Damn Romo can't stay healthy out 6-10 weeks let the Dak Prescott era begin!

ARodJetsFan

Just reported on NFL network....an MRI revealed a fractured vertebrae in his back after taking a big hit during Dallas's pre-season game vs the Seahawks.

I think it's time for Romo to hang up his cleets before the guy winds up paralyzed for life.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tony-romo-mri-reveals-broken-bone-in-back-out-6-10-weeks/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tony-romo-mri-reveals-broken-bone-in-back-out-6-10-weeks/

Tony Romo MRI reveals broken bone in back, out 6-10 weeks

The season hasn't even started yet and the Dallas Cowboys have already seen their starting quarterback get injured yet again. Jason Garrett announced on Saturday that Tony Romo had an MRI taken of his back after sustaining an injury on the third play of Dallas' third preseason game on Thursday night, and the MRI revealed a broken bone in Romo's back.

According to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora, Romo is expected to miss 6-10 weeks.

Backup QB Dak Prescott will presumably take the snaps for however long Romo is out.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Good luck Dak Prescott has already looked better in the preseason than Geno has ever looked. 

I didn't say Geno would start. Their 3rd string QB is a rookie as well. They'll be looking to make a move for a veteran that's why I said what I said. And anybody who thinks success in the preseason means anything is misinformed IMO. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I didn't say Geno would start. Their 3rd string QB is a rookie as well. They'll be looking to make a move for a veteran that's why I said what I said. And anybody who thinks success in the preseason means anything is misinformed IMO. 

You're right. It means nothing for a player to look good in the preseason. They should all look like the scrapings off your shoe after a walk in a dog park like Geno. Nobody wants Geno. He's a proven failure. 

That could have been Fitz's job if Mac had decided to continue with his stupid ultimatum to Fitz. Thankfully he and Woody backed off and did the logical thing. As it is it was seven wasted months. When the first string Qb could have been working out with the first string offense. The thing with Dallas is their second string Qb Kellen Moore also got injured. It could open the gates for a more proven Qb in a trade with Dallas or even a guy like Geno Smith. Prescott was a good college Qb but a UFA. He could just prove that trading major assets for the top rated Qb in a draft is a crock. There's plenty of talent and the measurables aren't as important as they claim they are. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Surround a mediocre QB with stars and thats what happens

Finally you understand. Hopefully Petty will pass mediocre and keep going. Until Fitz all our other QBs have been stuck at bad, and then regressed from there.

Mediocre is a God sent around here. 

Actually another guy who could go to Dallas could be Mark. Elway probably won't cut him but would trade him. There is even a rumor that he could end up no. 3 on the Denver depth chart.  Elway had to give up a conditional 7th round pick to get Mark but not sure if Sanchez is cut if he has to give up the pick. It would be a good move for Dallas because Mark is probably the best Qb who might be available in a trade. If handled right Mark does not have to be a disaster. He can be a game manager but you don't give him the entire Romo playbook. 

57 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Trade them Fitzpatrick for next years #1 

I guess getting on that "Fitz bandwagon" you talked about and wishing him well didn't even make it to pre-season game week 3 kickoff.  Shocking.

Archived