Belichick would cut or trade Geno, go with Bryce, right?

Jetsfanri

6 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

sure I will own that...I have seen enough of Geno and to be honest I wanted the Jets to draft Petty in round 2-3

oh and back when Geno was getting drafted I wanted Lacy and one of the QBs in round 4

Much respect to an Honest man .

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

OP makes point. Belichick seems unafraid of young QBs and doesn't mind inexperienced backups. Yes, it's easier if you have Brady but he got his chance because an unheralded 2nd year 6th Rounder Belichick named him the back up. Same thing happened with Cassel who turned out serviceable and played his way to relatively nice contract. 

I don't think the point is that Belichick is a genius for playing Brady but that "experienced backups" is an overrated concept.

Perhaps you said it better than I did. My point was exactly this, nothing more. 

6 hours ago, JetPotato said:

This thread is absurd even from the idea that Boston would have an African American QB to begin with.

Yup.  NE has to be the whitest team.  Just look at offensive skill positions:  Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Hogan... and then at RB because it is admittedly hard to find a good white guy, they have James WHITE.

Beyond that though, I seriously doubt Belichick would have spent 12mil on Fitz.  Maybe half that.

Belichick wouldn't have the first clue as to what to do.  He stepped in dogs!t when he was lucky enough to draft TB in the 6th round.  He hasn't looked back since.  When you combine winning the lottery by getting a HOF QB in Round 6 with copious and varied methods of cheating over the years (we're running out of "...-gates" by the way) then you get a guy who couldn't advise a mouse on how to escape a maze.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:54 AM, jgb said:

True. for all geno's faults he never murdered anyone.

Yet. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:01 AM, JetPotato said:

This thread is absurd even from the idea that Boston would have an African American QB to begin with.

a3c6626b7f6be6e5fd1f8033fc44a71a.jpg

Archived