***Jets Giants official Game Thread*** Teh Snoopy Bowl

Smashmouth

Kickoff is set for Saturday, Aug. 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET from MetLife Stadium.

Watch on TV

New York Metro Area: WCBS-TV, Channel 2
Broadcasters: Ian Eagle (Play-by-Play), Greg Buttle (Analyst) and Otis Livingston (Sideline).

(The game will re-air on NFL Network on Sunday, Aug. 28 at 7:30 a.m. ET and Tuesday, Aug. 30 at 1:00 p.m. ET.)

Watch Online

Jets Fans in the United States Can Watch Every 2016 Preseason Game Live on NFL Game Pass.

International Jets Fans Can Also Watch Every 2016 Preseason Game Live on NFL Game Pass.

Full replays of every NFL Preseason Game are also available On Demand to NFL Game Pass subscribers.

Listen

New York Metro Area: WEPN-FM, ESPN New York 98.7 FM and Online
Broadcasters: Bob Wischusen & Marty Lyons

Jets en Español Radio: ESPN Deportes Nueva York 1050 AM
Broadcasters: Clemson Smith-Muñiz & Oscar Benitez

Radio Affliliates

Albany NY: WTMM-FM 104.5 FM
Ocean, NJ: WCHR-GM, 105.7 FM
Rochester, NY: WHTK, 107.3 FM/1280 AM

Follow

Live Play-by-Play, Stats & Updates All on the Jets Official Mobile App.

Remember ELI .... Warning some Images may be graphic.

eli-manning-hit-e1324658570342.jpg

image.JPG

146905045.jpg

This is what happens when you play the Jets !!

greg-buttle-05.jpgIf you thinks he's bad now .....

Buttle has become a comedy show lets hope he has more for us this week because you know the Jets "Reek with Depth" on the DL

Have fun and lets torch the Giants.

Go Jets !!!

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Can't wait to see Miliner cover Cruz. Should be interesting. 

oh boy

pre season sucks, but I love that these guys have so much pressure on them to succeed.

I know coaches review film and sometimes guys look bad because someone else wasn't doing his job, but how they play, while handling this internal pressure,  can be very telling.

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Hell of an official thread @Smashmouth !

Hoping I get to hear Eagle and Buttle tonight for once this preseason.  I know you guys loathe him but trust me, if you had to deal with the other teams "guys" you would be begging for this tandem!!

LETS GO JETS!

I want to see no missed tackles tonight!

LOL. Same here. I will be watching on KODI tonight.

Other than QB, we need to watch these position battles

Brent Qvale vs Ben Ijalana at Right Tackle (although both will likely make the team)

Wes Johnson  vs Dakota Dozier at C (both could make the team)

Robby Anderson vs Charone Peake at WR

Jalin Marshall vs Jeremy Ross at KR

Lawrence Thomas vs Shelby Harris for a possible roster spot 

Freddie Bishop vs Mike Catapano at OLB

Darryl Morris vs Dexter McDougle at CB

I want to see a FAST start by both the offense and defense !!!

Want to see what Forte will bring, sort out the wide receiver position, special teams continue to improve, find out who is going to be paired with Revis, want to see the offensive and defensive lines work well and lastly see what improvement Geno has made!

Geno has not shown ANY improvement and I can't, for the life of me, see why he is backing up Fitz and still on this roster (I know he is the only backup with NFL experience BUT) !

3 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Hell of an official thread @Smashmouth !

Hoping I get to hear Eagle and Buttle tonight for once this preseason.  I know you guys loathe him but trust me, if you had to deal with the other teams "guys" you would be begging for this tandem!!

LETS GO JETS!

I want to see no missed tackles tonight!

Feel bad giving a minus ... Buttle is horrendous though 

7 minutes ago, Schmidt said:

I want to see a FAST start by both the offense and defense !!!

Want to see what Forte will bring, sort out the wide receiver position, special teams continue to improve, find out who is going to be paired with Revis, want to see the offensive and defensive lines work well and lastly see what improvement Geno has made!

Geno has not shown ANY improvement and I can't, for the life of me, see why he is backing up Fitz and still on this roster (I know he is the only backup with NFL experience BUT) !

Only my interpation of why Geno is backing up Fitz is that to my eye Petty has shown more. Geno is being given every opportunity to show why he deserves to be the backup. It's sink or swim for Geno. Just my thought. Whoever wins out will have deserved it.

42 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Other than QB, we need to watch these position battles

Brent Qvale vs Ben Ijalana at Right Tackle (although both will likely make the team)

Wes Johnson  vs Dakota Dozier at C (both could make the team)

Robby Anderson vs Charone Peake at WR

Jalin Marshall vs Jeremy Ross at KR

Lawrence Thomas vs Shelby Harris for a possible roster spot 

Freddie Bishop vs Mike Catapano at OLB

Darryl Morris vs Dexter McDougle at CB

Well said ... I don't think it's a battle ... But also interested to see how Millner &'Skrine perform in the #2 / #3 CB spots when we go Nickel

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Anyone going to game tonight?  i'm bringing my daughter to her first Jet game.  Going to get there a bit early so if there's tailgating going on, lemme know :)

Yes, I'll be there.

If you can't find a tailgate, she'll really like the stuff for the kids on the plaza once you're in the stadium.  They should have the bounce house, the obstacle course, football toss, cheerleader photos, etc.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Yes, I'll be there.

If you can't find a tailgate, she'll really like the stuff for the kids on the plaza once you're in the stadium.  They should have the bounce house, the obstacle course, football toss, cheerleader photos, etc.

SAR I

Thx SAR.  Is that stuff mainly for little kids?  She's 13, and definitely too big for bouncy houses.  Where are you sitting?  We are in a block of seats from our school and I'm not even sure where they are yet but I'll check shortly.

Just now, nycdan said:

Thx SAR.  Is that stuff mainly for little kids?  She's 13, and definitely too big for bouncy houses.  Where are you sitting?  We are in a block of seats from our school and I'm not even sure where they are yet but I'll check shortly.

Yeah, LOL, sorry....thought she was younger.

I'm up in the Verizon mezzanine corner, report back to this thread and we'll see if you wind up near me.  As for things to do with a 13 year old, probably best to take her to the large gift shop on the main plaza and let her pick out some clothes and stuff, not much geared for her age group.

One thing that she may like-  the ushers on the lower level are really lenient when the gates open, they'll let you and your daughter go down to the first row field level to watch the players warm up, see the pregame announcers film their pieces, etc.  If you're at the stadium by 6:15 go to the 50 yard line marker in the perimeter and walk through the large food court.  It'll put you at the steps up to the 100 level seats.  Tell an usher it's your daughter's first game, they'll let you down to the first row to watch the action feet away from the players until 7:00 at which time the warmups are over and they'll ask you to head to your own seats.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, LOL, sorry....thought she was younger.

I'm up in the Verizon mezzanine corner, report back to this thread and we'll see if you wind up near me.  As for things to do with a 13 year old, probably best to take her to the large gift shop on the main plaza and let her pick out some clothes and stuff, not much geared for her age group.

One thing that she may like-  the ushers on the lower level are really lenient when the gates open, they'll let you and your daughter go down to the first row field level to watch the players warm up, see the pregame announcers film their pieces, etc.  If you're at the stadium by 6:15 go to the 50 yard line marker in the perimeter and walk through the large food court.  It'll put you at the steps up to the 100 level seats.  Tell an usher it's your daughter's first game, they'll let you down to the first row to watch the action feet away from the players until 7:00 at which time the warmups are over and they'll ask you to head to your own seats.

SAR I

Cool...if traffic is not awful we might just make it.  And now that Brett Favre is a distant memory, I guess I can let her get near the players :)

Okay...found the tix.  Section 341.  Same side of field as Verizon gate (closer to Pepsi) but up a ways.  That's what you get when you get them through a school fundraiser I guess but it's all good.  Used to go once a year to MIA game but haven't been now in about 4 years so will be nice to get back into the swing.

Archived