Bridgewater

LockeJET

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teddy Bridgewater suffered a potentially serious non-contact left knee injury in Tuesday's practice.

Bridgewater went down in a heap, and his teammates immediately called for the trainer. According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, players were cursing and throwing their helmets. They gathered around Bridgewater in prayer. The scene was described as "complete shock." The Vikings canceled practice. Obviously, it has the looks of a potentially season-ending injury, which would be a devastating blow even considering Bridgewater's game-managing ways. Journeyman veteran Shaun Hill is the next man up on the depth chart.

Really rough news for a team expected to contend this year.  Really solid team in all phases who now lose their leader.  Sucks a lot.

From a Geno trade perspective...not sure how much interest I'd expect from the Vikings IF this is indeed a season-ender for Teddy B.  They already have an experienced backup (Shaun Hill) who will now start.  They also have a couple decent UDFA QB's, Taylor Heinicke and Joel Stave, who could easily get a shot at # 2 duties.  Heinecke was a 4-year starter at Old Dominion University, where he threw 132 career TD's, and Stave won 31 games at Wisconsin.  They could very well elect to keep both around as the # 2 and 3 guys. 

If they really need another option in there, they can just sign someone off the scrap heap rather than move a draft pick for Geno. 

I'd like to see it happen of course, but I have my doubts.

27 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Vikings just called off practice after 25 minutes, when Teddy Bridgewater went down on a non-contact play. Trainers immediately rushed to Bridgewater's side, while players dropped to one knee in prayer

Oh no.  There's a man down. 

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Really rough news for a team expected to contend this year.  Really solid team in all phases who now lose their leader.  Sucks a lot.

From a Geno trade perspective...not sure how much interest I'd expect from the Vikings IF this is indeed a season-ender for Teddy B.  They already have an experienced backup (Shaun Hill) who will now start.  They also have a couple decent UDFA QB's, Taylor Heinicke and Joel Stave, who could easily get a shot at # 2 duties.  Heinecke was a 4-year starter at Old Dominion University, where he threw 132 career TD's, and Stave won 31 games at Wisconsin.  They could very well elect to keep both around as the # 2 and 3 guys. 

If they really need another option in there, they can just sign someone off the scrap heap rather than move a draft pick for Geno. 

actually Geno Smith has been mentioned for over a month now as possible back up to Bridewater

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don;t know about the other guy but Stave looked pure awful leading up to the draft imo.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Don;t know about the other guy but Stave looked pure awful leading up to the draft imo.

Stave is apparently listed as the # 3 currently, but who knows how much confidence they have in him.  Last year Heinicke was on the roster and they carried 3 QB's, so if they do that again, they'll either have the depth chart as Hill-Stave-Heinicke OR they'll bring in a veteran and cut one of the 2 young guys, perhaps stashing one on the practice squad.

Archived