Francessa At Jet Camp

KRL

1 hour ago, Nostradamus said:

If they keep 6 I like the idea of Marshall Decker Enunwa and the 3 rookies....I agree with Crazy Carl.  Why not keep all 3.  Ross is great too but I like the other 3 rookies better

Enunwa is concussed right now, lawd forbid Brandon or Decker go down and we would have a rookie trusted with moving the sticks for this offense.  I'd take Thompkins and 2 rooks and if we pick the right 2 rooks we would be golden.

36 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Enunwa is concussed right now, lawd forbid Brandon or Decker go down and we would have a rookie trusted with moving the sticks for this offense.  I'd take Thompkins and 2 rooks and if we pick the right 2 rooks we would be golden.

Thompkins is hurt too. This is the guy that only caught 40% of his targets from Brady. I'd rather give a rookie a shot than trust moving the chains to a guy you pretty much know can't do it. 

2 hours ago, Nostradamus said:

If they keep 6 I like the idea of Marshall Decker Enunwa and the 3 rookies....I agree with Crazy Carl.  Why not keep all 3.  Ross is great too but I like the other 3 rookies better

We run a spread and will go 4-5 wide constantly and Amaro looks like a bust so yeah I agree

cut Kellen Davis and keep an extra wr

52 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Offer a mid round pick to the lions for the rights to Megatron

3 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

If MArshall doesn't make the team then Ross will probably have to. Ross hasn't played badly. I think it will be a battle. 

Tompkins hopefully will get released either way since he will clear us up some cap space and I don't think he has the upside of the others.

Releasing Thompkins doesn't help with cap space, i believe his salary is guaranteed for this year.

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

Releasing Thompkins doesn't help with cap space, i believe his salary is guaranteed for this year.

According to Jason there is no guaranteed money.

Thank God. I would have been pretty disappointed in MAc for signing a 4th or 5th receiver to a fully guaranteed contract.  

On 8/23/2016 at 9:40 AM, Warfish said:

His take on the Geno/Petty situation was pure, distilled, tabloid media whore.  Say whatever it takes to get ratings/still passions.  Guy is suck a fake, it's amazing anyone buys into it, but :lolNewYorkSportsMedia: so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.  The absolute worst.

Think in these terms; Francesa became a media star before the internet really took off. He still gets what information he knows form a few insiders who throw him a bone(as below)  and whatever media he and his staff reads. But he himself is no genius. His takes on football and baseball are warmed over conventional wisdom. May be he still has some connections with college hoops, but sounds mostly like him kissing asses. He knows nothing about hockey and views soccer with contempt, both of which are really disgraceful for a sports radio host(digression; at some point soon soccer is moving up, whether the MLS gets serious or a Euro league moves teams here; MLS draws decent, friendlies here sell out, EPL is doing solid TV business, and MLB is BORING AND SLOW).  And when they began TV broadcasts of his show appeared that the local papers were open and on his desk. Now he has a computer screen  too. NOBODY watches all the game he pretends to watch. The guy has a gaggle of kids in LI; he is not planting himself in a den watching every game every day all night. It's physically impossible and his 2nd wife would be screaming HALF, MIKE! if he was that big a dick.   He will always appeal to some mostly older NY sports fans who have FAN on all day. But his act is old tired BS. If you have a working modem you can access what ever data he has too and probably more.The last story he broke was the Rangers firing Tortarella and he only got that because he is friends with Dolan, not because he is some great reporter. But if you are him, why not keep letting them overpay you for this ongoing fraud? 

On 8/23/2016 at 9:24 AM, KRL said:

To me Kenbrell Thompkins isn't a lock to make this team.  He doesn't play specials and
even though he made some nice plays last year I wouldn't risk losing Marshall, Peake
or Anderson to keep him

Agreed - especially at a significantly higher cap hit than any of those guys, in a year where the Jets are tight to the cap

On August 23, 2016 at 9:24 AM, KRL said:

To me Kenbrell Thompkins isn't a lock to make this team.  He doesn't play specials and
even though he made some nice plays last year I wouldn't risk losing Marshall, Peake
or Anderson to keep him

Agree, and Thompkins also saves them more money against the cap. He should not feel comfortable. 

Archived