Cimini is 100% right on Geno playing on Thurs

AFJF

On August 30, 2016 at 0:08 PM, Beerfish said:

I think they still have not 100% made up their mind about the backup spot, unless some team offers up better than expected trade value for petty/geno.  I see Petty and smith getting about equal time and hackenburg time as well.  Not sure why the backup playing in the final game is viewed as some big deal, it isn't

Think it goes down to wire and will depend on which player would have to be released to keep the 4.  If they can keep 4 and not cut a player they're afraid of losing, they will.  If they're afraid of losing someone who could help them down the road one of the 4 may be history

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On August 30, 2016 at 0:08 PM, Beerfish said:

I think they still have not 100% made up their mind about the backup spot, unless some team offers up better than expected trade value for petty/geno.  I see Petty and smith getting about equal time and hackenburg time as well.  Not sure why the backup playing in the final game is viewed as some big deal, it isn't

Think it goes down to wire and will depend on which player would have to be released to keep the 4.  If they can keep 4 and not cut a player they're afraid of losing, they will.  If they're afraid of losing someone who could help them down the road one of the 4 may be history

12 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Yeah I don't know where this Fitz is fragile! line comes from.

I know there were a couple of posters on this board last year that were very unhappy about Fitz putting his body on the line as far as scrambling and not sliding. Considered it "selfish" if i remember correctly. Saying he would be injured.

Geno is not playing for simple reasons 1. They know what he is and can or cannot do 2. They don't want him hurt to ruin whatever trade value exists 3. They want to know whether whether Petty or Hack looks like a reasonable backup and if not may be forced to keep him

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

I feel like this "history of getting dinged up" or "injury prone" in regards to fitz is one of those things that only said because it's been repeated so much. 100+ games started and he has only missed time due to a broken leg in 2014 and half a game with a thumb last year. No soft tissue injuries ever. He has more in common with Brett Favre than Sam Bradford when it comes to injury history. Hope you're well, Glenn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man...doing good.  Solid point on the dinged up comment, but I think if he had a capable backup last season, Fitz misses at least one game if not two.  He's a year older, and for all of his smarts, will probably not start sliding anytime soon.

Hers to hoping he starts all 16 if he's playing well.

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Neither is Fitz but like you, its more like "1 year fill in until Hack etc". Same for Geno since the odds of Fitz playing all 16 games is not great. 

Fitz is probably starter here 2 years if Jets make playoffs this year..but for sure, Fitz is filling Hacks spot 1-2 years at most. Difference is, Jets just dont see XsOs skills from Geno to make his a every week #1 with them. Other teams who lose starter may be desperate.

Thanks man...doing good.  Solid point on the dinged up comment, but I think if he had a capable backup last season, Fitz misses at least one game if not two.  He's a year older, and for all of his smarts, will probably not start sliding anytime soon.

Hers to hoping he starts all 16 if he's playing well.

Respectfully, exposing himself to injury and having a history of injuries are different things. But with forte having the best hands in the league I expect the scrambles to drop 40 percent of more. We are gonna have a weird hybrid offense. Out jab will be a string of dink and dunks, when the defense bunches up to stop it, boom left hook down field to the ivory and ebony towers. Maybe mix in a pass into amaro's numbers in the middle field (that will be promptly dropped) to keep em even more on their heels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On August 30, 2016 at 0:05 PM, AFJF said:

Can't paste whole article but can link the tweet.

I thought the same exact thing when I heard Bowles' presser yesterday.  You don't even consider playing your no. 2 QB in PS game no. 4 if you're carrying 4.

Jets are either still split on Geno vs Petty, or showcasing Geno.

Cimini sucks....he is almost never right

1 hour ago, Nostradamus said:

Cimini sucks....he is almost never right

Not sure if you read the article or not, but Cimini was speculating based on Bowles' comments.  Two days before the game, Bowles said that he and the CS were still discussing which QB's would play.  He acknowledged that there was a possibility of playing Geno, Hack and Petty.  That's when Cimini wrote the article, and the speculation was based on what message it would be sending if they had indeed played Geno.  Playing your no. 2 QB in PS game no. 4 while carrying 4 QB's would make very little sense, which is why Bowles opted not to.  Had they run him out there, it's completely valid IMO to say the team is considering a change in the depth chart, or showcase for a trade.

27 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Not sure if you read the article or not, but Cimini was speculating based on Bowles' comments.  Two days before the game, Bowles said that he and the CS were still discussing which QB's would play.  He acknowledged that there was a possibility of playing Geno, Hack and Petty.  That's when Cimini wrote the article, and the speculation was based on what message it would be sending if they had indeed played Geno.  Playing your no. 2 QB in PS game no. 4 while carrying 4 QB's would make very little sense, which is why Bowles opted not to.  Had they run him out there, it's completely valid IMO to say the team is considering a change in the depth chart, or showcase for a trade.

I get that, so ok give him a bit of a pass on this one....but just in general i have noticed for a guy reporting for ESPN Cimini seems to be wrong fairly often.  I shouldn't say he sucks...because that may be a bit unfair, but he if off in things he says fairly often.  Most media is however.   

5 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

I get that, so ok give him a bit of a pass on this one....but just in general i have noticed for a guy reporting for ESPN Cimini seems to be wrong fairly often.  I shouldn't say he sucks...because that may be a bit unfair, but he if off in things he says fairly often.  Most media is however.   

I've been saying for years now that Cimini can be great when he wants to be, but he's been doing the job for so long that it's probably a bit boring for him.  I will say though, I feel like he's toned down the snark over the past season or two.

Just now, AFJF said:

I've been saying for years now that Cimini can be great when he wants to be, but he's been doing the job for so long that it's probably a bit boring for him.  I will say though, I feel like he's toned down the snark over the past season or two.

He has his moments.  I'll say this I often get more annoyed watching SNY than i do listening to what Cimini says...those guys are ridiculous sometimes.  Ray Locas was better at playing football.  Eric Allen?   ugh.   The Jets need better media.  Oh well 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wishing injury on any player is a low-life douche move. 

I am not saying it, as if to say - I wish Geno got hurt. As much as I don't like Geno, I wouldn't say I wish he got hurt or that I hope he does. 

It was a joke for the board, as in if Bowles wanted to find a reason to get rid of Geno he missed his chance by not playing him. R.....E......L....A.......X

Some people are wound to tightly in this place. "your" interpretation of the comment and then commenting on it as if it can only mean one thing is a low-life douce move

Just now, Stark said:

I am not saying it, as if to say - I wish Geno got hurt. As much as I don't like Geno, I wouldn't say I wish he got hurt or that I hope he does. 

It was a joke for the board, as in if Bowles wanted to find a reason to get rid of Geno he missed his chance by not playing him. R.....E......L....A.......X

Some people are wound to tightly in this place. "your" interpretation of the comment and then commenting on it as if it can only mean one thing is a low-life douce move

You made the comments not me. It was a cool thing to do until someone called you out on it. 

2 hours ago, Stark said:

Do if Geno had started last night he may be out with a shoulder injury. Then we IR Geno. Go with Petty and Hack behind Fitz.

Damn it Bowles. you missed your chance. lol

You felt cool posting this hey look at me everybody who hates Geno look what I posted. 

2 hours ago, Stark said:

Do if Geno had started last night he may be out with a shoulder injury. Then we IR Geno. Go with Petty and Hack behind Fitz.

Damn it Bowles. you missed your chance. lol

Sure, except Geno doesn't get hurt on a shove. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You felt cool posting this hey look at me everybody who hates Geno look what I posted. 

Man, you got it. I didn't know the most intelligent person in the world, who obviously has a degree in psychology, lives on a JETS fan board.

Keep drinking pal

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

the original post I made even had lol after the statement. sorry. can't help you if that doesn't register

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Give him the neg rep treatment. 

Archived