Sanchez done in Denver?

AFJF

Just now, isired said:

:)

Today Patrick Ramsey works as Operations Manager and partial owner of his father-in-law's construction company Lincoln Builders, Inc. and works daily in the corporate / Ruston office.

To this day he says..."thanks Fish, sorry I let you down.  But mah lack o' wepponz!!!".

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Warfish said:

If we only could give Ramsey more weapons, and a real fair chance, I still think he could be a legit franchise QB.

Wonder where he is these days....

Today Patrick Ramsey works as Operations Manager and partial owner of his father-in-law's construction company Lincoln Builders, Inc. and works daily in the corporate / Ruston office. www.lincolnbuilders.com

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

No argument can be made that Fitz hasn't sucked 10 out of 11 years and was mediocre with a great supporting cast last year.

You know something Sanchez did for a couple years that Fitz has never done?  Played well in big games.  Fitz' playoff game was last Jan in Buffalo and he looked like the same piece of crap he has for the last 11.  

I repeat..  For anyone other than bitter Jet fans Sanchez has had the better career than Fitz and it's not that close.

Can you remind all of us again which guy was the 5th overall pick and who was a 7th rounder?  

1 hour ago, Pac said:

No argument can be made that Fitz hasn't sucked 10 out of 11 years and was mediocre with a great supporting cast last year.

You know something Sanchez did for a couple years that Fitz has never done?  Played well in big games.  Fitz' playoff game was last Jan in Buffalo and he looked like the same piece of crap he has for the last 11.  

I repeat..  For anyone other than bitter Jet fans Sanchez has had the better career than Fitz and it's not that close.

This is the equivalent of you putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "la la la la".  I could go ahead and present the dozens of arguments demonstrating how Fitzpatrick is superior to Mark Sanchez, but you're really not worth my time.  You've defended Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith.  Your track record on sh*tty QB's speaks for itself, while your constant derision of an actual professional QB (and I have readily admitted his shortcomings) like Fitz only makes me support the guy even more. 

You're proof positive of the hate "going too far" on this board. 

52 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Sanchez had more accomplishments in his career due to the teams he was playing on. He still sucks more than Fitz though. However, both of them are still better than geno.

^^^ This. It's pretty simple.  But far too many bull-headed simpletons just refuse to admit this simple truth. 

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Sanchez is broken. Not sure if the Jets broke him or he just came that way. Not sure if he had better coaching, or had to earn the spot, or got to wait a year things would have been different. But, clearly, he is broken. The Jets took a chance, paid little to move up to get him, but in the end, he is broken. Considering the number of QBs that fail to make the transition to NFL, you can't blame the Jets for trying, but he is done - put a fork in him... 

He came out of school too early AND we didn't always do right by him AND he sucked.  It was a cocktail of suckitude for Sanchez, but 2/3 of those things are on him, and we can be quite confident he would have sucked for any franchise that took him.  Even an extra year of seasoning at USC and sitting a year once he got drafted would not likely have "saved" him. 

Sometimes bad QB's are just bad.

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is the equivalent of you putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "la la la la".  I could go ahead and present the dozens of arguments demonstrating how Fitzpatrick is superior to Mark Sanchez, but you're really not worth my time.  You've defended Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith.  Your track record on sh*tty QB's speaks for itself, while your constant derision of an actual professional QB (and I have readily admitted his shortcomings) like Fitz only makes me support the guy even more. 

You're proof positive of the hate "going too far" on this board. 

Well I'll give you this.  I haven't seen anything like your complete lack of self awareness in years.

You've spent months bashing away at Geno and Sanchez like a toddler playing whack a mole and you have the audacity to accuse me of hate mongering lol.  It's too stupid to even respond to.  I think you're kidding.  I mean you have to be trolling, right?  

w-o-w.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Well I'll give you this.  I haven't seen anything like your complete lack of self awareness in years.

You've spent months bashing away at Geno and Sanchez like a toddler playing whack a mole and you have the audacity to accuse me of hate mongering lol.  It's too stupid to even respond to.  I think you're kidding.  I mean you have to be trolling, right?  

w-o-w.

Probably because Sanchez and Geno actually, you know, deserve the hate.  They're terrible QB's.  Maybe the hate should be devoted more to the guys that drafted them and elected to stick with them through thick and thin, but the hate is still justified when you're terrible at football.  Fitz is not terrible at football. 

On 8/28/2016 at 1:45 PM, Warfish said:

Given our years of friendship, I'll have to take your word on that.  Because you don't seem neutral to me...

Petty did outplay Geno, all preseason thus far.  In the games.  

That will depend on Hack.  Was nice to finally see he's actually a real live person that existed last night...

Yet in the preseason games it's been rather clear whose played better.

I will, it's a wasteful decision that sells the future for at best a very slightly improved backup in the present.

All I hope he is is an acceptable #2.  Which he is.  Other teams have balls, we seem to lack them.

Presumes Geno > Petty, facts not in evidence IMO through 3 weeks of preseason games.  

Geno should have crushed Petty, given Geno's 4 full years in the league with two full years as starter.

Except he didn't  Petty outplayed him.  

If Macc goes with Geno and cuts Petty, well, it's be one of the first things I'd really think Macc ****ed up.

Petty threw an interception that lost the last game because it was returned for a touchdown. He didn't outplay Geno last week.

Now that Macc read the last bolded part maybe he will change his mind. It is a valuable service we supply to the Jets here. :)

With all the moves and rumors floating around think about some of the
players that were "key" members of the team back in 2012:

Sanchez (QB) - on the verge of being cut by DEN
Tebow (QB) - who can't play in the NFL and is trying to play baseball
Greene (RB) - not in the NFL
Holmes (WR) - not in the NFL
Hill (WR) - cut by CAR 
Kerley (WR) - traded to SF for a backup OLineman
Coples (OLB) - cut by LA

What a collection of talent, thanks Ryan and Tanny

22 minutes ago, KRL said:

Hill (WR) - cut by CAR 
Coples (OLB) - cut by LA

Sickening 

24 minutes ago, KRL said:

Hill (WR) - cut by CAR 
Coples (OLB) - cut by LA

F*cking depressing.  Thanks for this.

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports the Broncos have contacted the Cowboys regarding a trade of Mark Sanchez.

That's much different than the Cowboys contacting the Broncos. According to Slater, the Cowboys aren't interested in Sanchez at his current $4.5 million salary, so he'd have to take a pay cut to facilitate a deal. The Cowboys are looking for an experienced clipboard-holder for rookie Dak Prescott. Sanchez fits the profile. It's become clear Sanchez isn't long for Denver.

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports the Broncos have contacted the Cowboys regarding a trade of Mark Sanchez.

That's much different than the Cowboys contacting the Broncos. According to Slater, the Cowboys aren't interested in Sanchez at his current $4.5 million salary, so he'd have to take a pay cut to facilitate a deal. The Cowboys are looking for an experienced clipboard-holder for rookie Dak Prescott. Sanchez fits the profile. It's become clear Sanchez isn't long for Denver.

Probably Mark would prefer to get released and make his own deal. Unless Dallas is interested in paying him a competitive wage.  I just don't think that Jerry has done a good job with the Qb position for the past 2 seasons. You'd think he'd have learned from last year after Romo got injured and they lost all games with backups. Mark is better than the guys they brought in and is capable of winning games. And now Dallas is starting a UFA. Not good preparation esp when you have an older and an injury prone player like Romo. If I'm Jerry I'd get Sanchez because he's the best available Qb with experience. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Mark's. By any stretch. And I don't ever want him back here. But he's still an NFL caliber Qb. And in that pre-season game when he fumbled twice which kind of sealed his fate. Wasn't he like 9-9 before that. You just have to keep him under strict control or he will do you in. But he can move the ball - but it's between the 20s. Just don't let him f up a good drive. Something we've seen a million times. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Broncos cut Sanchez

Jets trade Geno

Jets sign Sanchez

Fitzpatrick injured Week 9

Sanchez leads Jets to AFC East Division Championship

Sanchez wins Divisional Playoff Game

Sanchez wins AFC Championship Game

Sanchez wins Super Bowl

SAR I

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Broncos cut Sanchez

Jets trade Geno

Jets sign Sanchez

Sanchez wins Super Bowl

SAR I

Take it easy on that glue you must be sniffing at work.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Broncos cut Sanchez

Jets trade Geno

Jets sign Sanchez

Sanchez wins Super Bowl

SAR I

Can't think of a more plausible scenario than this one!

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Broncos cut Sanchez

Jets trade Geno

Jets sign Sanchez

Sanchez wins Super Bowl

SAR I

sounds legit

• 2 weeks later...

I love these people say that other people suck and these guys they blast are at the top of their profession. Even Mark Sanchez and Geno. As for Qbs there are only 32 starting jobs and to get one you have to be pretty damned good. I know that the internet is a bastion for kooks but what do these people get out of this. Are they so successful in their own lives they take pleasure in blasting everyone else. Including their betters. 

Archived