Bengals still have some bite

Jetster

The real interesting thing with this game is going to be how Bowles/Rodgers approach AJ Green.  Will they put Revis in 1-on-1 the whole game?  Revis looks back to form so they may be crazy enough to try it.  Without Eifert, take away Green and put Darren Lee on Giovanni Bernard in passing situations and Dalton will have a tough time.

Dalton should find himself in plenty of 3rd and long situations against a loud crowd.  As long as this d-line stays healthy I don't think anyone is running on the Jets this year unless if its an edge-oriented running game like Chip Kelly or the Bills, in which case they may or may not stand a chance depending on the development of Lee, Jenkins, etc.

His 2015 regular season had some ups, downs, ups, down, ... But more ups once everything was said & done.

he has played more bad then good in limited time of his 2016 preseason ... Certainly not as bad as your exaggerated description though.

whch of those 2 (2015 15 game regular season vs. 2016 3 game preseason with limited snaps possible equivalent to 4 quarters total ) do you think should carry more weight with what we should expect his performance to be this regular season?

I admit the exaggeration lol. But to answer your question seriously, it's this year's preseason plus his entire career. I personally think last year was an anomaly more than a trend. We had a historically easy schedule, where both of the conferences we played (NFC east and AFC south) were the 2 worst in the league. Fitz also threw a lot of interceptable balls that just weren't. I don't foresee that luck carrying on forever. My honest opinion is a healthy Fitz throws 5 less TD's, 5 more ints, and 500 less yards. That puts him around 26 TD's, 20 ints, 3400 yards. That puts him right around his preseason ranking of 25 or so. Consequentially it leads to a 6-8 win team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, KRL said:

Their best WR after Green is
Brandon (I drop everything) Lafell, who stinks.  So on paper we actually want
Dalton throwing the ball to sub-par WR's.  Put Revis on Green with Gilchrist
over the top and dare them to throw to Lafell

So basically what you're saying is Brandon Lafell is going to have a career day?  I'll keep that in mind when setting my Week 1 fantasy lineup.  :)

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I admit the exaggeration lol. But to answer your question seriously, it's this year's preseason plus his entire career. I personally think last year was an anomaly more than a trend. We had a historically easy schedule, where both of the conferences we played (NFC east and AFC south) were the 2 worst in the league. Fitz also threw a lot of interceptable balls that just weren't. I don't foresee that luck carrying on forever. My honest opinion is a healthy Fitz throws 5 less TD's, 5 more ints, and 500 less yards. That puts him around 26 TD's, 20 ints, 3400 yards. That puts him right around his preseason ranking of 25 or so. Consequentially it leads to a 6-8 win team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well supported argument ... Going with option "C" ... In between the 2 choices I gave.

schedule certainly may have an impact ... And I'm on board with the schedule going from the  extreme "easy" end to the "hard" end this year. ... That "easy" schedule , to various degrees , also impacted the rest of the AFC as well ... Leading , in part, to a 10-6 record not making playoffs ... Where most times a 9-7 record will get you into the dance.

It is difficult though to predetermine how a season's schedule will play out ahead of time ... When & where teams are played ... Who is missing on that given day ... Etc.

(look at the teams playing NE the 1st month w/o Brady ... Or us getting Cincy at less than 100% health ... Could also say getting the @ Buff game out of the way early this year works in our favor)

if we want to look at the glass as half full - continuity in O with Fitz/Marshall/Decker should have them in more sync with each other in 2016 than in 2015.

Forte averages 500 yards receiving per year ... Ivory couldn't catch a cold ... Now we're back up to around 4000 YD's ... Maybe bump up those passing  TD totals 5 more as well with Forte's having more of his touchdowns coming as a result of dump off receptions than Ivory had.

the funny bounces happen every year as well ... And defenders constantly miss/drop would be INT's because they have hands of stone ... As the saying goes "that's why they play defense" !

then look at the other 2 phases of our team ... Our Special Teams were horrendous last season ... They are looking to be the exact opposite this year ... That should swing the pendulum in our favor.

the D has a chance to to step it up from really good last year to great this year

anyway, a lot still in play .. I'm not willing to go with. 2-4 game drop off at this time.

In that 49-9 beatdown a few years ago, the Bengals controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Our mega talented DL could not get a push on the Bengals OL and Dalton turned into Joe Montana. Bengals defensive front made it tough sledding to move the ball all game. We need Mo Sheldon and Leo to play to their capabilities this time around. We need our shaky OL to hold up! The Bungles are regular playoff chokers but they are a very good regular season team. This will be as tough an opener as we've had in a long while but I still believe this game is winnable....

Archived