Jets scouting department

sirlancemehlot

Something odd is happening with this team. Where once it was top heavy...all talent up front but thin in depth and competition, it's becoming more balanced. At WR your looking at Peake, Anderson, Jalin Marshall, and Ross all fighting for a spot. Linebackers ate fighting for spots. Three QBS are fighting for spots. Kickers, running backs etc.  There's depth and competition on many levels. And I have to hand it to the scouting department. There seems to be talent popping up everywhere. Gives me faith that tight end and OL will get addressed with the coming cuts. It seems to me the acouts, for the first time on a long time, are ahead of the curve. 

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Also I'm terrible at typing. 

We expect a modified post tomorrow from you minus the spelling errors. We are deep at your position so otherwise we will have to cut you.

7 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Something odd is happening with this team. Where once it was top heavy...all talent up front but thin in depth and competition, it's becoming more balanced. At WR your looking at Peake, Anderson, Jalin Marshall, and Ross all fighting for a spot. Linebackers ate fighting for spots. Three QBS are fighting for spots. Kickers, running backs etc.  There's depth and competition on many levels. And I have to hand it to the scouting department. There seems to be talent popping up everywhere. Gives me faith that tight end and OL will get addressed with the coming cuts. It seems to me the acouts, for the first time on a long time, are ahead of the curve. 

If there's something strange in your neighbor hood Who Ya gonna call? Mac/Bowles!

Agree that the scouting department house cleaning was needed, very dificult decisions due to the people impact, so credit to Mac and the vision for improving results

I think it will take more time to fix  the OL, maybe next year, maybe two and TE will follow along with CB's (Burris looks great for a 7th round pick)

13 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Agreed except that we don't have our QB yet (possibly Hack will be that but let's see). 

10 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

They've done a great job, but we are still in desperate need of CB and OL.

Oline will be numero uno this offseason. Jets will be in a great position cap wise if Petty can supplant Fitz, that's 12 million! David Harris is a goner next year, that's another 10 million. 22 mill right there to go after a top Olineman & draft a couple more. I'm curious to see what big name FA lineman will be available. 

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Oline will be numero uno this offseason. Jets will be in a great position cap wise if Petty can supplant Fitz, that's 12 million! David Harris is a goner next year, that's another 10 million. 22 mill right there to go after a top Olineman & draft a couple more. I'm curious to see what big name FA lineman will be available. 

Honestly, if Hack progresses well, I can see us making a serious run next season. I don't want to leave anything to chance. I'd definitely look towards at least getting SERVICEABLE players in FA, and use our top picks on those positions. I mean, we really do have a good team outside of that.

Forte, Marshall, Decker, Peake, Marshall, Anderson, Q, Mangold, Clady on offense. Sheldon, Mo, Leo, Lee, Mauldin, Revis on defense. Good STs for once. Only a few holes.

Really a shame that none of our Olineman picks or CBs are shining. Winters, Milliner, McDougle, just hitting on 2 of these guys would have really helped this year. Oh well, Maccs still got work to do.

47 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

It's almost like the team cleared out most of its management and scouting office...

A great start. One of the first to go was Terry Bradway. He had been around far too long without any good results. Mac kept the staff intact last year to get through the draft. Then he canned them all right after and bought his guys in. Hopefully they can keep the Jets talent levels up and make them competitive. We can't ever have 2 drafts in a row like Idzik again.

Archived