Thoughts on Hackeburg?

Freemanm

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I love Rotoworld:

Paxton Lynch completed 6-of-13 passes for 57 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions in Saturday’s preseason game.

He recorded one yard on four rushing attempts, though two were kneel-downs. It was a tepid effort for Lynch, who missed an opportunity to put distance between himself and Mark Sanchez, who is on the bubble. Lynch got off to a nice start by completing his first four passes but limped to the finish with seven misses over his last nine throws. To be fair, Lynch was playing with backups and the Broncos used a run-heavy approach featuring Devontae Booker and Ronnie Hillman. Lynch's longest completion came on a 17-yard screen to Booker. Lynch has shown flashes during preseason play but Trevor Siemian remains the odds-on favorite to start Week 1 against Carolina.

Christian Hackenberg completed 6-of-16 passes for 105 yards with one touchdown and one interception in Saturday's preseason game.

Hackenberg's debut performance showed exactly why he's buried on the team's depth chart. The second-round pick got hot for a stretch with four straight completions on a fourth-quarter touchdown drive but was a non-factor the rest of the night. He threw an ugly interception in his own end zone late in the fourth quarter to set up the Giants' game-winning drive and also took an inexcusable delay of game penalty. It was an uninspiring effort for Hackenberg, who is destined to spend his rookie year glued to the Jets' bench.

Unreal the amount of hate this kid gets....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did we expect from Hack?  I was surprised even even played so I was happy when he entered the game.  He led a scoring drive, great!  He looked bad the rest of the way, no surprise.   He's a project and now that he got his feet wet hopefully he can review his game film and learn where he made his mistakes.  I'm sure he will play vs Philly and then it's study, study, study.  

11 hours ago, mkajet01 said:

S

Geno doesn't throw down field because he's scared! Did u just say that? & u want this pussy on your team? I bet u think browning Nagle can play

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Nice hijack of a thread on how Hackenburg looked.  Enough with Geno Smith already! We get it, he sucks; happy now?

with the new CBA and one a day practices, overall offensive play takes longer to become crisp.  what we used to see in the 3rd preseason game now takes the 1st regular season game and so on

this offense wont look crisp until about week 3 considering the bengals and bills defenses.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

All our QBs stunk up the joint last night if we are going to critical of Geno lets be fair with all of them 

Really?

The Geno train has left the station.  I was a proponent of Geno getting the first reps, but he has checked out, and it is time the Jets just cut ship and move on.  Pick up another guy who can be reliable as a number 2.  This team needs to cut ties with this guy.

Hackenburg looked fine. 

I thought he looked good and don't really blame him too much for that pick. They should have called a running play in that situation. Just asking for trouble calling a pass play with a rookie in that field position. We'd have probably won the game if not for that call. The bottom line is if he actually plays this year to have a run based offense and not put the pressure on him to complete passes all of the time. But he can throw the ball. 

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought he looked good and don't really blame him too much for that pick. They should have called a running play in that situation. Just asking for trouble calling a pass play with a rookie in that field position. We'd have probably won the game if not for that call. The bottom line is if he actually plays this year to have a run based offense and not put the pressure on him to complete passes all of the time. But he can throw the ball. 

In what world do you see the Jets with their O-line, and group of RB's being a successful running team?  This O-line couldn't help Barry Sanders in his prime.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

In what world do you see the Jets with their O-line, and group of RB's being a successful running team?  This O-line couldn't help Barry Sanders in his prime.

I think we are going to miss Ivory's yards after contact. I see a lot of swing passes to Forte this year and a less in between the tackles running

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

On that one play they should have run the ball. It was too much to ask Hack to throw a ball in that situation. As for the O-line I don't think the first stringers are bad. And they should be able to do the job this season. 

49 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I love Rotoworld:

Paxton Lynch completed 6-of-13 passes for 57 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions in Saturday’s preseason game.

He recorded one yard on four rushing attempts, though two were kneel-downs. It was a tepid effort for Lynch, who missed an opportunity to put distance between himself and Mark Sanchez, who is on the bubble. Lynch got off to a nice start by completing his first four passes but limped to the finish with seven misses over his last nine throws. To be fair, Lynch was playing with backups and the Broncos used a run-heavy approach featuring Devontae Booker and Ronnie Hillman. Lynch's longest completion came on a 17-yard screen to Booker. Lynch has shown flashes during preseason play but Trevor Siemian remains the odds-on favorite to start Week 1 against Carolina.

Christian Hackenberg completed 6-of-16 passes for 105 yards with one touchdown and one interception in Saturday's preseason game.

Hackenberg's debut performance showed exactly why he's buried on the team's depth chart. The second-round pick got hot for a stretch with four straight completions on a fourth-quarter touchdown drive but was a non-factor the rest of the night. He threw an ugly interception in his own end zone late in the fourth quarter to set up the Giants' game-winning drive and also took an inexcusable delay of game penalty. It was an uninspiring effort for Hackenberg, who is destined to spend his rookie year glued to the Jets' bench.

i never read rotoworld. which retard wrote this anyway?

13 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

The good news? hack didn't look like the guy that "couldn't hit the side of a barn."

the bad news? Not one of our QBs looked like a guy that could help the defense overcome our brutal schedule in 2016

The real good news? It's preseason....

12 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Granted he's playing against guys who most likely will never get starting time this season. That said, I was definitely surprised at how much zip he has on his throws and with his accuracy. Also, Petty and Smith did not look sharp at all, although it's only one preseason game. Does Hack have a shot at #2?

I just look at the throws. Does he get them in here.  What i have been reading is that he has trouble with the short quick throws and I saw a small amount of that.  The plays that take a little longer to develop---he was right on those. In fact, I think Sudfeld should have caught that last one that might have put them in field goal range.  Not an easy catch, but a;as, Sudfeld is Sudlfeld.  The kid made a good release under a lot of pressure falling backward on that play.  The INT was dumb stuff, that I have seen Fitz do a number of times.  Gotta pick up those linemen when they drop and fill the middle.  Gotta avoid short over the middle throws in the shadow of your own goalpost.  But he throws nice..

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

Idk if I'd say he fell apart. He was given the ball on the 2 yard line behind a scrub oline and almost no practice. 

...and no running game. Jets are thin at quality RB's. Hack did a decent job in his first outing considering the circumstances. He will compete for a job here next season. The Jets will probably get OL and RB picks in the draft or FA marketplace. The Swiss cheese OL last night made you think Osi was still on the Giants.

No way will they risk the franchise with this OL. RG and C were glaring, gaping holes in pass protection with Hack in the game. RT looks good in pass protection. Jets had issues running to that side though with every QB behind the line. Shell had issues with pass protection from LT.

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Geno and Kaep both threw for 14 yards this week. Petty for 59. 

You're wrong, as usual. 

Petty was inaccurate the first two series then seemed to pick it up.  I think Bohannon is an idiot.  I think he turned the wrong way.  I marvel that slow, dumb Bohannon is still here, in truth.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

Idk what you guys expect. It was his first game play in the nfl ever with barely any practice reps. He led the team to a td and made that drive look almost effortless. Then he was put into tough situations and had some adversity. He didn't look overwhelmed at all and he made some nice throws and also some bad throws. Given the circumstances and lack of experience and reps I'd  say he did fine. If you expected anything more than this you are delusional

and he had really low level protection

He was not a disaster on the field and showed a lot of talent. It was really good to see him and it is not out of the equation that he could end up being activated sometime this season. If there are injuries, etc. If guys like Prescott can play then why not him. 

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

agreed ... and Geno had the worst performance of them all ...

hamburger was playing against 4-5th stringers... but showed promise.

Ask yourself this question if Geno threw a pick 6 or threw a int to ice the game what would the rhetoric have been about his game. Yet Petty and hack did .those two things and people still call out Geno as having the worst performance .  :lol:

12 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

...and no running game. Jets are thin at quality RB's. Hack did a decent job in his first outing considering the circumstances. He will compete for a job here next season. The Jets will probably get OL and RB picks in the draft or FA marketplace. The Swiss cheese OL last night made you think Osi was still on the Giants.

No way will they risk the franchise with this OL. RG and C were glaring, gaping holes in pass protection with Hack in the game. RT looks good in pass protection. Jets had issues running to that side though with every QB behind the line. Shell had issues with pass protection from LT.

The ball was deflected.  It was a rotten play call.  The ball was deflected by a position player who is almost never in that position during a play.  I hated the call but the pick was understandable--especially for a rookie in his first appearance.  I have seen veterans do that a dozen times.  Hack was okay.

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ask yourself this question if Geno threw a pick 6 or threw a int to ice the game what would the rhetoric have been about his game. Yet Petty and hack did .those two things and people still call out Geno as having the worst performance .  :lol:

You don't know what the difference is? Really?

37 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I think we are going to miss Ivory's yards after contact. I see a lot of swing passes to Forte this year and a less in between the tackles running

Just wait till Khiry Robinson gets his chances. I think he'll impress as our "thumper".

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I know exactly what the difference is - but I won't say it on this board. 

Why can't you say that one is a 4th year player with 2 years as a starter and the other 2 have never played in a regular season game? 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

how does a guy with tiny hands throw a spiral ?

based on the camp tweets I was expecting a disaster, but the kid can throw. he has a smooth delivery.  good size.  liked the way he handled the huddle

just super inconsistent and needs to learn a lot.  I think next year he could push to start with fitz and probably geno gone

Actually the way the NFL measures hand size is ludicrous as it does not take into account finger size at all. In the piano world I have what is called "russian hands" which are short fingers but a large palm and almost perpendicular thumb. On the NFL scale I have like 10.5+ hands but I can barely hold on to a football. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just wait till Khiry Robinson gets his chances. I think he'll impress as our "thumper".

forte had a lot of inside runs last night, he is no ivory but he is no lightweight either

do you know robinsons status ?  I have been looking forward to seeing him

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Really?

The Geno train has left the station.  I was a proponent of Geno getting the first reps, but he has checked out, and it is time the Jets just cut ship and move on.  Pick up another guy who can be reliable as a number 2.  This team needs to cut ties with this guy.

Hackenburg looked fine. 

I'm on the verge of just wanting the Jets to ditch both Geno and Petty - and somehow get McCown in here...  

but regardless, Geno was asked to make what, 2 passes? he first series was run run run...(where Petty was asked to pass pass pass)...  I didn't like him much, but some of you folks seem to be blind to the obvious. There was NO meaningful assessment of Geno going on last night by our CS. He merely trotted out there for the sake getting a few live snaps. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Of this, there can not be any doubt. 

However, neither of those ints bothered me that much. Petty might've been better served throwing the ball away when it was obvious the jints had the screen sniffed out, but it also really looked like the RB ran the wrong way there. That and Hack's pick both came on tipped balls. Tough breaks, really. 

Hack's TD drive was impressive, especially after opening with two incompletions and a delay of game penalty. He regrouped, and looked great. A couple of those passes look a little wobbly, but he's clearly got a big time arm connected to that little hand. 

37 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Racist!

Love when racists like 56Mehl come on here and show their true colors.

Pathetic !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Mehl's the racist. Nice catch. 

Archived