Hackenberg to.. IR ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Pac said:

you should start a task force designed to once and for all put a stop to the unsavory practice of ripping off tags from mattresses.

took you all day and a dictionary for that pearl

good job..keep it up...you'll get there...or somehwere

Even petty wasnt so bad that you had to do this.  This is a total embarassment if the jets do this.  If he is this bad, we should have waited till the 4th or 5th rnd.  You have guys like prescott who are tearing up the league in preseason and this guy is so bad we might hid him on ir.

3 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

not going to get too deep into this on football forum but it is no wonder we have so much corruption in our society.

for that matter i could rob a bank and that would solve my financial issues.

Banks don't have very much money in them. It's all just numbers in a computer.

Banks loan out more money than they have. They just transfer the numbers over to another bank. As long as no more than 3% of their depositors try to withdraw their money at any given time they can invest 33 times more money than they actually have. 

The real money is in robbing customers. Not robbing banks. 

3 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

is it or is it not against the rules?

is the author telling everyone (and yourself) it is ok to break the rules?

who are the most influential audience of sports?

Driving home from work today I hit 57 or 58 mph at least twice , I feel so dirty 

4 hours ago, KRL said:

We are talking about football roster management here not real societal issues.  You jumped to an extreme here

When is a lie a lie, when someone else commits it ?  There's right and there's wrong, and then someone invented lawyers and gray . I don't do Gray, just right and wrong .

how does this benifit Hack.  By rule he cannot practice.  I know other teams have done it but with the ny media do you think it would fly under the radar.  We would still have the same problem with Hack next year.  How good is he

How many practice reps do you think he'd be getting during the season?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Banks don't have very much money in them. It's all just numbers in a computer.

Banks loan out more money than they have. They just transfer the numbers over to another bank. As long as no more than 3% of their depositors try to withdraw their money at any given time they can invest 33 times more money than they actually have. 

The real money is in robbing customers. Not robbing banks. 

Banks already robbing the customers - take it from someone in the know

Even petty wasnt so bad that you had to do this.  This is a total embarassment if the jets do this.  If he is this bad, we should have waited till the 4th or 5th rnd.  You have guys like prescott who are tearing up the league in preseason and this guy is so bad we might hid him on ir.

Is it at all possible for you to not be a moron for 5 minutes? Who was the fourth quarterback when Petty was drafted?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They wouldn't be cutting him and putting him on the IR, it would just be a straight IR designation right? No need for waivers.

How much practicing would he be doing in the regular season as the 4th QB? Not much at all, if any.

Pretty sure any player with less then 4 years accrued must go thru waivers on his way to IR

It's remarkable how Mehta and Cimini troll these message boards for their articles. I mean I guess I'd do it too. It's basically a free think tank for content. 

More like septic tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I looked it up. You're right. Wow. That's an insane rule. 

I remember a couple of years ago the Pats claimed a guy off Denver.  It caused a bit of a stir, because it's just one of those things that is seldom done.

Some GM's will though if they want a player for no compensation.

30 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I remember a couple of years ago the Pats claimed a guy off Denver.  It caused a bit of a stir, because it's just one of those things that is seldom done.

Some GM's will though if they want a player for no compensation.

If by some GMs you mean Belichick the douche, then you are correct.  

10 minutes ago, Xtina said:

So Devin Smith and Amaro made it through without getting claimed? 

Yep.  Like I said it's seldom done with an actually injured player.    If a QB with some value suddenly goes on IR with a phantom injury , If he gets claimed, the claiming team doesn't even have to put him on IR if he's not really seriously injured .

Dangerous game with a young promising player. 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Pretty sure any player with less then 4 years accrued must go thru waivers on his way to IR

Believe that's how Belichick got that Stanford running back. It's basically an unwritten rule not to do that, but it's the Patriots.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Yep.  Like I said it's seldom done with an actually injured player.    If a QB with some value suddenly goes on IR with a phantom injury , If he gets claimed, the claiming team doesn't even have to put him on IR if he's not really seriously injured .

Dangerous game with a young promising player. 

learn something new every day, thanks.

This is a stupid idea.  Hack needs the development, or is able to contribute now.  If not the latter, then the former takes precedence.  The worst would be just to hold off for a whole year with the second round pick.  Only way the FO does this is if they are already sure he sucks so bad they think he's going nowhere.

Seems like a lot of gyrations to go through just to keep Smith on the roster.

21 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

how does this benifit Hack.  By rule he cannot practice.  I know other teams have done it but with the ny media do you think it would fly under the radar.  We would still have the same problem with Hack next year.  How good is he

I kind of agree. Manish did make a pretty good point though. Once the season starts, if the Jets keep 4 QB's, how many reps is he really going to get anyway? Fitz will take the large majority of the reps, Geno will run the scout team, and Petty would pick up the scraps. What's there really for Hack to do? Gailey even said the Jets will probably be waiting until the offseason to start tinkering with his mechanics and stuff, the first year you have to let the guy do what brought him here.

The large majority of his work this year will come in the meetings, learning the offense, working in the Jets facility in the virtual room that Mehta mentioned. It's really not a terrible idea the more I think about it.

21 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

He can sit in on meetings, study film and work on his mechanics which is what is holding him back right now. His footwork is terrible which is why he is so inaccurate. He also could "occasionally" throw to WR's. I think its the best solution to a big problem. Would you rather have Hack inactive on game day or a guy like Robby Anderson, Charone Peake, Ross, or Jalin Marshall? Jets could keep eight WR's instead of seven if Hack is IR

Archived