Thoughts on Hackeburg?

Freemanm

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PS17 said:

Hack has had minimal (almost zero) reps this training camp, so for him to come in and march the team down 80 yards down the field effortlessly on his first drive, I was extremely impressed. He went through progressions, had serious zip on the ball, and was more accurate than I expected. Keep grooming him and he may well start week 1 of next season.

i saw him go through his progressions, it was impressive.  don't really see geno do this.

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ask yourself this question if Geno threw a pick 6 or threw a int to ice the game what would the rhetoric have been about his game. Yet Petty and hack did .those two things and people still call out Geno as having the worst performance .  :lol:

Geno has been in the league for 4 years and has 32 career regular season starts under his belt.  He has no business playing sh*tty against backups. The bar just keeps getting lowered and lowered for Geno these days.  Enough already. 

Geno has been in the league for 4 years and has 32 career regular season starts under his belt.  He has no business playing sh*tty against backups. The bar just keeps getting lowered and lowered for Geno these days.  Enough already. 

I wonder why the bar keeps getting lower.

Hmmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah not sure Geno appreciates the type of defense that compares him to a project 4th string QB that has been in the league for 5 minutes

I'm on the verge of just wanting the Jets to ditch both Geno and Petty - and somehow get McCown in here...  

but regardless, Geno was asked to make what, 2 passes? he first series was run run run...(where Petty was asked to pass pass pass)...  I didn't like him much, but some of you folks seem to be blind to the obvious. There was NO meaningful assessment of Geno going on last night by our CS. He merely trotted out there for the sake getting a few live snaps. 

How many tests to you need to run on a dog turd to assess it?

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ask yourself this question if Geno threw a pick 6 or threw a int to ice the game what would the rhetoric have been about his game. Yet Petty and hack did .those two things and people still call out Geno as having the worst performance .  :lol:

Are you for real?  Two of them have ZERO NFL game day experience and one of them has 2+ years of it.  It is much more condemning if Geno messes up in a pre-season game than if Petty or Hack does at this point in their careers.  You are comparing green, unripened apples, to an orange that should be fully ready at this point. 

Are you for real?  Two of them have ZERO NFL game day experience and one of them has 2+ years of it.  It is much more condemning if Geno messes up in a pre-season game than if Petty or Hack does at this point in their careers.  You are comparing green, unripened apples, to an orange that should be fully ready at this point. 

Man what if Geno had been an astronaut I bet people would be criticising his lack of enthusiasm on space walks. The Geno hate must stop!

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Actually the way the NFL measures hand size is ludicrous as it does not take into account finger size at all. In the piano world I have what is called "russian hands" which are short fingers but a large palm and almost perpendicular thumb. On the NFL scale I have like 10.5+ hands but I can barely hold on to a football. 

How does all that translate into ..well... your manhood? :)

Maybe Slats can tell us.

12 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Your hero sucks.

That's gotta hurt.

You're in such a mad rush to trash Geno at every turn that you don't even recognize who's agreeing with you. 

31 minutes ago, Dcat said:

But Geno didn't mess up last night and he's still getting blasted .

I might do a breakdown later this week on him, because there is not much to write about last night's game, lol, but here are some initial thoughts

-He showed decent understanding of the play set up with his audibles at the line.

-The maddening inability to complete screen passes showed up again, although one was the RB's fault.

-Definitely has arm strength, and showed good touch on the TD.

-His mechanics are exactly the same, throwing flat footed (on the completion to Anderson on the sideline), although we heard about that earlier.  

-He seemed over-whelmed at first, but calmed down

-He has the same problem as Sanchez/Geno, locks into WRs across the middle without seeing the middle linebacker.  This is an issue that popped up in college too I believe.  

He's a project, not someone that is going to step in and do much this season.  Once the playbook part is handled, they have to work on his delivery, especially out of the shotgun.  He forgets to use his lower body at times, which impacts accuracy a great deal.  

34 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

But Geno didn't mess up last night and he's still getting blasted .

Look, the only way Geno isn't Fitz's back-up ahead of Petty/Hack is if Dallas gives us a 2017 pick or a player who would help us now for him.  Otherwise the team will carry all 4 QBs this season.  So people can blast away.  WHat they say is irrelevant.  Geno will be the backup and in the event Fitz is sidelined, I will root for him.  This will be Geno's last year with the Jets. 

6 hours ago, jack48 said:

Petty was inaccurate the first two series then seemed to pick it up.  I think Bohannon is an idiot.  I think he turned the wrong way.  I marvel that slow, dumb Bohannon is still here, in truth.

Agreed, Petty didn't come out and look stellar like he did the past 2 weeks. He improved as he went though... and yes, Bohannon's ability to stay on the roster is a mystery to me.

Geno is a four year vet ... and his story is over.

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Agreed, Petty didn't come out and look stellar like he did the past 2 weeks. He improved as he went though... and yes, Bohannon's ability to stay on the roster is a mystery to me.

he does a lot of things wrong, does not gain yardage when he gets the chance, and cannot block

Your hero sucks.

That's gotta hurt.

Yes it is devastating to me

I think you're old enough to find less juvenile ways to get your point across. 

You overestimate me clearly

7 hours ago, elgoman said:

He has elite arm strength and goes through progressions well, but he didn't look good against pressure. In an actual NFL game he would  face far more pressure and make more mistakes. This is why he is 3rd string.

Well that tends to happen when you are given hardly any reps in practice.  Not to mention that the focus with this player is 2017 and beyond.  There can be no proper analysis of his ability until he gets the reps necessary and that won't be this season (barring several injuries).    Based upon all the above I think he played well. Not without some mistakes, but well nonetheless. 

On August 27, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Giants are a very bad team and the Jets lost, Hack was under 50% vs scrubs, played as expected based on his Big Ten performance

Despite what people say, w-l doesn't matter because it's preseason. That said, there some second stringers who regressed. Petty was one of them. Milliner just looked like a fool when he got turned around by a scrub receiver on that TD toss. 

Hack, I thought, was better than expected given his situation

1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

Despite what people say, w-l doesn't matter because it's preseason. That said, there some second stringers who regressed. Petty was one of them. Milliner just looked like a fool when he got turned around by a scrub receiver on that TD toss. 

Hack, I thought, was better than expected given his situation

Maybe we can agree to disagree on the win "why you play the game" :) but my point was that the Jets did not play to their potential vs a historically bad vaGiant team (not good)

On Hack we can agree, he had a good drive and nice touch on that TD pass, I just think "we" as Jets fans should give the kid time to develop before judging him, he is ~7 months removed from a brutal college career and considering the investment (2nd), he should enjoy the time to develop instead if being thrown to the wolves like Sanchez and Geno

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Maybe we can agree to disagree on the win "why you play the game" :) but my point was that the Jets did not play to their potential vs a historically bad vaGiant team (not good)

On Hack we can agree, he had a good drive and nice touch on that TD pass, I just think "we" as Jets fans should give the kid time to develop before judging him, he is ~7 months removed from a brutal college career and considering the investment (2nd), he should enjoy the time to develop instead if being thrown to the wolves like Sanchez and Geno

I totally agree regarding Hack. I actually was surprised by how much zip he had on his passes and his accuracy. His judgment and mechanics need a lot of work, hence your point on him needing time to develop. All in all, I was pretty happy with his performance given what stage he's at right now. 

What about Milliner though? He looked foolish on that TD pass. Is that a big sign of regression or should we let it slide?

11 hours ago, Freemanm said:

What about Milliner though? He looked foolish on that TD pass. Is that a big sign of regression or should we let it slide?

Dee is in a bad spot, drafted to replace Revis (not a recipe for success)  and still basically a rookie from an experience point of view, he came from a good program in bama but the injuries did not help and the kid was doomed from the start thanks to Idzik

Archived