Gino or Petty to Dallas

shrekman1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

they will go after a veteran like shaun hill or kellen clemens or sign a street FA

Shaun Hill would be a good choice for Dallas but Mnny needs him as Teddy's backup. I remember when he was with San Fran years ago carving up the Jets D. Geno is cheaper than most of these guys and only has one year left on his deal. And the Jets would probably let him go for a 7th round pick. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Shaun Hill would be a good choice for Dallas but Mnny needs him as Teddy's backup. I remember when he was with San Fran years ago carving up the Jets D. Geno is cheaper than most of these guys and only has one year left on his deal. And the Jets would probably let him go for a 7th round pick. 

agreed, back up QB's are valuable and hard to get at this point, but the cowboys need a caretaker for 6 weeks to not **** it up and geno is a turnover machine.  nobody wants him.

I think the Jets need to kick the tires on a Fitz trade. He is a one year option and our coaching staff can see that he is offering nothing to this team. If you could get a 3rd or better for Fitz which is possible because his contract would essentially be free for the Cowboys I think you pull the trigger. Petty has shown enough, and Id even be Ok with Hack or Petty learning on the job. I think both could play as well as Sanchez his first year easily in this offense/

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I think the Jets need to kick the tires on a Fitz trade. He is a one year option and our coaching staff can see that he is offering nothing to this team. If you could get a 3rd or better for Fitz which is possible because his contract would essentially be free for the Cowboys I think you pull the trigger. Petty has shown enough, and Id even be Ok with Hack or Petty learning on the job. I think both could play as well as Sanchez his first year easily in this offense/

Please tell me you're trolling.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Why not then Macc looks like a genus getting a top 10 pick in the 2017 NFL draft

11 minutes ago, faba said:

Why would Dallas trade for Petty no experience in any game to back up another QB with no experience= that makes no sense

And why would the Jets trade their only experienced backup and put themselves into the same position as the Cowboys if Fitz got injured. 

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol. That's not a fiscally responsible move. It'd create 10 million in dead cap according to overthecap.com. Also, lol. 

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Lol. That's not a fiscally responsible move. It'd create 10 million in dead cap according to overthecap.com. Also, lol. 

True, but it wouldn't actually change our cap situation. Say Dallas offered a 3rd that could go to a second or first. The Jets would be morons not to take it considering the way this team is constructed. 

True, but it wouldn't actually change our cap situation. Say Dallas offered a 3rd that could go to a second or first. The Jets would be morons not to take it considering the way this team is constructed. 

It's got to be hard on you having your idol suck so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I'm not sure if you believe this or you're just trolling.

1 hour ago, shrekman1 said:

With Dallas needing a backup QB, i can see us trading Gino or Petty for a draft pick. I believe Gino would command a higher pick. Thoughts? 

Why would they buy what they can have for free?

We're not rostering 4 QB's, the level of stupid of such a move is......too much to even accept.

So either Geno is cut or Petty is PS'ed.

Dallas gets one for free in either case.

Presuming they'd even want either, which, lets be real, is doubtful.

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

quadruple-facepalm_o_1973859.jpg

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

agreed, back up QB's are valuable and hard to get at this point, but the cowboys need a caretaker for 6 weeks to not **** it up and geno is a turnover machine.  nobody wants him.

Look there is a chance that Romo is out for either most of the season or the season. And if he does return like last year they could be out of the playoff race. In 2015 all Qb starts without Romo were Ls. Their official backup is Kellen  Moore. To me they should make a move for a guy like Foles. But he might be too expensive. Jerry should have better prepared for this possibility. If Manziel was clean in his personal life he'd be a great candidate. Let's face it the percentage chances of Prescott being an effective starter aren't high. 

28 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yep that was 2008 Favre had the bad arm but we lost 24-14 Hill played well that game..He was 5-3 in the games he started that year I agree Vikes won't let him go..

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look there is a chance that Romo is out for either most of the season or the season. And if he does return like last year they could be out of the playoff race. In 2015 all Qb starts without Romo were Ls. Their official backup is Kellen  Moore. To me they should make a move for a guy like Foles. But he might be too expensive. Jerry should have better prepared for this possibility. If Manziel was clean in his personal life he'd be a great candidate. Let's face it the percentage chances of Prescott being an effective starter aren't high. 

Slim pickings out there, to be fair.

23 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

That's an offer that's never going to happen and a trade that's never going to happen. Cuts are coming. The Cowboys are likely to have their choice of QBs to back up Dak for 6 weeks. 

24 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

all true.  they need a game manager who won't turn it over. 

12 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's an offer that's never going to happen and a trade that's never going to happen. Cuts are coming. The Cowboys are likely to have their choice of QBs to back up Dak for 6 weeks. 

dak is a rookie, they need a veteran

Josh McCown would be a better trade option / pick up for Dallas. They need a guy with experience who can play within himself and not stuff up too much, more than a turnover risk like Geno or Sanchez.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Jets already paid him $10M of his $12M in the form of a bonus. He's not going anywhere. Besides, there's not another team in the league who thinks he's worth anything close to what the Jets are paying him if they could unload that contract. 

Jets already paid him $10M of his $12M in the form of a bonus. He's not going anywhere. Besides, there's not another team in the league who thinks he's worth anything close to what the Jets are paying him if they could unload that contract. 

Why would the Jets want to "unload" the best quarterback on their roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived