Who Else is Pumped for Sunday? Share you Tailgate Menus too

Lot K Tailgaters

I always find preseason games miserable to attend with tons of amateur tailgaters in the parking lots.  I'm very excited for Sunday.  Home Opener even in the worst years we always feel some hope.  Last week I finally went through all my tailgate equipment and today I did some shopping for some supplies I needed.  I stocked up on tons of propane already last week.

The weather should be great and I'm excited for it.  My tailgate theme is the San Gennaro feast so it's all Italian food.  I'm making meatballs, chicken marsala, and grilled bread with pesto tomatoes and fresh mozzarell.  My girlfriend is making penne vodka and her mother is making homemade canolis.  Some others are also bringing sausage n peppers, pizza, stromboli, Italian chicken sandwiches, and more.

Below is the video I always enjoy watching before bed the night before our first game each year.

5 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I always find preseason games miserable to attend with tons of amateur tailgaters in the parking lots.  I'm very excited for Sunday.  Home Opener even in the worst years we always feel some hope.  Last week I finally went through all my tailgate equipment and today I did some shopping for some supplies I needed.  I stocked up on tons of propane already last week.

The weather should be great and I'm excited for it.  My tailgate theme is the San Gennaro feast so it's all Italian food.  I'm making meatballs, chicken marsala, and grilled bread with pesto tomatoes and fresh mozzarell.  My girlfriend is making penne vodka and her mother is making homemade canolis.  Some others are also bringing sausage n peppers, pizza, stromboli, Italian chicken sandwiches, and more.

Below is the video I always enjoy watching before bed the night before our first game each year.

Damn, that sounds great!

Better be careful Vinnie from Staten Island doesn't crash your tailgate.

I'm excited for every week, but the home opener is always special. 

This week we'll have two different breakfast casseroles, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, Mac Attack Sliders, Cincinnati chili dogs, sausage and peppers, wings and london broil for before the game and flank steaks and burgers for after. 

The season is upon us. GO JETS

1 hour ago, JoeC36 said:

I'm excited for every week, but the home opener is always special. 

This week we'll have two different breakfast casseroles, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, Mac Attack Sliders, Cincinnati chili dogs, sausage and peppers, wings and london broil for before the game and flank steaks and burgers for after. 

The season is upon us. GO JETS

Well, sounds like I'm cruising by your tailgate pre game.

Prepare your body.

TailgateJoe always does a Mexican Taco Tailgate theme for week 1. We set up a big taco bar with beef, Fajita chicken, chorizo, and carne asada skirt steak with all the taco toppings and flour/corn/crunchy tortillas. The carne asada is the real star here, I use creekstone farms prime grade skirt steak and a citrus marinade I make up myself. There is also a special hot dog that we won 2nd at The Great Hot Dog cookoff with, includes slab bacon, sour cream, and home made guac. Rounding out the theme is grilled mexican elotes street corn and mexican yellow rice. Of course we also have burgers, our standard issue burger is a 6oz Lafrieda blend of chuck/brisket/short rib with thick sliced American on a Royal Crown Bakery fresh baked brioche. We have some pastry for the really early guests and there will be other chips and snacks and for dessert we always do the fresh filled cannoli.

Anyone who doesn't feel like lugging their grill or food shopping is welcome to join us, the food is great and it's a good time! It's also the official JN tailgate!

http://www.tailgatejoe.com/new-york-jets-tailgate-party-bengals-2016/

On 9/6/2016 at 7:25 PM, joebabyny said:

TailgateJoe always does a Mexican Taco Tailgate theme for week 1. We set up a big taco bar with beef, Fajita chicken, chorizo, and carne asada skirt steak with all the taco toppings and flour/corn/crunchy tortillas. The carne asada is the real star here, I use creekstone farms prime grade skirt steak and a citrus marinade I make up myself. There is also a special hot dog that we won 2nd at The Great Hot Dog cookoff with, includes slab bacon, sour cream, and home made guac. Rounding out the theme is grilled mexican elotes street corn and mexican yellow rice. Of course we also have burgers, our standard issue burger is a 6oz Lafrieda blend of chuck/brisket/short rib with thick sliced American on a Royal Crown Bakery fresh baked brioche. We have some pastry for the really early guests and there will be other chips and snacks and for dessert we always do the fresh filled cannoli.

Anyone who doesn't feel like lugging their grill or food shopping is welcome to join us, the food is great and it's a good time! It's also the official JN tailgate!

http://www.tailgatejoe.com/new-york-jets-tailgate-party-bengals-2016/

Are you still doing a tailgate for KC?

Who is going to the game? I am sooooooo damn pumped.

The work weeks have been way too long lately. Real life stress has been too much. On Sunday life gets put on hold and there is nothing but screaming for the Jets. Can't friggin wait.

I spent all day last Sunday smoking meats so I'm not going to get crazy making food this weekend. Plus, I already have a fridge full of delicious meats. I'll probably make a pulled pork sandwich because it's a lunch time game. Smoked pork, a little BBQ sauce and cole slaw on a toasted bun, Plus beer, obviously.

Archived