Pats Trade Center Stork to Redskins

Warfish

7 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Goddamn the Redskins are dumb. Traded a pretty good pick for a guy that probably would've been cut. 

Meh, I think they did it to ensure they'd get him with waivers and all that. We did that with Fitz. 

10 minutes ago, peebag said:

read on CBSsports that he was contemplating on retiring.....

Saw that from Schefter too if I'm not mistaken.  'Skins must be bummed...you know they were counting on this guy being able to deliver.

8 hours ago, jett said:

Meh, I think they did it to ensure they'd get him with waivers and all that. We did that with Fitz. 

If I were an NFL GM, I think my first rule of thumb would be not to trade with the Pats.  A few years ago when they had real talent on the team, they were collecting high picks for talented but older players on the downsides of their careers.  Now that there's less talent in NE, they're trading trash for lower level picks.  They pawned Ryan Mallett off on Houston for about what they got for Stork who got beat out by an UDFA, has anger management issues, and has had a series of concussions.:rolleyes:  It seems like even some NFL execs buy into the myth that if NE drafts a guy, he must be good.

28 minutes ago, HDKostempski said:

.:rolleyes:  It seems like even some NFL execs buy into the myth that if NE drafts a guy, he must be good.

They drafted well when Pioli was managing the draft...

so far Bellicheats "Grocery List" is Food Bank quality(expiration date passes quickly).

I agree with you.... teams should realize there's a reason Pats are dumping a player.

And because they always cheat, you'll never get full disclosure about injuries, suspensions, sexuality or intellect.

59 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

They drafted well when Pioli was managing the draft...

so far Bellicheats "Grocery List" is Food Bank quality(expiration date passes quickly).

This is just baseless Belichick bashing.  Pioli's last three drafts for the Patriots (2006-2008) were just horrible.  Their drafting improved dramatically (with great picks such as Gronk, Edelman and Collins outside the 1st round and only 1 first round bust) once he left for KC. 

13 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Goddamn the Redskins are dumb. Traded a pretty good pick for a guy that probably would've been cut. 

Per NFL.com it was for a conditional 7th round pick. I'm sure the Pats get nothing if he retires or doesn't play a certain amount of games. So not really sure how 'dumb' the move is. 

11 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

This is just baseless Belichick bashing.  Pioli's last three drafts for the Patriots (2006-2008) were just horrible.  Their drafting improved dramatically (with great picks such as Gronk, Edelman and Collins outside the 1st round and only 1 first round bust) once he left for KC. 

With the trading of Stork, only Garoppolo and one other player are left on the Patriots' roster from their 2014 draft.  When only 2 draftees make it to opening day of their third NFL season, that's god awful drafting no matter what kind of excuses fans make.   NE has been drafting poorly for quite a while.  They've gotten by because they've had lots of draft picks from trading away vets and because they've gotten lucky with some of the players they've traded for, namely Moss and Welker.

We'll see how trading for Cleveland's 2013 first round bust, OLB Barkevious Mingo, works out for the Pats.  The Brownies have been trying to peddle him since last season with no takers before the Pats finally offered up a fifth rounder.  

1 hour ago, HDKostempski said:

With the trading of Stork, only Garoppolo and one other player are left on the Patriots' roster from their 2014 draft.  When only 2 draftees make it to opening day of their third NFL season, that's god awful drafting no matter what kind of excuses fans make.   NE has been drafting poorly for quite a while.  They've gotten by because they've had lots of draft picks from trading away vets and because they've gotten lucky with some of the players they've traded for, namely Moss and Welker.

We'll see how trading for Cleveland's 2013 first round bust, OLB Barkevious Mingo, works out for the Pats.  The Brownies have been trying to peddle him since last season with no takers before the Pats finally offered up a fifth rounder.  

When 3 of the best players in the NFL have been added to your roster in the last 7 years via the 2nd round or lower, that's good drafting no matter what kind of excuses fans of other teams make.  

52 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

When 3 of the best players in the NFL have been added to your roster in the last 7 years via the 2nd round or lower, that's good drafting no matter what kind of excuses fans of other teams make.  

So, if my math is correct.... Lil' Bill is getting 1 good player every 2 drafts!!

Smh..only on a jets board will you find amother team fans claiming another GM doesnt draft well, when they are just two years removed from a SB win the same year they traded one of their better lineman...

Oh yea..n all your crying about holding...how many holding penalties did Mankins racked up in tampa bay?

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:46 AM, AFCEastFan said:

Save your breath.  Belichick could have a draft were every player becomes a HofFer and JN would be..."He sucks as a GM."

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

Save your breath.  Belichick could have a draft were every player becomes a HofFer and JN would be..."He sucks as a GM."

Except that Belichick hasn't even come close to doing that, and that's the point that's been made.  Some fans -- and apparently some football execs -- think that if NE drafts a guy then he "has" to be good even though all evidence points to the contrary.  The legend of Ryan Mallett's excellence is only exceeded by the legend of Jimmy Garoppolo's, although Garoppolo does look legendary, at least in preseason, compared to Mallett. 

nice try cheatahs, lol

Center Bryan Stork failed his physical with Washington, nullifying the trade with New England. Stork has had four concussions, though it's uncertain if that was the reason he failed.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

nice try cheatahs, lol

Center Bryan Stork failed his physical with Washington, nullifying the trade with New England. Stork has had four concussions, though it's uncertain if that was the reason he failed.

Belicheat at his best.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

nice try cheatahs, lol

I read Stork has anger management issues. Effects of repeated concussions / TBI's. Look what it did to Chris Henry.

Belicheat tried to sell Wasington damaged goods. What a focking creep.

Archived