Alvin Garrett's Super Bowl Ring

Doggin94it

SB Ring 1.jpg

Very cool story - got this email from someone in my networking group who works in the jewelry business:

28 years ago a member of the 1982 Washington Redskins (who won the Super Bowl) sold his Super Bowl ring.  This ring must have been bouncing around for almost 30 years.  By some fluke, someone sold it to my neighbor here in the exchange, a gold refiner.  He sold it for the scrap value of $680.  By a bigger fluke, later that day I was talking to my neighbor as he was kind of picking through the scrap they bought that day, and we both noticed this big monster of a ring with an incredibly large finger size.  Long story short we contacted the Redskins, they were able to contact the player and he contacted me.  He couldn’t believe that we had it.  It was damaged and the center of the ring was missing and he asked me if we could restore it.  This was the result.  We shipped it out today and tomorrow he gets it back after almost 30 years…

Before and after pics from the email (though I'd bet the "after" pic is a stock pic of the 82 ring, given the background)

SB Ring 3.jpg

SB Ring 2.jpg

Archived