JetNation FanDuel League is back...

Maxman

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I just checked and saw that. He specifically told me several times they wouldn't do that. I will talk to them this week and I am really thinking we should just bag the league. I am really disappointed that they did this.

I have no doubt that's what you were told.  I think some guy that didn't know about the arrangement decided to unlock it when he saw how many spots were open.

Obviously they have someone monitoring and opening "private" tourneys if they don't meet a certain threshold but you'd think that it's pretty simple to include instructions on ours stating not to open it.

Probably 1 guy F'd up rather then a deliberate attempt to mislead you.

That said I really think the play at this point is to ask for a 150 max league with a $10 buy in and 15 max entries...

We can fill that..  I'd put in 10-15, Gast and Shane would, Ape might, the Buffalo Sabers guy and Plustin will..  that's just off the top of my head.  Then you have many that will enter anywhere from 3-5 teams.

Even if they did open it up hopefully there would only be a handful of spots left.

Just did a quick scan and only recognize 6 names in the top 50.

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

I have no doubt that's what you were told.  I think some guy that didn't know about the arrangement decided to unlock it when he saw how many spots were open.

Obviously they have someone monitoring and opening "private" tourneys if they don't meet a certain threshold but you'd think that it's pretty simple to include instructions on ours stating not to open it.

Probably 1 guy F'd up rather then a deliberate attempt to mislead you.

That said I really think the play at this point is to ask for a 150 max league with a $10 buy in and 15 max entries...

We can fill that..  I'd put in 10-15, Gast and Shane would, Ape might, the Buffalo Sabers guy and Plustin will..  that's just off the top of my head.  Then you have many that will enter anywhere from 3-5 teams.

Even if they did open it up hopefully there would only be a handful of spots left.

Just did a quick scan and only recognize 6 names in the top 50.

I like this idea a lot.

Gotta ask..  are they intentionally messing with you lol?

The setup for this week is actually worse than the first.  50 openings...  $5...  only 1 team allowed?

we do NOT have 50 people who will join.  We have about 30..  but what we do have is people who will play 10 teams at $10 a pop.  Can they switch it?

17 hours ago, Pac said:

Gotta ask..  are they intentionally messing with you lol?

The setup for this week is actually worse than the first.  50 openings...  $5...  only 1 team allowed?

we do NOT have 50 people who will join.  We have about 30..  but what we do have is people who will play 10 teams at $10 a pop.  Can they switch it?

Wow, that sucks.  Really dissappointing.

4 hours ago, Pac said:

Yeah that's obviously not what Max would have asked for.  I think they're taking the complaint about last weeks setup and just making something up.

We went back and forth a bit and it got a little nasty. At one point I told him to just can the league. I gave the feedback about not having a 50/50 league. I told them that I was promised that the league wouldn't hit the lobby. They said it hit the lobby because it didn't fill.

What I was trying to accomplish was build some confidence early in the season. Once people saw it wasn't hitting the lobby I think more would have joined. Like I said the conversation went a bit sideways.

I am going to post this league and I am okay with what everyone decides. We can just cancel the league if we don't get what we want. Thanks.

1st
$55
2nd
$45
3rd
$35
4th
$30
5th
$25
6th
$20
7th
$15

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

We went back and forth a bit and it got a little nasty. At one point I told him to just can the league. I gave the feedback about not having a 50/50 league. I told them that I was promised that the league wouldn't hit the lobby. They said it hit the lobby because it didn't fill.

What I was trying to accomplish was build some confidence early in the season. Once people saw it wasn't hitting the lobby I think more would have joined. Like I said the conversation went a bit sideways.

I am going to post this league and I am okay with what everyone decides. We can just cancel the league if we don't get what we want. Thanks.

1st
$55
2nd
$45
3rd
$35
4th
$30
5th
$25
6th
$20
7th
$15

Yeah again whatever happens is cool and thanks for even doing this!  I just don't understand if you tell them to set up a league with 150, $10, and 15 why they would say no.  They're going to open it if it doesn't fill anyway.

Archived