Report: Jets Meeting with Karlos Williams

JetNation

mike maccagnan

By Glenn Naughton

Buffalo Bills beat writer/sideline reporter is reporting that the Jets are currently meeting with recently released Buffalo Bills running back Karlos Williams.

Williams was let go by the Bills just days ago after learning of a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy after a rookie season in which he rushed the ball 93 times for 517 yards, an average of 5.6 yards per attempt, en route to 7 touchdowns on the ground.

Should the two sides reach an agreement, Williams would join an already crowded backfield that includes running backs Matt Forte, Bilal Powell and Khiry Robinson.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
COev6Dqy7GE

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Averaged 5.6 yards per carry last season.  Only fumbled twice.  Caught 11 of 14 targets out of the backfield, 2 of them for TD's.  30.4 % DVOA, which would have ranked him # 1 in the NFL if he had a large enough sample size.  23 years old. 

Yeah, this is a no brainer to at least bring him in for a workout/meeting.  I'm surprised he cleared waivers.  Must be a really bad dude.  Friggin Florida State, right @JiF?

I know the dudes a bad man but so was Marshawn Lynch, how'd that work out for the Seahawks? Lol. We need a power back with Khiry still on the mend. This dudes like 270!....ok he's a bit overweight but we can get rid of Bohanon.

This would be a decent signing, although his recent issues worry me and he wasn't that great at FSU besides his one big year.  I would definitely bring him in, but would let him know he would have to earn making the team than a guaranteed contract.  

I would enjoy this move more for the hysterics of watching people go from "He's an amazing back, we have the best 1-2 running punch in the league" to "He's an over-weight McDonalds addict, and our defensive line should hold a burger so he runs right to them" posts.  

Karlos Williams has some serious talent.  Smokin' bowls and munchies isn't the worst offense out there.  But guys like Sheldumn Richardson, Gordon,  Martavis,  etc. usually slip up again.  The fact that the Bills cut him is pretty telling.

Wouldn't surprise me if they bring him on for defense. He played one year at running back at FSU. He played S/LB before that. Actually was the reason FSU won their bowl game his second to last year. Maybe sign him for specials and part time role on O amd D. Jack of all trades. Athletically very similar to Lee. 

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Karlos Williams has some serious talent.  Smokin' bowls and munchies isn't the worst offense out there.  But guys like Sheldumn Richardson, Gordon,  Martavis,  etc. usually slip up again.  The fact that the Bills cut him is pretty telling.

right? if the bills cut him...

Archived