Jets’ new era is quietly here: The embarrassing circus is over

Ken Schroy

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You said that you stopped reading the article because it 'equated injuries with a circus atmosphere' as if Rex Ryan sending Mark Sanchez out in the 4th quarter of a meaningless preseason game to receive a season-ending injury wasn't the epitome of "the Rex Ryan Circus".  It most certainly was.  Show me a more idiotic head coaching decision in the last decade.  I can't think of one.

SAR I

In regular season games, we would be up by 21 or down by 21 and REX wouldn't pull the starters with 5 minutes to go.  REX is a buffoon on personnel, a decent D-coach, terrible HC.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets succeeded despite Rex Ryan's coaching, not because of it.

I owe Rex a thank you?  More like a foot up his ass for blowing back-to-back Super Bowl appearances and ruining our franchise quarterback.  I suffered from 2011 to 2015, five long seasons, needlessly as he secured his second head coaching job by perpetuating this myth that he is some 'great' defensive coordinator.  He raped the Jets.  He's public enemy #1, makes Bill Belichick look like a saint.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

ruining our franchise QB lololololol 

55 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't like hypocrisy and occasionally I like to post about it.  That ok with you, chooch?

Fine by me.

Can you touch on why the use of "Advanced Stat" INT's, i.e. passes that woulda, coulda, maybe shoulda been INT's but weren't was such an active topic among Geno Smith supporters this last off-season when discussing Fitz, but since the start of Preseason 2016, where Geno has 1 actual INT and aprox. 4-5 "advanced stat" INT's, the topic of advanced stats has all but disappeared from those same Geno Smith supporters posts, along with an abject refusal to address the subject when it's raised.

Could you touch on that inconsistency of argument (which is the phrase you're looking for, not hypocrisy, just FYI).

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fine by me.

Can you touch on why the use of "Advanced Stat" INT's, i.e. passes that woulda, coulda, maybe shoulda been INT's but weren't was such an active topic among Geno Smith supporters this last off-season when discussing Fitz, but since the start of Preseason 2016, where Geno has 1 actual INT and aprox. 4-5 "advanced stat" INT's, the topic of advanced stats has all but disappeared from those same Geno Smith supporters posts, along with an abject refusal to address the subject when it's raised.

Could you touch on that inconsistency of argument (which is the phrase you're looking for, not hypocrisy, just FYI).

F U Trebek

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

When you have the proper people in place in a organization and the right perspective you can build sustainable success and that is exactly what Mac and Bowles are focused on.  They are not swayed by the fickle interest of the fans or the media.  Of course they realize they need to produce on the field but not just for today but for the future.   Hence the Hackenberg pick which so many media and fans got all worked up over.  The guy is the FUTURE.  We have Petty and Geno to battle it out for the right to step in if Fitz gets hurt or plays poorly.   

I have not been this excited to be a Jets fan since Parcells and in retrospect, he was so focused on winning right away that he blew our future (Payton Manning anyone?).  Mac and Bowles truly get it and it shows.

To me this is a follow up post to SARS above and can not be stressed to much. 

People were confused in the past with this team that making a good draft choice or two or acquiring a key free agent or two means that you had a plan and it doesn't.

Mac and Bowles to a lesser extent get the fact that a plan must in order for it to be successful must have multiple layers to it which includes and is not limited to, appropriate player acquisitions and development and proper cap management . 

For example acquiring Farve alone was no good if you only got him and had no quality young QB you were grooming. 

This group gets it. 

Petty and Hack may both end up sucking like Sanchez and Geno but it won't be because the organization didn't have quality players around them or failed to groom them but because they sucked and  that is all you can ask a quality organization to do which is give your team to win on a consistent basis. 

So I for one love the organization........ finally.   

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Those 2 "decent" years were a better run than anything you've seen in all the years you've followed the Jets.  You owe Rex a thank you, not your faux condemnation.

Don't be such a neighsayer, it's making you come up lame. In fact let me rein this in and hoof it outta here before this thread gets saddled with anymore of this.

24 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

To me this is a follow up post to SARS above and can not be stressed to much. 

People were confused in the past with this team that making a good draft choice or two or acquiring a key free agent or two means that you had a plan and it doesn't.

Mac and Bowles to a lesser extent get the fact that a plan must in order for it to be successful must have multiple layers to it which includes and is not limited to, appropriate player acquisitions and development and proper cap management . 

For example acquiring Farve alone was no good if you only got him and had no quality young QB you were grooming. 

This group gets it. 

Petty and Hack may both end up sucking like Sanchez and Geno but it won't be because the organization didn't have quality players around them or failed to groom them but because they sucked and  that is all you can ask a quality organization to do which is give your team to win on a consistent basis. 

So I for one love the organization........ finally.   

I dont see why all don't understand this.  Teams are built in the front office.  Teams of success (Giants, Pats, Steelers, Packers) all have had success with different players.  Winning or appearing in Superbowls in 3 decades, with totally different players.  They would never have brought in Plaxico, released Cotch, sat on their hand with Pennington for 6 years. Players come and go, employees come and go. Management is the big difference.  

Ravens knew not to hire REX. Flacco would be Sanchez under REX.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Quiet, no playoff victories. People laugh at them.

What good is making the playoffs if you cant win a game

The Bengals are quiet?  lol  Did you not see how they lost their playoff game? 

Besides, you have to be in it, to win it.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Fine by me.

Give it up already.

FM this trolling is painful 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Oh, you mean like getting his starting quarterback killed in the 4th quarter of a preseason game?

Name another big top clown who has ever pulled a stunt like that.

SAR I

Would really make sense is Sanchez was the starting QB.  He wasn't.  

Plenty of QBs have been injured in preseason games.  The quarter is pointless.  

The. Again you think Sanchez was a franchise QB.  What franchise is the question. 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I dont see why all don't understand this.  Teams are built in the front office.  Teams of success (Giants, Pats, Steelers, Packers) all have had success with different players.  Winning or appearing in Superbowls in 3 decades, with totally different players.  They would never have brought in Plaxico, released Cotch, sat on their hand with Pennington for 6 years. Players come and go, employees come and go. Management is the big difference.  

Ravens knew not to hire REX. Flacco would be Sanchez under REX.

Bingo!!!

Bumping up your post!!!

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:Would really make sense is Sanchez was the starting QB.  He wasn't.  

Plenty of QBs have been injured in preseason games.  The quarter is pointless.  

The. Again you think Sanchez was a franchise QB.  What franchise is the question. 

Sanchez outplayed Smith and was going to be named the starter. We all knew this. 

"The quarter is pointless"?  Yeah, if your first string OL is playing the 4th quarter you'd be right. But they don't. 

There's no defending Rex Ryan.  Worst head coach in Jets history.

SAR I

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Nobody's arguing that 7 years of Fitzs career is their teams best run.  

Are you saying that if Bowles and the Jets won the SB in year 1 Rex would still be better because he had a two year run at it? 

Your question isn't real.  Bowles didn't win the SB but Rex did have the best run we've seen in 40 years.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fine by me.

I've personally never used the advance stat nonsense to try and prove my point.  I live about an hour away from Orchard Park and watched Fitz crash and burn there much like he did in week 17 for us.  Pointing out the fact that last year was the first time a team he's QB'd has had more than 7 wins isn't an advanced stat.  Pointing out that he has a penchant to lob up back breaking INT's in key situations is not an advanced stat.

I've seen plenty of hypocrisy, inconsistency, blasphemy, and tom foolery from posters the last couple months so any one of those words would have worked, just FYI.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Don't be such a neighsayer, it's making you come up lame. In fact let me rein this in and hoof it outta here before this thread gets saddled with anymore of this.

If I actually posted every time I saw something I thought was nonsense I'd never get work done.  I ready every day..  I only post a couple times a week.

If it makes you feel better I 100% believe everything I'm saying.  I'm not doing this to play super contrarian. 

7 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Fun prediction from The Herd.

Cowherd just gave his season predictions.  Had the Jets at 9-7 and the 6th seed.  

Based on his predictions, our road would be...

1st round vs Raiders.

2nd round vs Colts.

3rd round vs Pats.

Sign me up for that.  Out West and in a dome the first two rounds helps hide Fitz's weak arm.  Then NE in late January would just be a no holds barred battle.

I think people are sleeping on the Texans 

31 minutes ago, Pac said:

If I actually posted every time I saw something I thought was nonsense I'd never get work done.  I ready every day..  I only post a couple times a week.

If it makes you feel better I 100% believe everything I'm saying.  I'm not doing this to play super contrarian. 

Look you can keep jockeying for position on this but I think you're only going to spur yourself.

The Texans will go as far as Brock Osweiler can take them.

He is the X-Factor and while he has had some success as a starting QB, his body of work is pretty small.

So you're blaming shrinkage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've personally never used the advance stat nonsense to try and prove my point.  I live about an hour away from Orchard Park and watched Fitz crash and burn there much like he did in week 17 for us.  Pointing out the fact that last year was the first time a team he's QB'd has had more than 7 wins isn't an advanced stat.  Pointing out that he has a penchant to lob up back breaking INT's in key situations is not an advanced stat.

I've seen plenty of hypocrisy, inconsistency, blasphemy, and tom foolery from posters the last couple months so any one of those words would have worked, just FYI.

All of this is true. And do you know what Jets fans call a QB exactly like that? "Upgrade."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Rex Ryan era lasted 7 years, only the first 2 were decent.  He wasted half-a-decade of our lives with his awful player personnel decisions and on-field mistakes.

And Rex's greatest achievement-  playoff win at Foxboro-  we can't even enjoy because it occurred a week before the most brutal loss in our history at Pittsburgh. You knew right there we were done and Rex was over, but no, we had to hold onto the clown and let the circus continue for 5 more years.  Just awful.

SAR I

Agree 100%.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sanchez outplayed Smith and was going to be named the starter. We all knew this. 

"The quarter is pointless"?  Yeah, if your first string OL is playing the 4th quarter you'd be right. But they don't. 

There's no defending Rex Ryan.  Worst head coach in Jets history.

SAR I

Sanchez cost the Jets too many games and lost the lockerroom the year before when he was finally pulled by Rex.  He was done here, his replacement was in place.  

No the quarter is pointless when you're a scrub QB who's play isn't good enough to dictate that he plays early, not late.  Late in games is when the backups play.  Has nothing to do with defending anyone.  No HC would have given Sanchez the starting job and first in position off his history.  

Mark was as bad as a QB could be by the end of his Jets career.  

4 hours ago, Pac said:

Your question isn't real.  Bowles didn't win the SB but Rex did have the best run we've seen in 40 years.

Never heard of a hypothetical situation....

and the Rex era was the best to you, that's fine.  I'd say when you look at how we were looked at, what his legacy was it wasn't. 

Archived