Willie Colon wants to play again

jbt

10 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Is a 10 yard holding penalty that much worse than a QB hurry/hit/sack?  

Nope. I'd take a ten yard penalty over Fitz being pressured to throw a pick, or blown up and injured, and having to watch or backup go out there, whoever that might be.

As frustrating as Colon might be, the best player should play. And right now, that might be Colon. I have zero faith that Winters is gonna magically become good, and little faith that any of the other young guys are ready, or will ever be ready, to take over.

3 hours ago, jbt said:

has been training.  would you want the jets to sign him?

He does also have experience at RT, which is what he was drafted as, although he is definitely a better OG. It couldn't hurt as a depth move. I'm not so sure I would start him in the place of RG Winters or RT Ijalana/Qvale at this point. If he can prove he is healthy and still has something in the tank, and the team is struggling at one of those positions down the road, they could do worse.

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

I mean Winters sucks, so does Willie plus he's another year older/slower.  But yeah he's better than Dozier IMO and could even compete for a starting spot.

It's probably telling that 31 other teams don't think he's worth a roster spot at the vet min.

EMzckRPC_normal.jpg Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73)
Bowles on most improved players in #Jets camp: Buster Skrine and Brian Winters.

10 hours ago, jbt said:

has been training.  would you want the jets to sign him?

There are 29 other teams he should go sign with. So far we are down to one penalty killer on the line and that is Brian Winters. Having Breno on the PUP list and Colon retired our chances improve immensely.

12 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yes, if it means keeping our QB upright. Cut Winters and there's no problem.

The Winter of our discontent. Another Idziot blunder. Go Willie, Go Cardinals......Willie went to my high school. Sign that road grader Mac!

Archived