Robbie Anderson: The Next Victor Cruz.

Mecca

Seriously.

- When I went up to Florham Park a few weeks ago, I noticed a frail #83 with the 2's. Didn't think much of him at first. Until he literally found himself open every play and never dropped a ball. He was literally our best offensive player in camp.

Pre-season game #3 almost in the books and he's scored in every game thus far

With his slight frame, he's perfect in the slot. I'm LOVING him in this offense.

5 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Seriously.

- When I went up to Florham Park a few weeks ago, I noticed a frail #83 with the 2's. Didn't think much of him at first. Until he literally found himself open every play and never dropped a ball. He was literally our best offensive player in camp.

With his slight frame, he's perfect in the slot. I'm LOVING him in this offense.

LoL

14 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Seriously.

Cruz is smaller and has (had?) a lot more wiggle.

37 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Cruz is smaller and has (had?) a lot more wiggle.

Idk they had similar results on the wiggle test.

You're also not wrong. Anderson looks like an outside guy while Cruz at his peak is an elite inside guy.

29 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Did they?  A 6'3" guy is usually not going to be as quick as a 6'0" guy.

Anderson is a slot guy right now because of his slight frame.

And yes, he's incredibly quick. Don't look at his measurements to judge. He was a track star in high-school. He runs a 4.3

3 hours ago, Mecca said:

Anderson is a slot guy right now because of his slight frame.

And yes, he's incredibly quick. Don't look at his measurements to judge. He was a track star in high-school. He runs a 4.3

I don't think a "slight frame" makes you a slot guy. In today's NFL, a slight frame is going to be a drawback at any WR position, but particularly in the slot. That said, Anderson does seem to be doing well despite his build.

30 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Yup looks to me like Anderson makes the 53 and Peake goes to the PS.  A good problem to have for a change.  

Both have to be on the 53. Jalin Marshall has a better chance of getting through waivers than either of Peake or Anderson

I would be shocked if he doesn't make the 53, but does he play specials ?  that is usually a tie breaker in these WR deals

fwiw worthy is listed ahead or marshall, ross and peake on the very unofficial depth chart and he showed ST skills last night

thompkins is the x-factor, if they keep him the jets will wind up cutting 2 camp stars, and this place will go nuts, lol

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

I would be shocked if he doesn't make the 53, but does he play specials ?  that is usually a tie breaker in these WR deals

fwiw worthy is listed ahead or marshall, ross and peake on the very unofficial depth chart and he showed ST skills last night

thompkins is the x-factor, if they keep him the jets will wind up cutting 2 camp stars, and this place will go nuts, lol

I think this place is always nuts...no matter who they cut half the forum will cry and half will cheer and by regular season game 1 we will all accept it and find something else to complain about.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

They're going to expose the guy they started with the first teamers last night, is what you're saying.

Robbie Anderson was the outside starter and Peake has shown more this preseason. I think Peake gets picked up off waivers before Marshall does, tho I think Marshall's skill set is more valuable to this team right now.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

In my personal opinion J.marsh, Anderson and Peake need to be on this squad. Thompkins does NOT have the ceiling these kids have. All that said, Thompkins does have the veteran presence....but he likes to drop important passes too, so there's that.

Thompkins has no chance of making this team. None.  He's a low-ceiling vet with no ST value on a significantly more expensive short-term contract than 3 young, inexpensive, high-upside and cost-controlled players getting serious run with the starters during preseason.  He's also injured and hasn't shown much during camp when healthy.

If you tried to engineer a worse situation for a guy trying to make a team, I don't think you could do it.

I think they'll keep Peake and maybe Ross. Too many drops for J. Marshall. Both him and Anderson to the PS. Ross because of his experience and he's a more proven ST player and return man. But the guy I like so far is Anderson. I just think he can clear waivers and Peake wouldn't. But if they keep Anderson over Thompkins I won't complain. 

4 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Marshall 

Decker

Enunwa

Peake

J Marshall

Anderson

Ross

All of the above make the 53. 

I am guessing it will be either J Marshall or Ross, but not both.  Drops in the first two and the fumble last night have not helped J Marshall's cause.  May try to get him onto the practice squad.

I am guessing it will be either J Marshall or Ross, but not both.  Drops in the first two and the fumble last night have not helped J Marshall's cause.  May try to get him onto the practice squad.

I think you're ultimately right, but not for week 1. Remember, the jets get to keep a 54th player out of camp since Sheldon is suspended. I think they keep jalin for a week and then drop him after week 1, when there's less chance other teams pick him up

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think they'll keep Peake and maybe Ross. Too many drops for J. Marshall. Both him and Anderson to the PS. Ross because of his experience and he's a more proven ST player and return man. But the guy I like so far is Anderson. I just think he can clear waivers and Peake wouldn't. But if they keep Anderson over Thompkins I won't complain. 

Anderson will not last 5 minutes on the practice squad. He caught another td and  was open all night. Cutting him would be an idiotic move. 

15 hours ago, Mecca said:

Seriously.

Next Jerry Rice

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Thompkins has no chance of making this team. None.  He's a low-ceiling vet with no ST value on a significantly more expensive short-term contract than 3 young, inexpensive, high-upside and cost-controlled players getting serious run with the starters during preseason.  He's also injured and hasn't shown much during camp when healthy.

If you tried to engineer a worse situation for a guy trying to make a team, I don't think you could do it.

I agree the young guys have outplayed Thompkins and should make the team before him.  The problemis that significantly more expensive contract is fully guaranteed 

Archived