Eagles trading Bradford to Vikes

AFJF

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Credit the Iggles for being opportunistic.  Brilliant trade on their part.  Both other QB's are better than Bradford -- talk about getting something for nothing.

Traded Foles for Bradford, who then was released by the Rams and then turn Bradford into a 1 & 4.

And picked Wentz to be their QB of the future.  

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Almost as if they were planning this all along

Couldn't have scripted it better.

Of course they also have to pray that Chase Daniels can be decent this year, Bradford played well the 2nd half of 2015

17 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

no confirmation on what year the 4th round pick is

It's a 2018 4th round pick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Rick Spielman just punched his ticket out of Minnesota.

This has to be one of the most desperate & absolutely ridiculous trades I have ever seen.

Sam Bradford is the Ryan Leaf of the 2010's.

It's unfathomable to me that there are organizations that continue to trade multiple draft picks on a complete bust that has accomplished absolutely nothing in the NFL since entering the league as a #1 overall draft pick in 2010.

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

That his to be one of the most desperate & absolutely ridiculous trades I have ever seen.

It's unfathomable to me that there are organizations that continue to trade multiple draft picks on a complete bust that has accomplished absolutely nothing in the NFL since entering the league as a #1 overall draft pick in 2010.

They overpaid for sure.  But with that defense and team they went from a team with no shot at the playoffs to a favorite to make the playoffs type team.  

17 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

This was unexpected. But to me a good deal for Minny. They want to win now. And that was going to possibly be Mark's destination. 

You think this was a good deal for Minnesota?? Really??

This will wind up costing their GM Rick Spielman his job.

Book it.

This was an absolute raping of Minnesota by the Eagles.

It's almost criminal for one organization to get victimized this badly by another.

4 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

You think this was a good deal for Minnesota?? Really??

This will wind up costing their GM Rick Spielman his job.

Book it.

This was an absolute fleasing of Minnesota by the Eagles.

It means they want to win now and they gave up a lot. The draft picks are inconsequential vs wins and losses. They think they can win with Bradford. To me Bradford is a good NFL Qb. He might even be able to beat out Teddy next year and Bridgewater might not even be able to play next season. If Bridgewater comes back then they can trade Bradford and recover some of those draft picks. Esp if he has a good season since he signed a two year deal with Philly. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

It means they want to win now and they gave up a lot. The draft picks are inconsequential vs wins and losses. They think they can win with Bradford. To me Bradford is a good NFL Qb. He might even be able to beat out Teddy next year and Bridgewater might not even be able to play next season. If Bridgewater comes back then they can trade Bradford and recover some of those draft picks. Esp if he has a good season since he signed a two year deal with Philly. 

And all he has to do is not turn the ball over, he doesn't even have to play great for them to feel successful 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It means they want to win now and they gave up a lot. The draft picks are inconsequential vs wins and losses. They think they can win with Bradford. To me Bradford is a good NFL Qb. He might even be able to beat out Teddy next year and Bridgewater

Wow.....just wow.

You must be living in fantasy land.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

This was unexpected. But to me a good deal for Minny. They want to win now. And that was going to possibly be Mark's destination. 

You can't possibly be serious!!  A first and a fourth for Bradford... a guy any team could have signed 6 months ago?  That is a brutal trade for the Vikings.

Just now, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

And all he has to do is not turn the ball over, he doesn't even have to play great for them to feel successful 

Bradford is a better Qb than that. He's not a game manager he's pretty much a franchise Qb. He had a good year with Philly in 2015. 

That is absolutely insane.  As others have obviously stated, Bradford is worth nowhere near that much.  But even beyond that, even if the Vikings are inexplicably impressed by him, I guess to be willing to give that up, that would suggest there's actually some interest in him long term.  I have to imagine this shows the Vikings are very afraid that Bridgewater is completely finished.

14 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

It's a 2018 4th round pick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

This has to be one of the most desperate & absolutely ridiculous trades I have ever seen.

Minus the drugs and the good times.

Well, Minny gives up a 1st and a 4th because they think they can make the playoffs this year with Bradford. These types of Qbs are hard to find and getting one for that price is not stupid. They are generally unavailable. Also they can trade him after the season if they want and get back some of those picks. I think worth taking this chance and a smart move. Whereas Dallas is going with a rookie Qb with many question marks. 

No truer words ever spoken

Sheil KapadiaESPN Writer 

Since 2010, 20 quarterbacks have attempted at least 2,000 passes. Among that group, Sam Bradford ranks 18th in completion percentage, 20th in YPA and 20th in passer rating. As we see every offseason, the price for mediocrity at quarterback is high -- especially in a deal like this where one team (the Eagles) had all the leverage.

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

That is absolutely insane.  As others have obviously stated, Bradford is worth nowhere near that much.  But even beyond that, even if the Vikings are inexplicably impressed by him, I guess to be willing to give that up, that would suggest there's actually some interest in him long term.  I have to imagine this shows the Vikings are very afraid that Bridgewater is completely finished.

Notwithstanding the fact that they are sold out for the season, the shiny new football palace no doubt adds pressure to try and put a decent product on the field.  Wrong move, though.  It just reeks of desperation.

Archived