Report: Jets Meeting with Karlos Williams

JetNation

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of this....I don't like bringing in a division rival's cast-offs, this feels like a "Rex" move IMO.

However, I'll digress to the front office & coaching staff....whatever they decide, I'm good with it either way.

I do know that we are really tight up against the CAP at this moment and RB is by no means a necessity right now.

as I mentioned elsewhere, this might also be Gailey banging the table for Karlos - in that can play on the LOS more naturally than any other back on the roster. It's within our universe of offense to have a single back who flexes to the line based on presnap reads. Powell and Forte are great receiving backs, but that's coming out of the backfield. Different than lining up against DB, which is what Karlos was at Florida State. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

as I mentioned elsewhere, this might also be Gailey banging the table for Karlos - in that can play on the LOS more naturally than any other back on the roster. It's within our universe of offense to have a single back who flexes to the line based on presnap reads. Powell and Forte are great receiving backs, but that's coming out of the backfield. Different than lining up against DB, which is what Karlos was at Florida State. 

hard to believe this dude played DB a few years ago... for FSU no less

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He'd be as much insurance for our WRs like Enunwa & Amaro as he would be in the backfield. 

IDK, what I hear about him, smarts wise, I doubt he could or would learn multiple positions.  Rex dumped him, that says a lot!!!

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Karlos Williams has some serious talent.  Smokin' bowls and munchies isn't the worst offense out there.  But guys like Sheldumn Richardson, Gordon,  Martavis,  etc. usually slip up again.  The fact that the Bills cut him is pretty telling.

I agree with this 100% Rex loves the ground and pound game if he doesn't think this kid is worth keeping on his roster after a solid rookie season then this kid has trouble written all over him.

35 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

IDK, what I hear about him, smarts wise, I doubt he could or would learn multiple positions.  Rex dumped him, that says a lot!!!

No, I don't mean he'd actually play WR or anything like that. I'm saying, if Amaro's struggles continue and something happen to Enunwa for example -- then a guy like Karlos can eat up those targets and touches with his versatility. At his best, he's a fairly versatile chess piece.

27 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

The Jets are like my wife

spend, spend, spend until theres nothin left

how u gonna pay for this one Macc? Geno, Breno, and Thompkins maybe?

If signing Karlos means that we will cut all three of those bums, then I'll roll out the red carpet for the guy at Florham Park.

I like it and hope the Jets can find a way to get him on the team. Forte is on the wrong side of 30 and really can't get 2 yards when you need it especially with our O line. Powell is brittle and we don't know what we have in Robinson. This is a young trying to figure it out. Keep him away from Sheldon Richardson and we have a player.

15 minutes ago, Harlemnite1 said:

I like it and hope the Jets can find a way to get him on the team. Forte is on the wrong side of 30 and really can't get 2 yards when you need it especially with our O line. Powell is brittle and we don't know what we have in Robinson. This is a young trying to figure it out. Keep him away from Sheldon Richardson and we have a player.

How is Powell brittle?

He had a nagging ankle last season, but he hasnt been brittle in my eyes.

4 hours ago, varjet said:

He is suspended for 4 weeks and works out.  He starts practicing now.  Someone will get hurt between now and week 4 of the season.

Smart move.

Agree. I like the move. Powell is only signed for this year, and contrary to a lot of folks around here, I don't consider Forte to be a slam dunk. Talented kid. Gets his head on straight, and it could be a great signing. 

8 minutes ago, Harlemnite1 said:

He is hurt every year.  He missed  4 games last year and only got in the endzone 3 times.

Alot of RBs are dinged up every year.

Other than his ankle last year and a seperated shoulder in his second year (I think), he hasnt had an over-abundance of injuries compared to NFL RBs.

Men gaining weight while the SO is preggers is a real thing. That said, he needs to be in shape to play NFL football.

I'd also like add that Jets fans love themselves some Bilal Powell. He's every bit of alright as far as NFL RBs go. Some think he's Walter Payton.

13 minutes ago, slats said:

Agree. I like the move. Powell is only signed for this year, and contrary to a lot of folks around here, I don't consider Forte to be a slam dunk. Talented kid. Gets his head on straight, and it could be a great signing. 

3 year deal for Powell wasnt it?

3 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

Anyone else get the impression this guy probably peaked last year? 

Yes.  JMO - I think we are not getting the entire story on Williams.  There has to be other reasons as to why the Bills let this great RB go.

Archived