Geno the # 2 QB vs Giants

jetfan39

Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

I do not think they are cutting Geno. If they have any thought of cutting Geno then they have to give petty the very important reps against the Giants.  

Its not a one game tryout for Geno, he is the #2 and will start the season that way. Petty and Hack won't be getting any practice reps all season.  It's such a waste. 

Yeah. This has all the makings of one of those years where you're really stuck keeping all 4.

But if I HAD to choose one, I'd roll the dice with fitz-petty-hack. Geno has Saturday night plus the most useless 4th preseason game to force their hand into keeping all 4. If he sh*ts the bed once again, the CS and Mac will have some very tough decisions to make with this roster having quite a few very promising youngsters.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Funny thing is your just like my 17 yo daughter, you did not get it when I started that thread and you don't get it now. 

I can tell you the board has been much better lately and mostly it's from mods removing some posters. It's also because others don't post 100 times a day.  No one wants to read a board where a poster posts that much No matter what their position. 

I commend your 17 year old for understanding at a young age what doesn't make much sense. 

Please give her a high 5 for me please? :lol:

There's 2 people that want the Jets to win more than me and everyone else here.  Bowles and Macc. There are in on the team meetings, all the practices and every other aspect of the team and players on the Jets squad. They see more than we do and frankly are smarter than all of us when it comes to who should go where and when. With that said they are going with Fitz as the starter and Geno as backup for week 3 preseason. Whether that changes between now and game one remains to be seen. I have my opinions like everyone else here. But I trust this coaching staff to make the best decisions to put this team in the best position to win. My opinion is to go with Fitz, make Geno or Petty #2 and put Hack either on the PS or IR. It's apparent that he needs alot more development than anticipated. Hack has seen 0 snaps in preseason and probably won't see any time. Maybe some against Philly.

52 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cleveland gives him a tryout.  He'd make a semi-logical #3 backup to RGIII, and the cost (at that point) is minimal.....if they think he really still has  upside.

Most logical place is Miami.   Seems to play very well in his his hometown.   

Archived