Todd Bowles 2016 Kickoff Luncheon Speech

JETSfaninNE

Hype!  19-0 here we come!

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Todd-Bowles-‘We-Expect-to-Win-Every-Game’/4a20e31f-cca6-4d4b-a527-600170f4ad71?campaign=ea-tw

Can't embed the video unfortunately.

A few choice quotes:

“The best way to predict the future is to create one.”  Todd Bowles 2016

"We  Stress 3 Things Daily: Talent (shows u what u can do), Motivation (how far ur willing to go) & Attitude (shows u how to get there)" Todd Bowles 2016

"When you have 53 guys all on the same page with talent, motivation and attitude working together, then you have something special" Todd Bowles 2016

28 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I hope they stay around for a long time I really like this tandem.. 

I haven't seen anything in Bowles to tell me he is special.  I like his low demeanor and no nonsense but he still made a few errors last year.   Let's hope he gets these kids playing to potential. 

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I haven't seen anything in Bowles to tell me he is special.  I like his low demeanor and no nonsense but he still made a few errors last year.   Let's hope he gets these kids playing to potential. 

It was his first full year as a HC ,BP and Bill Walsh started out making a few mistakes as well.. IMO way too early to judge..

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

This is one reason I have been overly critical of the hackenburg pick.  i like our coach and gm and really before the draft didn't like Hack as a prospect at all.  Once they used a 2nd rounder on him it links them to that player in a big way.

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

I like Mac a lot but completely unsold on Bowles. He gas shown some veteran first defensive minded head coaching tendencies and I don't think that leads to winning football.

19 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I like Mac a lot but completely unsold on Bowles. He gas shown some veteran first defensive minded head coaching tendencies and I don't think that leads to winning football.

The best route to take when you do not have a franchise QB

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

In a perfect world had Rex gone with Tanny after the 2013 season my choice would have been Bruce Arians.. I always liked what I saw from him in interviews plus he was Peyton's QB coach when he was drafted..In 2012 he was both the OC and interim HC of the Colts and led them to a 9-3 record during  HC Chuck Pagano's sickness due to leukemia and won coach of the year in 2012.. I also liked the fact he was a offensive minded coach since we haven't had one in decades.. But the Cards got him but at least we got his assistant who won asst coach of the year in 2014..LOL

23 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

In a perfect world had Rex gone with Tanny after the 2013 season my choice would have been Bruce Arians.. I always liked what I saw from him in interviews plus he was Peyton's QB coach when he was drafted..In 2012 he was both the OC and interim HC of the Colts and led them to a 9-3 record during  HC Chuck Pagano's sickness due to leukemia and won coach of the year in 2012.. I also liked the fact he was a offensive minded coach since we haven't had one in decades.. But the Cards got him but at least we got his assistant who won asst coach of the year in 2014..LOL

Yeah I really wanted Arians too

It's nice we've pretty much swept all of the Rex nonsense away. Only concerns I have over this regime is them being too conservative and not innovative enough. The 1980's, 1990's "I KNOW WHAT MY EYES TELL ME" is way gone. Adapt or die....time will tell.

It's minor, but seeing the Patriots go for two every time in the preseason vs us trotting out a kicker who wont make the team to kick a meaningless extra point annoys me. And oh yeah, stop drafting pass rushers with sh*tty 3 cone times.

I think the best part of Bowles is the players respect him and want to win for him and with him. He's kept the BS and drama down this year, unlike Rex. Cant say that with all HC/player relationships. I like his demeanor on the sidelines. Doesn't get rattled like Rex jumping up and down and throwing his hat, spittin, kicking and having tantrums. He'll make mistakes, every coach does but I liked what I saw last year and would think he will only improve.

29 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

In a perfect world had Rex gone with Tanny after the 2013 season my choice would have been Bruce Arians.. 

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah I really wanted Arians too

Over at JI, I was one of the loudest posters about getting Bruce even before he went to Indy....back when he was fired by Pitt. Back then, I wanted him badly for OC; not HC since I still believed in Rex (only one year away from back to back afccgs)...but who knows what could have been...

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Over at JI, I was one of the loudest posters about getting Bruce even before he went to Indy....back when he was fired by Pitt. Back then, I wanted him badly for OC; not HC since I still believed in Rex (only one year away from back to back afccgs)...but who knows what could have been...

That would have been a great in house move from OC to HC when things went bad.. What could have been is right..

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is one reason I have been overly critical of the hackenburg pick.  i like our coach and gm and really before the draft didn't like Hack as a prospect at all.  Once they used a 2nd rounder on him it links them to that player in a big way.

It seems backwards to me that a GM could be drafting good players year in and year out (not necessarily talking about Mac), but because he drafted a project QB 50th overall, his job is hanging by the results that pick. Quarterbacks are the hardest positions to land, and we should know that more than any fans. Jets fans should be fine with just some stability if the GM is nailing every other position. He could have been taken two or thirty picks later than that, we'll never know. Cody Kessler was taken in the third round.

Obviously, we want the best QB, and obviously, the FO would make the moves necessary to acquire such a player if it were easy. It's not easy, and he didn't trade up twenty spots for a guy getting beat out by Case Keenum and Sean Mannion. There's middle ground between mortgaging a future for a QB and taking a project QB 50 spots later, and still managing to get solid players after that pick (I guess there's a valid argument about Lynch somewhere in this middle ground). I just think even if Hack doesn't pan out, Mac is playing this QB situation the right way. 

Disclaimer to all and not necessarily Beerfish: A rebuttal that includes Dak Prescott is not accurate because Dak Prescott hasn't played a down in the NFL yet, nor is it possible to evaluate pre-draft how a QB would react when thrown into the fire.   

Talk is cheap. Money buys the whiskey. 

Yes I like Bowles and more than Bowles, I like Mac. But I am against giving too much weight to what coaches or players say. If you want to impress me, show me the results on the field. Without them, you are just another football philosopher. 

3 hours ago, Savage69 said:

I really like Bowles...but I really really love Bruce Arians. 

Archived