Film Review: Jets vs Giants preseason game

joerb31

Back with another film review of the Jets vs Giants preseason game. We will also be reviewing the game and doing a 53 man roster prediction on Jetnation Radio this Tuesday and 8 pm. Let me know what you guys think!

Appreciate the time you put into this, but... feels a little on the homer side -- or selective viewing? Where's the breakdown of how our LT and RT played? I don't need you to point out that Williams can off his block, because that was easily the worst this offense has looked in any game. If you're gonna label this as film review, lets get the whole story. 

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Appreciate the time you put into this, but... feels a little on the homer side -- or selective viewing? Where's the breakdown of how our LT and RT played? I don't need you to point out that Williams can off his block, because that was easily the worst this offense has looked in any game. If you're gonna label this as film review, lets get the whole story. 

Lol go to last week and see how "bias" I am...I ripped apart the Jets last week

Lol go to last week and see how "bias" I am...I ripped apart the Jets last week

Sorry, I'm just still a little stewed over their first half performance. Looked like an offense that thought they could just show up and that was gonna be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Sorry, I'm just still a little stewed over their first half performance. Looked like an offense that thought they could just show up and that was gonna be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understandable but last week like 28/40 of my tweets were negative...this week I pointed out negatives from Fitz/petty/Marshall/Hack etc

No Marshall or Enuwa against Giants so factor that in.  Fitz has not looked great but still preseason.  As long as the line holds up and we can run the ball somewhat effectively the offense will be fine

43 minutes ago, jbt said:

No Marshall or Enuwa against Giants so factor that in.  Fitz has not looked great but still preseason.  As long as the line holds up and we can run the ball somewhat effectively the offense will be fine

Based on what - blind faith? Don't get me wrong, I'm crossing my fingers, toes and dicks with the next guy -- but lets be real here -- Fitz has been debately the most inconsistent QB this side of the moon. 

Agreed,

Fitz hasn't looked good, but the o-line (I think) takes much of the blame.  Seemed when Fitz was rushed (which was about 75% of the time) he was wildly inaccurate.  I am concerned that if the o-line struggles, our offense is going to be a liability for us to be competitive and win games.  The only score we got with the first offense was courtesy of Revis' interception that got us great field position.

15 hours ago, afjetsfan said:

Agreed,

Fitz hasn't looked good, but the o-line (I think) takes much of the blame.  Seemed when Fitz was rushed (which was about 75% of the time) he was wildly inaccurate.  I am concerned that if the o-line struggles, our offense is going to be a liability for us to be competitive and win games.  The only score we got with the first offense was courtesy of Revis' interception that got us great field position.

Offense hasn't looked great. The Jets/Giants game Fitz and his problems were most of his own. He had time to set his feet and throw and he was just missing, definitely has been rusty this preseason.

21 hours ago, joerb31 said:

Back with another film review of the Jets vs Giants preseason game. We will also be reviewing the game and doing a 53 man roster prediction on Jetnation Radio this Tuesday and 8 pm. Let me know what you guys think!

Awesome job putting in the work to do this for us here on the forums, that said I just can't force myself to watch anything the Jets offense did again in that game minus the 1 Hack drive, it was like watching mustard yellow paint dry.

2 hours ago, joerb31 said:

Offense hasn't looked great. The Jets/Giants game Fitz and his problems were most of his own. He had time to set his feet and throw and he was just missing, definitely has been rusty this preseason.

Rusty, seems like mid season form to me.

Archived