000 seat stadium, dorms, top quality weight training facilities and will have an indoor football field in tbe next year or so. 

Oh, and it's 7 miles from my house. :P

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Shocking the Jets did not want your crazy ass near the team 

good for them

4 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Absolutely not. What makes you think so?

14 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Reminds me of the time the Jets won the division for the first time ever, several years ago, 

1998 for one

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No offense, but why should they?    if they have x amount of tickets available STH's should get first shot.   No?

4 hours ago, ljr said:

1998 for one

Um, exactly. 1998 is in fact the very first year the Jets won the AFC East. And it's the year they offered an AFC East championship T-shirt for sale, which they never supplied after I ordered it on the very first day it was offered. I chalk it up to my not being a STH.

8 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Um, exactly. 1998 is in fact the very first year the Jets won the AFC East. And it's the year they offered an AFC East championship T-shirt for sale, which they never supplied after I ordered it on the very first day it was offered. I chalk it up to my not being a STH.

Several years ago turned out to be 18 years..LOL

Just now, Savage69 said:

Apparently to you it does to me it would be 3 or 4 but to each his own..:)

Fair point. But at the time I responded to joewilly's post I was not thinking particularly about when it happened, only the fact that his experience being snubbed as a non-STH seemed similar to mine,

1 minute ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Fair point. But at the time I responded to joewilly's post I was not thinking particularly about when it happened, only the fact that his experience being snubbed as a non-STH seemed similar to mine,

However if you said Joewilly was snubbed several times it probably would have been more like 18 ..;)

Archived